Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3
7.3
7.4

> In reply to Andy @ 2010-10-09 16:25 from w0Q5 - click to readYeah, it's 10,990PhP in both SM Cubao and SM Marikina branches. Even the E71 is 10,990PhP. Thinking of buying me another E71 before Nokia stops manufacturing it. E71 is such a nice phone. What makes me wanna buy E5 is the RAM. I wanna see how snappy it can be.

You might wanna try 5th Ave. They sell it at 13200.
Mega Cellular sells it at 13500. Rest of the Pack(other than the overpricing Nokia shops) have it at 13800. I asked the Nokia reps in these non flagship Nokia stores when the next markdown will be. They said wait for one or two months and perhaps it will mark down( as per their experience, and not an insider info ).

• 2010-10-09 17:38
  • t7J0

> In reply to momoro @ 2010-10-09 15:33 from t7J0 - click to readReally? 10,900? With Nokia warranty?

I think I'll go for 13500. It's not that suspecting.

• 2010-10-09 16:25
  • w0Q5

Price ranges to 14k to 15k in PH.
I can't believe they overpriced the Unit.

I thought, the estimated price would range around 11-12k.

What the hell happened!

• 2010-10-09 16:18
  • w0Q5

I like mail for exchange. It's useful and I've a pretty good experience on my E71

what's keeping me from buying this phone is

1.Screen. And no not the 262k colors, I've learned to accept that since blackberrys mostly have 65k but the PLASTIC covering the LCD is such a dealbreaker. Common NOKIA, plastic scratches easily and my E71 has glass. Do you have to scrimp on the LCD cover? Screen protector takes the fun away.

2. Fixed focus. What i like about my E71 despite the poor camera is its ability to capture pictures of documents via MACRO shot. E5 doesn't have this.

3.Keyboard. I've actually used an actual model(not the dummy ones) when I was checking it out on a store but all the E5s I had the saleslady show me(all 4 of them) had poor key TRAVEL. Unlike the E71 whose keypad travels deeper, E5's keypad travels a little short. This is one thing the reviewers haven't talked about. I only saw one review discussing this point and it's true. Keypad travel is less compared to E71 and E72. Sure the keys are bigger and it's clicky but the travel is horribly short.

• 2010-10-09 15:44
  • t7J0

does it have poor quality when it comes to its camera? please answer.

• 2010-10-09 15:37
  • t78b

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-08 15:06 from P@1G - click to readthe cheapest Nokia E5 is on Citylight telecom centre
They are selling it for 10,990.

It's not some kiosk in a secluded mall. There is one in SM Cubao, SM Marikina. They rent premium space so I guess that takes care of the worry of them being some fly by night merchandiser.

There are other branches but I haven't checked em out.
I'm planning to buy too because of the RAM upgrade. Don't buy just yet. 14.950?! Nokia is fooling the first few buyers in the first two mos. Come December it should go down to 12k. On some stores like 5th ave, MEGA cellular, they are selling it at 13200 and 13500 respectively.

• 2010-10-09 15:33
  • t7J0

> In reply to ak @ 2010-10-09 04:06 from utRn - click to readLOLWUT??? 3G basically not for video calling, but broadband/internet speed. I use my 3.5G phone for internet, but never for video calling. Get it?

• 2010-10-09 15:28
  • UDNe

which one is good to buy e72 or e5 please buddy help......

• 2010-10-09 13:07
  • P%C4

> In reply to [deleted post]i think i shud reframe my question as some of high minded,extraordinary intelligent geeks here thinks that they own nokia inc... blaaaaah....i dunno what to say man if u think video call is the least used feature of 3G handsets.. grow up kid..

• 2010-10-09 12:36
  • utRj

can we turn off the camera shutter sound?

• 2010-10-09 09:19
  • Mf5A

ok.. to many reviews.some are bad.some are good.. good we all know.. i wud request all the owners to give us all the bads.. negatives of this phone.. short n precise.. ya.. also about the video call.. if u can't make a video call from this phone.. what's the use of 3g then..???

• 2010-10-09 04:06
  • utRn

> In reply to tweety @ 2010-10-04 10:55 from PGHh - click to readBuddy,if da cam is blurred then any settings not gonna change the quality.a friend of mine got n79 (5mp carl z)but pic taken wid flash is terrible.nokia is providin crappy camera in most of their products.cmon nokia stop cheating people.will ya?

• 2010-10-08 21:52
  • bJhv

> In reply to Kaushik (Calcutta, I @ 2010-10-07 07:15 from TL5j - click to readHello kaushik u get 7mbps speed on this phone from bsnl 3g? iam using bsnl 3g data card geting hardly 500kbps speed in nite with full tower signal and in morning some time goes to 1mbps..so if i buy this phone can i get this speed that u says? iam from Durgapur

• 2010-10-08 18:52
  • TL5j

> In reply to theepan @ 2010-10-07 20:08 from v{u4 - click to readyes skype,nimbuzz

• 2010-10-08 16:57
  • 3Ycj

> In reply to ak @ 2010-10-08 15:57 from utR4 - click to readfixed focus camera gives bad results particularly in macro mod. rest is more or less same

• 2010-10-08 16:12
  • ut$T

Problem comes when we creats a broad band short cut on our desk top and enter user id and password in that and not in wifi modem settind

• 2010-10-08 16:08
  • ut$T

> In reply to eddy @ 2010-10-07 19:40 from IVx4 - click to readeddy there r 2 ways to connent the wifi
1. Enter your ip user id and password in wifi connection setting in your fone
2. Enter ip user id & password in your modem setting instead of making a connection on desktop.

• 2010-10-08 16:05
  • ut$T

i am getting this phone at Rs 11,000... without negotiation.. after some discussion he will land up giving me at 10,500.. just wanna ask about camera??? does the absence of autofocus affect the picture quality drastically?

• 2010-10-08 15:57
  • utR4

> In reply to theepan @ 2010-10-07 20:08 from v{u4 - click to readyes why not?you have to config on your 4n

• 2010-10-08 15:35
  • PWDw

Nokia E5 is too expensive here in the Philippines!

Nokia Philippines just recently announced it and will be launched to all Nokia Stores nationwide next week with a suggested retail price of 14,950 php.

This phone must be priced at least 10k to 12k pesos since it's already old.

I hope that my money will not be wasted with this too obsolete phone.

Good luck to me!
I hope that i will not regret when i purchase this smartphone.

Do nokia dropped the price of their devices every yuletide season? How much?

I need your reply my fellow Filipinos.

Salamat..

• 2010-10-08 15:06
  • P@1G
Total of 10901 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.