Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3
7.3
7.4

> In reply to Abinsha Np @ 2014-12-24 16:01 from rAQ5 - click to readi m using this phone since 2011. It is great phone. Totally paisa wasool pnone.

• 2015-01-25 20:04
  • rJ9P

> In reply to m__tah @ 2015-01-24 10:42 from vG@k - click to readI also tiried to delet access point but it says unable to delet settings in use
what to do

except this problem phone is aswome

• 2015-01-24 18:44
  • Hkt}

> In reply to Sagar @ 2015-01-24 07:05 from Hkt} - click to readI don't think you can, easily. That is my biggest gripe about this phone. I've lost so much cash with phone doing that. I ended up deleting all access points and resorting to Wifi alone, which in hindsight sucks in a way.

Otherwise, I really like this phone.

• 2015-01-24 10:42
  • vG@k

Plese suggest me how can i stop packet data connection in nokia e5 it always shows e symbol and always connecting to internet please suggest me how to stop it tan qq

• 2015-01-24 07:05
  • Hkt}

will to be honest i bought the phone in 2011 and lost it but i still recommend this phone would not made having it again gues what i bought it with r3000 goood features it was worth it

• 2015-01-20 14:17
  • fj9q

> In reply to Abinsha Np @ 2014-12-24 16:01 from rAQ5 - click to readto be worthy at least spell words correctly

• 2015-01-19 21:51
  • J7Ry

Truely Nokia E5-00 Made in Korea is a great phone. I've been using it since 2011 til date with NO single issue. Have other phones but still maintains it. Right now am sending this comment using my Nokia E5-00. Am pleading to Microsoft to continue with Nokias great/wonderful gesture i.e. quality built, update to both latest & old phones @ the same time & everlasting battery life. Unlike what we experiance today e.g. where a phone battery cannot last for just two days. Till date my Nokia E5-00 battery that i bought the phone with last for 5 days of heavy usage. Had never have anything like a second battery. Also, Microsoft, PLEASE bring back the good old days of the GREAT Symbian OS. Kudos to Nokia.

• 2015-01-18 15:56
  • r3He

Thanks JohnStJohn for the tips. It was helpful. The battery was sealed in its carton
so I cant understand why the battery is not charging fully. Any idea?strange such things happen.

• 2015-01-15 21:45
  • GQNY

I am using this phone from 2010 november. But from then the phone never hang. This is very good mobile I have ever seen.
E5-00 zindabad zindabad.....

• 2015-01-15 09:17
  • PEWs

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-06 08:38 from Hkt{ - click to readwewe this phone is awesome doesn't hang

• 2015-01-14 16:26
  • rruD

awesome mobile set :D

• 2015-01-10 16:23
  • 6Q7@

> In reply to Chuck @ 2015-01-04 14:58 from U@Mg - click to readWas the spare battery sealed? if it was then the battery is defective.

If it was not sealed [means that the battery case is actually slip-in type and not sealed, then it may be that the battery was not in full charge when you bought it.

To keep your battery in top performance have it fully charge before safe keeping or setting aside.

In your case it is safe enough that you'll need to buy a new battery. In which case the one you'll buy would be absolutely full charge ready to use.

Hope this helped you.

• 2015-01-10 13:39
  • t75w

is this phone is hang?????

• 2015-01-06 08:38
  • Hkt{

the best phone i ever had.. durable, strong

• 2015-01-06 06:57
  • xuRJ

Its absolutely wonderful phone, i m using since 2009 and its doing good......i love this phone....

