Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3
7.3
7.4

> In reply to Chuck @ 2015-01-04 14:58 from U@Mg - click to readWas the spare battery sealed? if it was then the battery is defective.

If it was not sealed [means that the battery case is actually slip-in type and not sealed, then it may be that the battery was not in full charge when you bought it.

To keep your battery in top performance have it fully charge before safe keeping or setting aside.

In your case it is safe enough that you'll need to buy a new battery. In which case the one you'll buy would be absolutely full charge ready to use.

Hope this helped you.

• 2015-01-10 13:39
  • t75w

is this phone is hang?????

• 2015-01-06 08:38
  • Hkt{

the best phone i ever had.. durable, strong

• 2015-01-06 06:57
  • xuRJ

Its absolutely wonderful phone, i m using since 2009 and its doing good......i love this phone....

• 2015-01-06 06:43
  • vGMk

In March 2011 I bought a E5 00 in Kuwait and have been using the phone inNew Delhi, India on Airtel network ever since. It is a great phone, that has never missed a beat, and I am a convert to Nokia. Fearing this model may be discontinued in the near future, I bought a spare battery BL4D for the phone. Since the original battery was in good nick, I decided not to unpack the spare battery. For over a year and a half the spare battery was unpackec and in its carton. Last week I unpacked the spare battery and put it in the phone. I charged the battery for over 7 hours, yet the battery did not charge fully. I have put the battery on charge for over 7 hours, several time, yet the battery does not charge fully. The original battery ran out of grunt after a good 3 years on use.Internet browsing for over 5 a day. The original battery served me well.
Please help. What is the problem with the new battery. Why does the battery not charge fully.
Is it the battery, phone or the charger. I am taking the phone, battery and the charger to Nokia Care. If anyone out there has any clue about why the new battery does not charge fully and loses charge quickly once in use, then do please let me know. I have done everything right, so why do I have to suffer a rotten battery.

• 2015-01-04 14:58
  • U@Mg

I have a Nokia E5 00 which I bought in March 2011 in Kuwait and have been using since. I use this phone in New Delhi, India on the Airtel network. It has been over 3 years that thus phone, and the phone is great. Superb. In early 2012 I bought a spare battery BL4D at Nokia Care. This spare battery was in its carton and was not opened or used for over a yearand a half. Last month the original battery ran out of juice and I installed the spare BL4D. The old battery is now very weak and takes almost 24 hours to fully charge. Could anyone out there pleeease tell me whats happening and what I should do: Any suggestions:

The new battery was unpacked for over a year and a half, I put it in the phone last week. The Battery DOES NOT CHARGE fully. Why is this happening. The battery charge marker show a half charged battery even after a 12 hour charge Also after an hours use the battey low alert comes on..
-The original battery at least charges fully. Although the charge runs out after about an hour.
- A new battery comes with a 6 month warranty. My new battery is well past that period. Could the new battery be acting up because it was unused for over a year. Although it was packed.
- please if you have any thoughts, please let me know.
- the battery charged fully for a day, but has been acting up since. I also charged the battery for aa good 7 hours after unpacking it. i will be leaving the battery, phone and charger at Nokia Care.
Any idea, what is wrong?
Cheers
Chuck

• 2015-01-03 21:10
  • U@hK

> In reply to Rix @ 2014-12-31 14:01 from XudA - click to readThe ''BEST'' durable smartphone ever made by Nokia... Far more reliable than any symbian phone. It is a real ''TEXT BOOK TEXTER''.its immediate siblings are the great Nokia E71 and the E72 Believe me, i've used nokia n97 (packed up for sluggishness, poor trackpad responsiveness, and flex problem)...nokia n96 (very poor display for a phone with 16gb on board)...nokia E63(too dull and bulky for my liking)...ashas( 200, 202, 210 205 no diffference in features except additional changes in hardwares...jx craps.)...C3 is a great java phone too but not a smartphone. Symbian running nokia belle and anna- nokia E6 and X7 or X..something can't recall the no next to the letter( both phones av battery drainage issues even with original OEM batt.) and few android phones from tecno, htc, sony and lenovo.(i dislike the sammys).
REASONS WHY U SHOULD GET THIS BRILLIANT E5:
1. It is portable
2. Reliable
3. Battery endurance is great even with heavy browsing on 3G
4. It's cheap
5. Comfortable keyboard for the fast typist.
REASONS WHY U SHOULD NOT:
Only poor display resolution and no hot swappable microsd. However, the resolution isn't a problem to me since i'm not using to watch HD movies or watching African Magic on it( LOLZ). For the microsd, it is under the battery. Perhaps the finns think that is the best way to secure your valuable datas from memorycard theft- not sure anyway...

Info. for GSMARENA TEAM... Haven't you heard about TECNO mobile phones. Pls to the list of your mobile phones. Thnc u for the nice review of the brilliant E5.

• 2015-01-01 18:09
  • fuNc

super
i like very easy to handling

• 2015-01-01 13:59
  • YTK{

I have e5 .. After every 2 seconds it shows an icon of select enhancement .. It click ok and and cancel several times .. But again it display on screen . What should i do . To get rid of dis problem permanently . Plzzz anybody help me out .

• 2014-12-31 14:01
  • XudA

it very bad set i heat it
it s poor collity display i feel china set display

i like blackberry i love it and iphone

• 2014-12-24 16:01
  • rAQ5

It is very good type of smartphone. i like it. and also high speed for internet.

• 2014-12-24 07:01
  • Hkth

> In reply to jayboy @ 2014-12-16 12:57 from NmZs - click to readdo one thing
dwnload opera mini or uc browser,all ur problem will be solve......trust me it works....

• 2014-12-18 07:03
  • w43M

uhmmm NOKIA E5, the badest phone, the best phone, even if i can say the goodest phone, i love it, its what am using, let me share u a small storry u wount belive about my nokia E5... It fell inside well, i was sad, i was even crying, but fortunatly for me i managed to drain all the water inside dat well... All i do is sundry my fone and u couldnt belive when i insert my battry i switch on the fone and it started working perfectly... Like seriously i was suprixe... I say a very big thank u to NOKIA...

• 2014-12-17 07:29
  • fuNc

> In reply to jayboy @ 2014-12-16 12:57 from NmZs - click to readGo to real player>settings>network>access point> and select your network.

• 2014-12-16 14:11
  • rKTj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-10 16:35 from 7tEK - click to readEix, dis nokia E5 isnt gud coz i have a prblm, wen i try 2 play youtube video it says connect to de server needed, den wen i click yes to connect it say connection error. So wat should i do?

• 2014-12-16 12:57
  • NmZs

i n nokia e5 youtube does not support i request to nokia company yo can launch her updates to nokia e5 those support youtube

• 2014-12-10 16:35
  • 7tEK

• 2014-12-10 16:33
  • 7tEK

Using 'The Nokia E5' since last 3.5 years & still going strongly. But may need some replacement in near future. I love physical QWERTY keypad phone. Nokia won't produce such phone again. Any suggestion? BBRY Classic will be to costly at launch.

• 2014-12-09 15:59
  • u1DP

m using dis since past 3 yrs still dont hv any problem.best phone evr made by nokia.hats of........

• 2014-12-09 10:38
  • vGA@

> In reply to mexson @ 2014-10-28 18:57 from P9sj - click to read1st, go to ur file manager nd check , 2nd, u hav to install file explorer so as to know nd delete unwanted items then o are gud to go

• 2014-12-02 05:53
  • ftVg
Total of 10966 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.