Matured people should post their opinions here and the administrators of this site should without bias edit any item sent before posting. J.T.
I buy this for main purpose of whatsapp .. But no whatsapp working .. Can anyone tell me is whatsapp available in nokia asha 501 ??
1)good battery backup,
2)good camera only in daylight,
3)good looks by shells(back panel),
4)good nokia xpress browser,
5)good fastlane feature,
6)we can keep a webpage as an app icon in the main screen by opening xpress browser and opening the favourite page then scroll up and select "add to ap screen",
6)good call/music clarity,
7)decent music on headphones,
8)ebuddy, wechat, line..
1)bad camera in night/dark,
2)only in built background wallpapers to set,
3)no nimbuzz and whatsapp,
4)double tap main screen is not responsive (better disable it in settings)
5)inbuilt email/facebook is basic,..
Overall i give Nokia Asha 501 a 7/10
Anonymous, 10 Aug 2013is there whats app????? is der watsapp in dis phone..????
Please go for samsung star....never buy this....
If we say star is lagging then we have to say asha 501 is crawling.....
star is of similar price and it can do lots of things lot efficiently.....
One day of usage i got heavy expectations with this....but was very dissappointed with this.......
1) double tap to unlock is based on accelerometer so unless u heavily tap the screen the phone doesnot unlock....it is not u double touch it gets wakes up.
2) the nokia express browser is good,it is the only app which supports multitasking....even if we kill it by swiping it will be in background.
3)after updating the facebook app i am not able to activate the push notifications. please help me
4) email app...opening email on 2g takes lot of time.
6) other java apps which we install will take atleast 30 secs to open....wtf is this.......i have installed operamini it takes lot of time to load.....nokia express browser is not that good as opera mini....
5) wechat notifications are delayed.....waste
6) the whole experience of scrolling and swiping....the frame rate is very low....it feels like it is lagging.
7)in the potrait onscreen keyaboard the keys on right most 'l' and 'p' are little unresponsive....may be specific to my handset only.
Only goof things are battery life.
Atiya, 10 Aug 2013How do I shift the pictures from my phone to my laptop?via usb connector
I cannot term it as smartphone because it cannot perform multtask, and it uses normal nokia operating system
yes. this phone has a good battery backup of 3-4 days with normal usage.
alok, 10 Aug 2013does this fone includes multitasking..?yap it supports multitasking
Sandeep, 10 Aug 2013Yes, whatsapp will be available shortly for this device, we are already working towards sameAre u guys damn sure about it? Bcz after buyin 501 i can't suffer without whatsapp..
i use sony smartphone.
i need a backup phone just for calling & texting.
only concern is -- voice quality at call & battery backup .
i m tired of charging of my sony smartphone.
many of u using this phone; pls help me.
should i go for it?
why does nokia love to take a dump on themselves, WHY WOULDNT U PUT A FK 3G ?!?!?!?!?!?!, what the grand master plan?; EPIC FAIL