Nokia C5 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

Popularity

Daily interest
2.6%
Total hits:
14229178

Voting results

Design
7.3
Features
7.3
Performance
7.4
Votes:
108

Sort by:

> In reply to [deleted post]The Nokia C5 have a tight integration of social messaging service in their Nokia messaging apps.

It's mean if your friend update their status on facebook, the updated status were PUSHED to your nokia C5 (and also C3, E5, C6, N97, E72). You don't have to go online to check it. It is PUSHED to your phone.

Thus Nokia C5 is great for social messaging (compare to C510).

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 20:03
  • uEB1
  • R

> In reply to [deleted post]@rakesh,

I'm really sorry to ask you this "can you really read english and understand what I'm saying".

I'm not saying that you can't cut and paste in C510. I know you can cut and paste with opera browser in any phone that support java.

What I'm saying is.... you can't cut text in one apps, and paste it in others apps. for example. you can't cut part of the text in email apps in your c510 and paste it in your calender or address book or notes apps.

The email client in the C510 also lack of push capability. Meaning, that you must download new e-mail manually.


Best Regards,

The anonymous.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:47
  • uEB1
  • R

> In reply to [deleted post]@rakesh,

indeed you true. that those were only web based things.

but in nokia C5, if your friend update their facebook status or tweet something new. It would be instantly showed in your nokia C5. You don't have to go online to check it manually. It's pushed to your phone. This is something that your super-duper-sony-erricson-c510 can't do.

why don't admit this rakesh? How hard for you to say that your wrong.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:33
  • uEB1
  • R

> In reply to rakesh @ 2010-04-25 19:07 from TL5H - click to read@rakesh

Another answer from you that showing that you really understand nothing.

GPS chip in phone is work independent. It doesn't need any other help from wifi/GSM/3G/CDMA. It got the signal from the GPS satelite. The phone carrier only help showing you the map (in the case of google map) because the map data is on the google server. Whereas in Ovi map the data is on your phone, therefore you can have no SIM card at all in your phone and be able to navigate with Nokia C5.

This is something that OVI map is way ahead of google. If you can't admit it, than you're not a real gentleman.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:30
  • uEB1
  • R

> In reply to [deleted post]You dont know how much Ovi Maps with Gps is useful.. Even if you say Google Maps is better than okay its good for us. We can download the latest version of Google Maps but you cant.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:30
  • KFNe
  • R

> In reply to rakesh @ 2010-04-25 19:04 from TL5H - click to read@rakesh

seeing how you answer me on this subject make me believe that you don't really know what your talking about.

There's NO java mail apps that can beat the one on Nokia C5. The new nokia messaging for e-mail IS A FIRST CLASS email client you can have. It's only comparable to android/iphone/blackberry. (I think it's better than android/iphone/blackberry, but it's still on the same league with that 3 platform).

The Java e-mail apps lack the full integration with the phone. Because Java is run on virtual machine (thus the name is java virtual machine). This make Java can't multi task (Your super-duper C510 can't multitask, meaning, if you reading mail and have call comming...... must close mail apps). You can't cut and paste the e-mail on your super-duper C510 and put it on the notes application or sms it to other. On the other hand e-mail apps on nokia C5 is really beautiful. You can select number, and call directly (no need pencil and paper to write it down first), you can cut and paste part of the email and sms it. you can do a lot of things that Java developer will have a head-ic to imagine on how building such an apps.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:25
  • uEB1
  • R

If any one wants good camera phone with decent features, good headphones and dont need gps and for a general use, the c510 will be a better choice for him.
But if anybody needs a smartphone and he is not too much in the camera, wants Gps, better build quality then C5 will be better for him.
.
[ Offline Ovi Maps with Gps is more accurate compare to Online Google Maps without Gps ]

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:23
  • KFNe
  • U

Even if google maps is better than what! You can download Google Maps 4.01 in C5 but in C510 you cannot.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:16
  • KFNe
  • U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-25 19:03 from uEB1 - click to readaccuracy of online mapping is always better than offline mapping

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:07
  • TL5H
  • R

> In reply to [deleted post]handle email like u handle mail on pc. U upload, download email

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:04
  • TL5H
  • R

> In reply to [deleted post]I don't ask you if google map is better or not.

What if your pre-paid sim card run out of $$$$. Or you just arrived at other country, and want to use the map.

Ovi is WAY better than google map. You just to ignorant to admit that. And Nokia C5 is way better than your super-duper C510. And you just arrogant to admit that.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 19:03
  • uEB1
  • R

ans 1 que.*u use offline map without updating it i use current online updated map. google map is better than ovi map if u use both than result is in front u. even if u purchase c5 u prefer to use google map. try it ovi map just like small baby compare to google map. online map accuracy far better than offline map.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 18:45
  • TL5H
  • U

I just want to add clarification to my earlier post.

the license of Qualcom CDMA 2000 1x is 40-80 quids (per phone). whereas for GSM is about 1 quids (per phone).... circa 2000.

