Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

12691903

7.2
7.3
7.3

I have had my phone for a few months now, i would like to know if anyone could help me as my phone doesnt not alert me by sound or vibrations anymore for when i receive a text. It is not on silent on anything and my settings are set to have a sound and vibration alert.

Can anyone help me out on what the problem might be?
It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• 2010-12-07 16:09
  • 5F{E

tell me which is the best e5 or e72

• 2010-12-07 15:31
  • Lb4a

This is excellent Phone i have ever seen. previously i used E50 and N81. Speed of E5 is better ,storage also good 250 MB Internal.It is same as E72 but price is low in comparing E72.

• 2010-12-07 10:40
  • Y}x0

Hi Dear's if you used E5 Nokia Kindly give me the Idea about set how is it completely Specification for using if any problems kindly give the best opinion like friend because I want to buy E5 Nokia. But I have not idea about this set. Thank you Friends

• 2010-12-07 09:51
  • miZm

Can somebody help me wid dis---
my Phone keeps hanging,weneva i receive a call although ive answered the call,the screen still shows as if the call is still coming thru and not answered..dunno wat to do??

• 2010-12-07 08:53
  • PUak

> In reply to shashank @ 2010-12-06 08:22 from utiM - click to readMy brand new NOKIA E5 totally corrupt within 5 days., this fone sucks.....

• 2010-12-07 08:52
  • vGVc

> In reply to ivy @ 2010-12-07 07:46 from fuZC - click to readi asked the people at nokia. i am new to damn symbian and all. (my last phone was RAZR2 V8). they said phones like this especially in e series never come back complaining about hanging up n we take care of our E series customers. bla bla bla.

what i believe is that the software is fast and fluid bang bang boom. and you can leave so many applications and things running in the background. you have to remember to close them out when u don't need them. and also use the back key instead of directly coming out of the menu deep inside. back back back.. main screen. trust me it will never hang up. hitting the red button is not good for the software and the processor.

oh btw i have activated the E5 2gb data offer (vodafone india). guys remember if you bought recently u are eligble for this offer don't forget about it. one thing i am not able to figure out is email setup. simple as it sounds nothing happens after i enter the user id and pass. i also need to define a new mailbox but it does not get created. how the nokia store dude did i can't remember but i was checking Hotmail when i was in the store the day i bought it. and i thought it was soo awesome. now i completely miss it :( . i screwed up the settings man. someone give me step by step guide plz.

• 2010-12-07 08:27

> In reply to Anurag @ 2010-12-07 07:15 from 2S}I - click to readAnurag,

Thank you for the reply.. what of the hanging problems people keep referring to here?

• 2010-12-07 07:46
  • fuZC

> In reply to Anurag @ 2010-12-07 07:15 from 2S}I - click to readThanks... what about the hanging problems??

• 2010-12-07 07:44
  • fuZC

> In reply to chaitanya @ 2010-12-05 14:02 from 2SMY - click to readthe good people at the nokia priorty store. set my email up they did hotmail for me. i screwed up my net settings and since then i cannot setup my email. i am sounding dumb but i really can't set it up. it just goes back to normal when i enter user id and pass. what has gone wrong. help me plz.

i am using vodafone(india) and they said they are yet to launch 3g. #@$%@#,lolz

i am not able to figure out navigation. i am new at this, it just says waiting for GPS and nothing happens. u really need 3g for navi?? or it works on GPRS too.

• 2010-12-07 07:23
  • 2S}I

> In reply to ivy @ 2010-12-07 06:34 from fuZC - click to read my friend has E63.
1) the visual effect in terms of tweaks in software is much better in E5.2) E5 build quality is a notch above.3) E63 looks dated and old now. 4) E5 keyboard is better(they are similar but its my opinion)5) E5 battery life is seriously more than E63. E5 has more internal memory and faster processor memory. 5mp camera is awesome. if you wanna save a few bucks you can still get E63 but E5 sounds like a wicked bargain to me. i was gonna buy the E72 i think i just saved like 6700 Rs. and bought a better phone overall.

• 2010-12-07 07:15
  • 2S}I

> In reply to teco @ 2010-12-06 14:41 from NhSi - click to read yeah i just did that. i was so dissapointed with camera before now it works like a charm. thank for your advise. man how stupid i am not to remove that damn sticker :D. thx man!

short owners review. 1) awesome battery life i have been calling, texting, using gprs(waiting for 3g in vodafone). everything works fine, it never hangs. its very fluid and fast. i was disspointed with camera but removed the damn sticker now its working excellently. guys the cam in not autofocus but its EDOF full focus cam. which is a new technology and its not as bad as its sounds. you can take photos quickly and everything stays in focus. its very good for everyday use. i am never going to check mail on my desktop. its very easy to setup all email clients and even IM. if you ask me the one thing you like on this phone is the battery life. its been 4th day today i haven't charged this phone.(i am using battery save mode fyi). but i have used the phone extensively.

• 2010-12-07 07:09

Hey guys,
Of the E63 and E5 handsets which offers better service in terms of business capabilities? i am confused on which one to purchase.

Kindly assist.

• 2010-12-07 06:34
  • fuZC

This phone is the best the best I say the best wow I am glad I bought this wow

• 2010-12-07 02:07
  • uW5N

> In reply to shashank @ 2010-12-06 08:22 from utiM - click to readnice phone....

• 2010-12-06 16:58
  • 04WL

To avoid the cloudy photo while using flash , remove the lens sticker

• 2010-12-06 14:41
  • NhSi

> In reply to chaitanya @ 2010-12-05 14:02 from 2SMY - click to readdownload the opera mini and open through that.

• 2010-12-06 13:53
  • 2S@k

> In reply to chaitanya @ 2010-12-05 14:02 from 2SMY - click to readtry configuring ur gmail early in the morning..the server is less busy that time.but u'll have to re-configure it every 3-4 days,dunno some problem wid the phone or gmail.i do it early morning and it gets hru otherwise i also keep facing the same problem as urs.

• 2010-12-06 12:02

USELESS PHONE..
1)Camera quality mediocre
2)Keeps hanging,weneva i receive a call although ive answered the call,the screen still shows as if the call is still coming thru and not answered.
3)GMAIL takes ages to configure and keeps getting reset every 3-4 days,have to configure it all over again.
4)Processor time ok sorts.

Not a very gud buy i must say.

• 2010-12-06 11:57
  • PUak

guys... please answer ..does its d-pad chrome peels off after months/ years like the e71? coz i think it detracts from the overall design. thank you

• 2010-12-06 11:50
  • UD%t
Total of 10855 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.