Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

13193790

7.3
7.2
7.4

About my E5-00's battery problem, here is an update. I got the phone checked by Nokia care. Turnsout the spindle charger, which took a good 5 hours to charge at the best of times, was faulty. No complaints. The charger has served me well for 3 years now. The Nokia guy said the new battery BL4D was good and that I needed a new quick charging USB charger, so the phone charged fully and quickly. I had a eureka moment and decided on using my Sony Ericsson USB charger for the Nokia E5. It worked great. The Nokia battery now charges fully and quickly. Only problem: the battery runs down in about 3 hours of internet browsing. This was not the case with the original battery. Any idea whats wrong? Should I get a new Nokia USB quick charger.

• 2015-01-31 22:07
  • KA2{

> In reply to vipul @ 2015-01-27 19:31 from Xu41 - click to readi can use whatsapp in nokia e5. It is really a superb handset. Browsing, downloading, net speed are just too good. I can dial video call with the help of its back camera. Camera flash of this set is remarkable than other set. After all, it is one of the best set of nokia indeed.

• 2015-01-31 17:03
  • fxHd

> In reply to vipul @ 2015-01-27 19:31 from Xu41 - click to readyes you can.. m using too :)

• 2015-01-29 06:51
  • 9GV}

can i use whatsapp on nokia e5 or not pls help.

• 2015-01-27 19:31
  • Xu41

Great phone, been using it a little over a year now.

I really like the qwerty keyboard, easy to type, and great for shortcuts (has a bluetooth on/off button, silence button, etc.)
My favorite bit is the music player. It's easily managable, and I can simply start typing a song name and it starts searching for it.

The only weakness is the mask - it can get ruffed up real quick, and changing it can be a pain in the arse (if you're doing it yourself).
The camera is a bit annoying - the automatic mode is always on when I turn the camera on, and for some reason it always wants to use the flash (which makes the photograph blurry, so it's useless for taking pictures, I only use it as a flashlight), so I have to turn the flash off every single time I open up the camera.

It's a great phone, don't see a reason to use a smartphone (I don't do social media that much, I do most of my browsing at home, but the phone is definitely capable of that as well), and I find the physical qwerty keyboard a lot more convenient than an on-screen smartphone keyboard.

• 2015-01-26 22:24
  • JKS0

> In reply to Abinsha Np @ 2014-12-24 16:01 from rAQ5 - click to readi m using this phone since 2011. It is great phone. Totally paisa wasool pnone.

• 2015-01-25 20:04
  • rJ9P

> In reply to m__tah @ 2015-01-24 10:42 from vG@k - click to readI also tiried to delet access point but it says unable to delet settings in use
what to do

except this problem phone is aswome

• 2015-01-24 18:44
  • Hkt}

> In reply to Sagar @ 2015-01-24 07:05 from Hkt} - click to readI don't think you can, easily. That is my biggest gripe about this phone. I've lost so much cash with phone doing that. I ended up deleting all access points and resorting to Wifi alone, which in hindsight sucks in a way.

Otherwise, I really like this phone.

• 2015-01-24 10:42
  • vG@k

Plese suggest me how can i stop packet data connection in nokia e5 it always shows e symbol and always connecting to internet please suggest me how to stop it tan qq

• 2015-01-24 07:05
  • Hkt}

will to be honest i bought the phone in 2011 and lost it but i still recommend this phone would not made having it again gues what i bought it with r3000 goood features it was worth it

• 2015-01-20 14:17
  • fj9q

> In reply to Abinsha Np @ 2014-12-24 16:01 from rAQ5 - click to readto be worthy at least spell words correctly

• 2015-01-19 21:51
  • J7Ry

Truely Nokia E5-00 Made in Korea is a great phone. I've been using it since 2011 til date with NO single issue. Have other phones but still maintains it. Right now am sending this comment using my Nokia E5-00. Am pleading to Microsoft to continue with Nokias great/wonderful gesture i.e. quality built, update to both latest & old phones @ the same time & everlasting battery life. Unlike what we experiance today e.g. where a phone battery cannot last for just two days. Till date my Nokia E5-00 battery that i bought the phone with last for 5 days of heavy usage. Had never have anything like a second battery. Also, Microsoft, PLEASE bring back the good old days of the GREAT Symbian OS. Kudos to Nokia.

• 2015-01-18 15:56
  • r3He

Thanks JohnStJohn for the tips. It was helpful. The battery was sealed in its carton
so I cant understand why the battery is not charging fully. Any idea?strange such things happen.

• 2015-01-15 21:45
  • GQNY

I am using this phone from 2010 november. But from then the phone never hang. This is very good mobile I have ever seen.
E5-00 zindabad zindabad.....

• 2015-01-15 09:17
  • PEWs

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-06 08:38 from Hkt{ - click to readwewe this phone is awesome doesn't hang

• 2015-01-14 16:26
  • rruD

awesome mobile set :D

• 2015-01-10 16:23
  • 6Q7@

> In reply to Chuck @ 2015-01-04 14:58 from U@Mg - click to readWas the spare battery sealed? if it was then the battery is defective.

If it was not sealed [means that the battery case is actually slip-in type and not sealed, then it may be that the battery was not in full charge when you bought it.

To keep your battery in top performance have it fully charge before safe keeping or setting aside.

In your case it is safe enough that you'll need to buy a new battery. In which case the one you'll buy would be absolutely full charge ready to use.

Hope this helped you.

• 2015-01-10 13:39
  • t75w

is this phone is hang?????

• 2015-01-06 08:38
  • Hkt{

the best phone i ever had.. durable, strong

• 2015-01-06 06:57
  • xuRJ

Its absolutely wonderful phone, i m using since 2009 and its doing good......i love this phone....

• 2015-01-06 06:43
  • vGMk
Total of 10982 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.