Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3
7.3
7.4

help2.funny things,i dunno how to use the 3g.when i make a video call,i couldn't c the other person face coz d camera is @ the back.anybody knows how actually is it work????

• 2010-11-25 10:47
  • v3CD

Loving the phone. About Music, I admit the earphones supplied with the phone don't deliver a great music experience but i bought other earphones and music sounds really great. The best thing in my opinion about the phone is how fast it is. Browsing is great even with 3rd party applications like Bolt and opera mini.

• 2010-11-25 08:21
  • N7$q

> In reply to julie @ 2010-11-24 18:11 from HDBB - click to readWhere you've seen latest version as 042.010? I checked using OVI suite, it shows current version as 042.007 and also shows there is no update available.

• 2010-11-25 08:02
  • ut76

i plan to buy this phone..can u guys adv me this phone is good or not compare to nokia c3?

• 2010-11-25 07:53
  • PA8x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-24 11:02 from N7$q - click to readI think E63 looks uglier than E5... in my own opinion...

• 2010-11-25 06:19
  • DQn2

I owned my first E5 a month ago... It was a great phone and I loved it. However it somehow broke down (dead) on me 3 times (spent 3 times in service centre to fix the HW). I think I bought a lemon unfortunately. I still love this phone model.

I ended up traded in for a N8 last week...

After using N8 for 1 week, the OS is so buggy. I would consider it as a Beta OS... I had given up my N8 and purchased a new E5. Loving it since then...

• 2010-11-25 06:18
  • DQn2

> In reply to Kedar @ 2010-11-24 09:20 from PSL6 - click to readif it restarts.. just do *#7370#.. back up b4 doing it.

• 2010-11-25 05:18
  • PUhW

> In reply to julie @ 2010-11-24 18:20 from HDBB - click to readjulie to turn off the start up tune just go to ctrl panel> setting> general > personalisation > tones > warning tones (off)

• 2010-11-25 03:53
  • w0QN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-24 08:46 from FXea - click to readi have to agree, mp3 isnt good. i dont feel the music im listening to. id prefer using the mp3 of a clone cellphone!!! my gosh! i regretted buying it from globe plans and im locked in for 2years!!! BS!

• 2010-11-25 03:31
  • v0qT

am 4rm nigeria d camera who b beta if it av xenon flash, d keypad look fragile.but al d same its a nice phone

• 2010-11-24 22:13
  • ftVi

There is 1 thing i can't find on the phone, its how to turn of the start up tune of nokia?? if any1 knows wud b grateful. Thanks

• 2010-11-24 18:20
  • HDBB

> In reply to Kedar @ 2010-11-24 09:20 from PSL6 - click to readGet a virus protector if your using the internet, there are still bugs, viruses in mobile phones. Get netquin which is free & if you want to update its £10 for a year to use with all updates etc.

• 2010-11-24 18:14
  • HDBB

I bet all the people complaining about the phone freezing, turning off have never updated there phone to the latest software which is 042.010, you can see what your software is by going into control panel, data mgr, device mgr.

• 2010-11-24 18:11
  • HDBB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-24 16:12 from 3xAW - click to readUpdate the software via the nokia software updater which is free to download from the nokia site.

• 2010-11-24 18:06
  • HDBB

i brought this phone on 5 nov, the problem it hangs any time, sometimes when I call the ring is not going and many times people calls me and says that my phone was switch off, but it is on and with full network - i think i have messed up by spending money on this phone I could have taken another good phone in this amount.

• 2010-11-24 16:12
  • 3xAW

Oh, and a good thing with the E5 is that you can change font size. U can either change the font size in Menu -> Control Panel -> Settings -> General -> Personalization -> Display -> Font size or in (u will love this one)Menu -> Applications -> Font Magnifier. The font Magnifier does wonders. I set mine to 90% and i love the new look of the font.

• 2010-11-24 13:55
  • N7$q

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-11-22 14:15 from fuZC - click to readYes It's a great phone to start when comparing with E72
only thing you never get is secondary camera. but you get twise of Ram (very important for fast progrgramme response)

• 2010-11-24 13:41
  • w9LJ

E5 is a great phone...
I brought it 3 days a go until now its working great...
I personally recommend this phone to any body who looking for a Nokia low budget smart phone...

• 2010-11-24 13:32
  • w9LJ

> In reply to narendra from jaipur @ 2010-11-24 10:15 from TL5H - click to readDid you purchase this phone from NPD ? Very Disturbing reports. I was very much enthusiastic
about purchasing this phone

• 2010-11-24 13:21
  • vGHk

Having owned both the Nokia E63 and E5 I can make comparisons between the two. E63 looks good and has a better screen display but it is slow in terms of software operation. The E5 screen display is not all that good but it is fast and efficient software wise. So it depends on what u r looking for. If u want a device that works fast and efficiently then go for the E5. If u want good hardware looks then go for the E63.

• 2010-11-24 11:02
  • N7$q
Total of 10889 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.