1 quids = 1 usd

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 18:44
  • uEB1
  • U

> In reply to [deleted post]You're sound like you just graduated from Qualcom Powerpoint.

First of all, GSM is the defacto standard. using GSM means you can use your phone in more place than CDMA.

Second, if Nokia or SE or any other manufacture want to use CDMA, they have to pay hefty license to qualcom. Before year 2000, the license is around 40-80 quids. Whereas GSM standard is own by GSM consortium, in which the company want the standard to be use in GSM consortium must agree that their license is around 1 quids. Note. GSM standard mainly owned/proposed by nokia, siemens, erricson.

Third, Most CDMA phone were injected (no RUIM -- RUIM is the SIM card in CDMA). So, if you buy CDMA in Korea, you can't use it in China. If you buy CDMA in China or Indonesia you can't use it in Korea or USA. You must buy the CDMA phone from provider. Whereas GSM were going the open road. You can buy GSM anywhere (almost) and use it on every (almost every) provider.

So, The death of CDMA is not because CDMA is better than GSM or vice versa, but because of the nature of the way they conduct bussiness.

OK... final part.
CDMA and GSM have their own good/bad point. If your network is very crowded, CDMA gives you better erlang. Which mean for the same 5MHz bandwith, CDMA can have more user than GSM. This is good because the number of the different is very big. Alomst 4x. ...BUT... when your Base Transmit Station (BTS) have around 40%-70% load, CDMA phone became very hot. It's because the phone must open every packet it's received (thus the name Code Division), and if the packet can't be open by the phone encryption key, then it's discard it (the packet not meant for this user). The effect of this hot is battery is gone very fast, radiation is very high. Whereas in GSM it is based on TDMA (Time Division) in which the phone knows the frequency it were using now and the time splice, therefore it's only encoding the data it need to encode. Thus it's not hot and battery life is longer.

NOW... WCDMA vs. CDMA EVDO/EVDV.
Qualcom submit to GSM consortium for the 3G network with their WCDMA scheme. But Qualcom using EVDO/EVDV for evolution of the CDMA 2000 1x. There's a different and same from this 2. but the WCDMA and EVDO/EVDV have the same negative of the CDMA 2000 1x I just mention earlier. The GSM consortium choose the WCDMA because it have better erlang. it's even 2x better than CDMA 2000 1x. Other than that, I think it was a big mistake.

China TD-CDMA is the true evolution of GSM network. It's combining the good of GSM with the good of CDMA. it's a time division CDMA, thus the name is TD-CDMA. It's the evolution of Siemens UMTS.

Anyway, CDMA 2000 1x / EVDO / EVDV is death. They user have been halved from their peaked time. It's nothing to do with better/worse technology. but because the arrogant of Qualcom.

The End.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 18:35
  • uEB1
  • R

@rakesh,

I have a question.

Can you use GPS/navigation in your SE-C510 (if any) without using phone carrier (offline mode).

Because....
Nokia C5... Can!!!!

1-0

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 18:11
  • uEB1
  • U

> In reply to rakesh @ 2010-04-25 03:33 from TL5H - click to read@rakesh,

I use Symbian since Nokia 3650 and never got virus.

My secret. Only download legitimate apps. Do not download craked apps.

So, why would my phone got virus, if I only got jpeg, gif, mp4,mp3 and LEGITIMATE .SIS files?

If you got virus a lot then you must be very naughty to craked commercial apps.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 17:58
  • uEB1
  • R

anybody tell me cdma network is better than gsm but still few companys are interested in cdma. cdma also have 3.6 mbps internet speed on evdo network and it is available in india why the nokia and sony make even 1 handset which support cdma evdo network ? cdma is better than gsm i know so plz do not say gsm better if u know answer than reply otherwise not

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 17:22
  • TL5H
  • U

1st connect to internet in mobile then select umts in network setting. Same process for laptop surfing.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 16:42
  • TL5H
  • U

C5 is one of the best phones ever. it combines the simple elegant design, great sound, high speed internet.
with nice camera. those specifications are amazing when they are in a classic phone.
really good phone and I recommend it to you all.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 12:15
  • fucr
  • H

@rakash. . . . .don't get me wrong man. But i agree with Niraj here. Symbian phone is much better that java. I know bcoz i've used both. Though symbian phone has virus prob but we r using pc, aren't we? Pc got virus too. But we r using it any way. Bcoz it full fills our all demand. Yes, u r right about c510's camera and sound system. I also agree with u these points that c510 is better than c5. But in total i think c5 is better. Only bcoz of its OS. U've 2 admit that symbian is way better that java. So i'll go for c5.

  • Reply
  • 2010-04-25 10:07
  • Pxxd
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 12119 user reviews and opinions for Nokia C5.