Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3
7.2
7.4

im planning to buy..e5..any one who is using...plssssss tell me d camera clarity and..is it strucking when we use more applications?how r miling options n attachments in E5....should i go for e5 ore71..plssssreply asap..as i have to buy in 2 days..any one help me out..

• 2010-10-27 20:12
  • vIda

Can it be matched with E72? I had decided on E72, but after seeing E5, I feel like going for it. Any major + / - as the difference is around 6.5K

• 2010-10-27 18:27
  • tT7y

its a great mobile,bought it a week back in kolkata fom nokia priority store..it took me 11.5K.
a worthwhile investment,i must say....
comapring its performance with its contemporary e71 i felt that e5 is pretty good.i mean not everybody uses or will us video calling in near future.its camera i must say is way more than just good in bright daylight,in low light its efficiency runs low..bt still gives a very good picture.its 600mhz processor makes the phone run pretty fast ...with a decent Internet connection am sure anybody will know what this e5 offers u in that price.i guess its price will vary around 11K in around the city.whatever u pay,its still a very good deal in that price...i have seen people using e63,e71,n some touchscreen mobile..and still i do admit this e5 packs in a whole lot of things underneath its simple look!
its battery is very good....
softwares are also updated n you will gt the option of online update too..

havent come across any bad feature..will inform u guys if i come across one.

• 2010-10-27 18:08
  • 2SUP

How b0ut the vide0 call? Did we can see the caller face and vice versa? Help me pls!

• 2010-10-27 17:22
  • tV0c

Looks good.

• 2010-10-27 16:11
  • tV3@

hey guys what is firmware? tnxs.

• 2010-10-27 15:01
  • 3Y1@

All problems comes with e5 are just lack of knowledge, it is a great smart phone but u have to smart too.

• 2010-10-27 14:49
  • utxN

Hey How is This Phone? Is there any Problem Regarding anything in the sense in specification, battery backup, Camera etc .. etc...
Please ans. me So that I can Buy This Mob. !!! Reply Soon. !!!

• 2010-10-27 14:06
  • v{W3

Thanks Martin for the advice.The prolem was I had reached the maximum messages in my sim.I deleted some sms from my sim.Now its ok.
If we are using the Wireless Internet (WIFI) should I get a virus guard?If so what is good?

• 2010-10-27 13:12
  • Mf5J

i saw this phone and liked it right away... im planning to get one... what do u say??

• 2010-10-27 11:50
  • KFNi

• 2010-10-27 11:50
  • KFNi

> In reply to zackrazali @ 2010-09-17 14:29 from tZ09 - click to readHi Bro,i got the e5 from USA not India.

• 2010-10-27 10:18
  • tE$G

> In reply to Ankit @ 2010-10-26 17:43 from s8c@ - click to readno ankit its not normal coz i got my e5 back in Sept form the US and i have not faced any prob as such.Get it checked frm the service center.Whn u connect it to the comp/lap the only display u will get r the 4 options of pc suite,mass storage etc askin u to choose frm

• 2010-10-27 10:12
  • tE$G

> In reply to Rishanka @ 2010-10-27 08:08 from Mf5J - click to readHi,the problem is coz whn u insert your sim most probably u get the new gprs setting bt default and the moment u accept it the icon goes off.I guess thtz the case coz the same happend with me tooo.

• 2010-10-27 10:10
  • tE$G

> In reply to Rishanka @ 2010-10-27 08:08 from Mf5J - click to readIF msg light is blinking...

Open Menu>messages>options>sim messages>and delete those or move to phone memory.

• 2010-10-27 10:10
  • vGku

Update your firmware!

• 2010-10-27 10:03
  • vGku

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-27 05:49 from utPA - click to readThe message issue here is somewhat strange. The envelope indicator should only indicate an non-read SMS. Try to re-start the phone. I have seen it before and typical it goes away after some time...
The display uses an Ambient Light Sensor on the front to adjust the display light according to the ambient light. So if you tend to cover it with your finger, etc. the display will change brightness.

• 2010-10-27 08:59

> In reply to Rishanka @ 2010-10-27 08:08 from Mf5J - click to readHi Rishanka,

The blinking envelope symbol mean you have an message you did not read yet. It takes thousand of SMS's to fill it up so this is rarly a problem. So try to check you inbox for SMS messages.

• 2010-10-27 08:56

> In reply to Kumar_551 @ 2010-10-26 15:58 from PA}g - click to readHi Kumar
C6-00 has a beter auto-focus camera than E5. E5 use a so called FullFocus camera. It uses fancy post-processing to do focus, so much better than fixed-focus but can not focus as close as auto-focus. On the other hand E5 will focus extremly fast as there is no pre-focus. C6-00 will also be somewhat beter in low-light conditions.

Yes yuo can install new applications and themse (OVI store, etc.). However, C6-00 and E5 has different screen resoultions so the choice might not be the same.

Sound quality is excelent. So the test here on GSM arena. Battery-time is fine, but all depends on if you install all kind of applications that urns off power. Video calling only workd with main camera so no secondary camera as you would normaly have for video call. SW is pretty stable.

• 2010-10-27 08:54
  • Ia8A

I have been using the E5 for 2 days.And since I inserted my sim there is an envelope blinking at the bottom of ythe screen.When I remove the sim it stops.My message box (inbox,outbox,sent items) are not full.

Why is this?

• 2010-10-27 08:08
  • Mf5J
Total of 10990 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.