• 2015-01-06 06:43
  • vGMk

In March 2011 I bought a E5 00 in Kuwait and have been using the phone inNew Delhi, India on Airtel network ever since. It is a great phone, that has never missed a beat, and I am a convert to Nokia. Fearing this model may be discontinued in the near future, I bought a spare battery BL4D for the phone. Since the original battery was in good nick, I decided not to unpack the spare battery. For over a year and a half the spare battery was unpackec and in its carton. Last week I unpacked the spare battery and put it in the phone. I charged the battery for over 7 hours, yet the battery did not charge fully. I have put the battery on charge for over 7 hours, several time, yet the battery does not charge fully. The original battery ran out of grunt after a good 3 years on use.Internet browsing for over 5 a day. The original battery served me well.
Please help. What is the problem with the new battery. Why does the battery not charge fully.
Is it the battery, phone or the charger. I am taking the phone, battery and the charger to Nokia Care. If anyone out there has any clue about why the new battery does not charge fully and loses charge quickly once in use, then do please let me know. I have done everything right, so why do I have to suffer a rotten battery.

• 2015-01-04 14:58
  • U@Mg

I have a Nokia E5 00 which I bought in March 2011 in Kuwait and have been using since. I use this phone in New Delhi, India on the Airtel network. It has been over 3 years that thus phone, and the phone is great. Superb. In early 2012 I bought a spare battery BL4D at Nokia Care. This spare battery was in its carton and was not opened or used for over a yearand a half. Last month the original battery ran out of juice and I installed the spare BL4D. The old battery is now very weak and takes almost 24 hours to fully charge. Could anyone out there pleeease tell me whats happening and what I should do: Any suggestions:

The new battery was unpacked for over a year and a half, I put it in the phone last week. The Battery DOES NOT CHARGE fully. Why is this happening. The battery charge marker show a half charged battery even after a 12 hour charge Also after an hours use the battey low alert comes on..
-The original battery at least charges fully. Although the charge runs out after about an hour.
- A new battery comes with a 6 month warranty. My new battery is well past that period. Could the new battery be acting up because it was unused for over a year. Although it was packed.
- please if you have any thoughts, please let me know.
- the battery charged fully for a day, but has been acting up since. I also charged the battery for aa good 7 hours after unpacking it. i will be leaving the battery, phone and charger at Nokia Care.
Any idea, what is wrong?
Cheers
Chuck

• 2015-01-03 21:10
  • U@hK

> In reply to Rix @ 2014-12-31 14:01 from XudA - click to readThe ''BEST'' durable smartphone ever made by Nokia... Far more reliable than any symbian phone. It is a real ''TEXT BOOK TEXTER''.its immediate siblings are the great Nokia E71 and the E72 Believe me, i've used nokia n97 (packed up for sluggishness, poor trackpad responsiveness, and flex problem)...nokia n96 (very poor display for a phone with 16gb on board)...nokia E63(too dull and bulky for my liking)...ashas( 200, 202, 210 205 no diffference in features except additional changes in hardwares...jx craps.)...C3 is a great java phone too but not a smartphone. Symbian running nokia belle and anna- nokia E6 and X7 or X..something can't recall the no next to the letter( both phones av battery drainage issues even with original OEM batt.) and few android phones from tecno, htc, sony and lenovo.(i dislike the sammys).
REASONS WHY U SHOULD GET THIS BRILLIANT E5:
1. It is portable
2. Reliable
3. Battery endurance is great even with heavy browsing on 3G
4. It's cheap
5. Comfortable keyboard for the fast typist.
REASONS WHY U SHOULD NOT:
Only poor display resolution and no hot swappable microsd. However, the resolution isn't a problem to me since i'm not using to watch HD movies or watching African Magic on it( LOLZ). For the microsd, it is under the battery. Perhaps the finns think that is the best way to secure your valuable datas from memorycard theft- not sure anyway...

Info. for GSMARENA TEAM... Haven't you heard about TECNO mobile phones. Pls to the list of your mobile phones. Thnc u for the nice review of the brilliant E5.

• 2015-01-01 18:09
  • fuNc

super
i like very easy to handling

• 2015-01-01 13:59
  • YTK{

I have e5 .. After every 2 seconds it shows an icon of select enhancement .. It click ok and and cancel several times .. But again it display on screen . What should i do . To get rid of dis problem permanently . Plzzz anybody help me out .

• 2014-12-31 14:01
  • XudA
Total of 10957 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.