Nokia C7 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.5
7.3
7.2

what a fantastic phone, well done Nokia! lovely design, lovely operating system, excellent features!

• 2010-11-23 23:17
  • 3J9K

C7 have same problems as N8!

• 2010-11-23 22:01
  • J5VK

i bought c7 today for 1470 dhs from dubai, its very fast and nice phone complete with fm transmiter...

• 2010-11-23 20:21
  • nCfL

Also can Nokia c7 can be upgraded to symbain 3 to symbain 4??

• 2010-11-23 18:42
  • 2@jj

Heard that in 2011 nokia smartphone will have symbain 4
Is it ture

• 2010-11-23 18:15
  • 2@jj

> In reply to sagar campli @ 2010-11-23 06:24 from ut9P - click to readnot upgraded to meego, meego is only for linux and intel device like n900.. but symbian3 is upgraded to symbian 4 and 5....

• 2010-11-23 13:32
  • t7Pi

> In reply to ginnupotter @ 2010-11-23 12:53 from 9JjZ - click to readthanks for the information. I miss many calls on my E72 while I am riding my bike and there is an incoming call. I like to keep my phone in vibration mode all the time. In fact this is one of the main reason I want to get rid of E72.

• 2010-11-23 13:04
  • 9AAX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-23 12:36 from 9AAX - click to readVibration strength is normal nothing extraordinary. however you'll notice if it rings even while riding a bike :)

• 2010-11-23 12:53
  • 9JjZ

> In reply to ginnupottter @ 2010-11-23 10:59 from 9JjZ - click to readhow is phone vibration strength?

• 2010-11-23 12:36
  • 9AAX

Also as for the loudspeaker, its not the loudest one around, but it sure is clear.

With my old N72, I could talk on loudspeaker with phone in my pocket, however with C7, it needs to be held near the ear :(

• 2010-11-23 10:59

Hi Friends,

I have been using a C7 for last 20 days. Bought it for 19000/- from Nokia Priority in East Delhi.

I was really confused between Samsung Wave S8500 and Nokia C7. I am glad I chose Nokia. In my last 20 days of use phone did hang twice and restarted 3-4 times, but overall I am very satisfied with the experience. The screen looks absolutely brilliant indoors and touch responsivity is quite good. Ovi App Store may not be as extensive as Android market, but it has all that you might need to use the phone.

Iíll simply list the good and slightly bad things about the phone:

Good:
1. Screen Resolution is great. Donít go with the specs, its more than good enough
2. Available Applications: Swype, VOIP Clients, Fring, Panorama etc.
3. Video Camera quality
4. Touch sensitivity
5. Leather case that comes with the phone
6. Lifetime Navigation license and GPS

Bad:
1. Still Camera Quality when indoor or in low light
2. Bad supplied headset and very short data cable.
3. No USG OTG or TV-Out Cable bundled
4. Internet Browser needs tweaking to make it more user friendly

All-in-all itís a great phone. As for my comparison with Samsung Wave, well Screen and UI would only amuse for few days, after that I need functionality and Nokia covers every possible one.

Cheers,
Ginnu

• 2010-11-23 10:55
  • 9JjZ

m planing to buy c7.should i wait 4 some time so that i cme to know if any problem in fon or i just buy it????? tell me any gud banda if any....

• 2010-11-23 10:35
  • t}6H

hey guys i bot nokia c7.. m wonderin if it can be upgraded to meego?? could u plz help..
and one demerit abt dis phone rit now is its hanging very often.. ppl who wanna buy it wait fa some days.. other den dat its a awesome phone.. worth fa every penny u pay..

• 2010-11-23 06:24
  • ut9P

I am on my second c7 and on day 3 and seems ok so far..i ignore any things people say on forums till i find any faults myself but freezing and restarting are true..This is ok but gone light on filling it up with mp3/vid but thats unfair its 2010 smarphone and should work..Heres touching wood fingers crossed it 26 mile round trip to get it changed.

• 2010-11-23 02:14
  • TkJ8

Engineer Man, did you receive your phone already?
Cause I'm looking forward for your speaker review, as I'm maybe going to buy the N8 and the speaker of it is the same as C7 according to Ketan.

• 2010-11-22 22:05
  • 3T9c

> In reply to Aasim @ 2010-11-20 04:01 from w4eY - click to readDont panic my friend. The N8 & C7 have some software issues. Nokia is working on producing super firmware to overcome these errors.

Symbian 3 is great, so just be patient. besides we all know that, when you buy the first release, there will be always software issues. it is always better to wait for 2-3rd release as all the software issues will be corrected.

Regards

• 2010-11-22 10:14
  • Letm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-21 09:24 from 2@jK - click to readits impossile,,,,,,,,,dat u will get the 17500rs.in all over india,,,,,,because its DP is 18998,,,,,,,,,got it dude

• 2010-11-22 10:09
  • Hkr9

> In reply to Vinz @ 2010-11-19 23:12 from srYc - click to readhi Vinz

whta the memory available in the C:drive?

thanbks

• 2010-11-22 05:33
  • IWaa

> In reply to SAGAR @ 2010-11-21 13:35 from tUsh - click to readhi Sagar

its good for u to wait n then buy C7 in the next 4-6months.

Coz:
... by then surely there'll firmware update so your phone would more stable n smooth
..the price also will be cheaper
...from various C7 forums u'll know whats the problem arised and discussed/solved and you'll know how to handle/manage your phone better

x6 is a good phone but everybody is moving to symbian 3...C7 is having a new technologies
and u shouldn't miss the boat...survey both phone in the shop surely u'll feel the diff..

cheers

• 2010-11-22 05:13
  • IWaa

> In reply to Raj @ 2010-11-19 09:52 from ibX3 - click to readhahaha you got fooled, battery is ofcourse removeable only secured by the way with a screw, card slot is available next to the sim slot.

• 2010-11-21 18:08
  • FMY8
Total of 10336 user reviews and opinions for Nokia C7.