Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.2
7.3
7.3

bought this handset yesterday.all i can say is this phone is awesome.the best thing is the battery life.sounds good,camera also good but then u have to make adjustment for a particular shooting environment.
and the drawback: one have to purchase carrying case for retailer, which in my case is not yet available.
go for it.worth your money.thanks.
email: ngaihomasailo@gmail.com

• 2010-12-04 08:46
  • vwmk

> In reply to Adrian Fernandes @ 2010-12-03 13:40 from vbT9 - click to readNo internet needed for GPS. It's a map software installed at no additional charge

• 2010-12-04 03:49
  • 4EJ7

> In reply to Adrian Fernandes @ 2010-12-03 13:40 from vbT9 - click to readinternet required.....but map is free.....no need to purchase...

• 2010-12-04 03:32
  • s8hb

> In reply to Jana @ 2010-12-03 20:58 from 0BkH - click to readDear Jana,

I am having the same problem and I still havent figured out a way of fixing it. Should you manage to do so, please reply to this message.

Many thanks.

G.

• 2010-12-04 00:48
  • nXV5

> In reply to daman @ 2010-12-03 08:01 from upad - click to readUsing this fone for a month now. Camera is not upto the mark (5 MP). The flash next to the lens distorts images as the light comes on the lens. W/o Lens it is still fine... Zoom - not very effective.
Speaker sound is ok... in noisy environment it will be very less audible.

• 2010-12-03 22:40
  • 2xgJ

I am using this from last 3 days, having problem to set the mailbox even though i have high speed internet package from vodaphone.

• 2010-12-03 21:14
  • jTcj

Recently bought Nokia E5 and I have question about that little contact line on `desktop`, I uploaded pictures and added there my `call every day friends`, but the problem is that, when they call - it does not show picture and even contact name, there is only telephone number! And the same with outgoing calls! Why so?

P.s. sorry for my english, hope you understood the question! :)

• 2010-12-03 20:58
  • 0BkH

I am getting the E5 real soon. My question is if there is any update or symbian download i can get to enable Geotagging for the camera?

• 2010-12-03 20:24
  • kWTE

Not a good phone. totally rejected. if you like nokia buy nokia E71 or E72.

• 2010-12-03 19:56
  • 2Tw3

been using this handset for a month now, and i'd say i really love this phone.I dont even have to look for wifi because the internet is fast even just by using cellular network. I love the facebook apps. i just have one issue that i'm having a hard time to figure out, the Mail for Exchange isn't working when i'm trying to configure my gmail account. either i will get "unable to complete command" when trying to create an email when i use the default port OR it will NOT sync if use the normal ports 587 or 465. there are separate icons for gmail, yahoo and ovi but all i ever get to work is the OVI mail when i downloaded the installer wizard from OVI store. whenever i select the gmail and yahoo icons it will only say checking for available settings and it will disappear and wont do anything. ugh! This issue aside, i really love the phone.

• 2010-12-03 18:24
  • BwWV

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-12-03 13:15 from UD%1 - click to readcamera is not so gud.as mention 5 mega pixel.

• 2010-12-03 15:46
  • t@Jj

Nokia have produced a great set here, I have been testing the battery and with everyday use meaning txt and calls and not using any features I have managed to get it to last 2 weeks and 3 days that's great for me. The qwerty keypad is very tactile and has performed to prefection for me. Only downer for me is the fixed focus on the cam but it will take reasonable shots so if your not a real big snapper then this should not be an issue. Internet very fast I have tried the Opera and that is slightly quicker but internet use is very easy and up to scratch. The symbian interface is a little outdated but is so easy to navigate which works for me I have tried Android and found this was not for me. The handset is built very strong and feels solid in the hand, would of been nice to incorporate more metal as on the E71-72 models but I think this is why there is a reflection in the price altho the battery cover is metal and is nice. Another thing I would of liked them to of included the optical trackball but we can't have it all.

• 2010-12-03 15:36
  • nExv

it does not need an internet, it is autonomous.
you can download maps from official site and use it without interner.
you will have a life time free ovi maps licence.

• 2010-12-03 14:53
  • HDxq

> In reply to chomp @ 2010-12-03 13:58 from nExv - click to readquite did not understand your answer "no it does not"
1 Does not require Internet for GPS
2 Does not have free OVI maps
this is what i can make of the prv ans

• 2010-12-03 14:20
  • vbT9

Guys can someone throw some more light on the GPS does it need internet access to get directions (i know i sound dumb but i am very bad with new tech) and this mobile has ovi maps does it need to be purchased or is it free

• 2010-12-03 13:40
  • vbT9

> In reply to farhan @ 2010-12-03 11:00 from 2SEd - click to readyes....please, anybody....me too.....

• 2010-12-03 13:15
  • UD%1

> In reply to daman @ 2010-12-03 08:01 from upad - click to readCamera quality is not that good as compare to Samsung/ Sony. Samsung 3.2 mp quality is better than E5 5 MP. But otherwise mobile is very good.

• 2010-12-03 12:05
  • j9xJ

> In reply to Kannan @ 2010-12-03 07:46 from MfxH - click to readya also i need that answer

• 2010-12-03 11:00
  • 2SEd

Hi all...its 1 month nw that m using E5..i think its a gr8 phone with lots of features in an affordable price...for a first tym qwerty keypad user lyk me,its very comfortable to use...but if u r lukin for a phone with a gud camera,then u'll be disappointed...though the phne has a 5MP cam with a flash,but the picture quality is not so very good...n when u use a flash then its even worse..the Email,gtalk and facebook features are damn gud n easy to use....

• 2010-12-03 10:36
  • PTic
Total of 10807 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.