Nokia E5 - user opinions and reviews

7.3
7.3
7.4

Friends,

Purchased E5 two days back…Great phone!

I have two questions for which I need your help:

1) I have more than 400 songs and would like to create playlist (not from the handset as It is tedious to add from 400 mp3 files) from my laptop and then transfer the playlist file to handset. Can I?

2) The Handset came with 2GB card. I have a spare 4GB card from my earlier phone which I am plng to use in E5. How can I transfer the contents that came with the handset of the 2GB card to 4GB card

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Niks

• 2010-10-11 08:48
  • w4qW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-04 11:08 from vIqc - click to readRemove the Lens protective film and try. The smoke effect goes away.

• 2010-10-10 18:35
  • ut92

> In reply to Gaurav Dhawan @ 2010-10-07 20:47 from vIbV - click to readI want to buy.what you price offer.let me infromed

• 2010-10-10 15:54
  • vbfM

Does This Phone Has a Threaded View ... In Texting ???

Something like Coversations

• 2010-10-10 15:49
  • ut28

Such Nokia pricing policy leaves a bad taste in the mouth. If they can sell it cheaper in India & Hong Kong, what's keeping them from selling it here at a comparable price?

• 2010-10-10 14:36
  • wYIg

Hi Guys...
Gr8 to see your comments here
How we can change resolution?

• 2010-10-10 11:59
  • IaH7

> In reply to Gaurav Dhawan @ 2010-10-07 20:47 from vIbV - click to readthanks dude,

bought from them on cash on delievery base.

• 2010-10-10 11:25
  • 2@1c

1st factoy set ur phone ... and start browsing ... it works enjoy

• 2010-10-10 05:48
  • uta4

> In reply to Andrea @ 2010-10-09 16:18 from w0Q5 - click to readYes, you're right!
Nokia Philippines overpriced this phone.

What are they thinking about the Filipinos?

They may think that we are rich people!

Nokia E5 is very cheap in European countries and some parts of Southeast Asia. Even in India, the price of this phone is very low.

How come that this phone is very expensive in the Philippines?

Come on Nokia! We are waiting for this phone for six months because we are expecting that it is cheap (as what the foreign reviewers and nokia executive said) and then it ends into this very money-hungry price?

Well good luck Nokia for your imminent downfall.

Oh! I forgot, this is a Symbian operated phone. Did you know that Symbian is outdated and evaded by Samsung and Sony Ericsson?

Ya, you read it right! Despite of that situation, they keep on selling Symbian phones with high price!

It's better to buy a netbook than this phone! It is more advanced than Nokia E5.

• 2010-10-10 03:16
  • P@1G

> In reply to sum_it @ 2010-10-09 18:45 from 2@gv - click to readsum_it said:
"The broad steel console separating the screen and keypad, somewhat disappoints on the style aspect"
-----------
Agreed! Very ugly.

• 2010-10-10 02:02
  • w6kY

> In reply to Sushi @ 2010-10-08 08:58 from t}f1 - click to readSushi said:
"...the sunlight legibility is awful..."
----------
All the other reviews of this phone that I've seen on the web say sunlight legibility is very bad compared to other Nokia phones with a transflective screen. All of them agree except this website. I don't know what the reviewer(s) was thinking here when they said, "Better yet, sunlight legibility won’t let you down either."

Sunlight visibility is not even mentioned under "Main Disadvantages" in the review, either.

Very strange since every other review I've read disagrees.

• 2010-10-10 01:59
  • w6kY

I bought the phone yesterday, and must say that i am satisfied with my investment. I am not very tenured smartphone user nor am i technically sound, but here is my assessment

The pros:
+ Affordable price
+ Sturdy build
+ Fast and seamless operation (does not hang)
+ very good sound quality
+ lot of applications for variety of needs
+ so many connectivity options give you tremendous flexibility
+ can also be charged through USB port (i don't know if it takes longer though)

Cons:
+ The 5 mp camera is disappointing, especially if you are used to clicking by digital cameras
+ No games
+ They don't give a carry case or a pouch
+ The broad steel console separating the screen and keypad, somewhat disappoints on the style aspect

• 2010-10-09 18:45
  • 2@gv

I just hope that the GPS receiver on this phone will be quite snappy.

The E71 GPS is such a downer. The 5230s and the 5800s lock GPS signal way way better than my E71.

It could either be a poor GPS chip or the metal body or a combination of both in E71. 5230 and 5800 are pure plastic which makes locking signal quite easy.

With E5, I hope the plastic body also means quicker GPS signal lockdown. It annoys me that my E71 is so high end with its GPS but I've only used it less than ten times in the two years I owned it.

• 2010-10-09 17:52
  • t7J0

> In reply to Andy @ 2010-10-09 16:25 from w0Q5 - click to readYes with Nokia warranty. They have the store warranty 1 year and Nokia Care warranty ( box sticker ) 1 year also. I don't so much care about the store warranty cause I wouldn't trust their personnel to repair my phone when Nokia can repair it. Frankly, I don't understand the store warranty for repairs....Store warranty for unit replacement I dig, but for repairs when you can have it at Nokia Care? You'll almost always certainly choose Nokia Care.

Check them out. Perhaps if I get a chance to further interview the salesperson who is quite snobbish perhaps because they know they have the lowest Market Price then maybe I'd get sold buying one on them.

Even their Motorola droid which sells for 19990 in Memo Express is only 17000 PhP in their store.

• 2010-10-09 17:44
  • t7J0

> In reply to Andy @ 2010-10-09 16:25 from w0Q5 - click to readYeah, it's 10,990PhP in both SM Cubao and SM Marikina branches. Even the E71 is 10,990PhP. Thinking of buying me another E71 before Nokia stops manufacturing it. E71 is such a nice phone. What makes me wanna buy E5 is the RAM. I wanna see how snappy it can be.

You might wanna try 5th Ave. They sell it at 13200.
Mega Cellular sells it at 13500. Rest of the Pack(other than the overpricing Nokia shops) have it at 13800. I asked the Nokia reps in these non flagship Nokia stores when the next markdown will be. They said wait for one or two months and perhaps it will mark down( as per their experience, and not an insider info ).

• 2010-10-09 17:38
  • t7J0

> In reply to momoro @ 2010-10-09 15:33 from t7J0 - click to readReally? 10,900? With Nokia warranty?

I think I'll go for 13500. It's not that suspecting.

• 2010-10-09 16:25
  • w0Q5

Price ranges to 14k to 15k in PH.
I can't believe they overpriced the Unit.

I thought, the estimated price would range around 11-12k.

What the hell happened!

• 2010-10-09 16:18
  • w0Q5

I like mail for exchange. It's useful and I've a pretty good experience on my E71

what's keeping me from buying this phone is

1.Screen. And no not the 262k colors, I've learned to accept that since blackberrys mostly have 65k but the PLASTIC covering the LCD is such a dealbreaker. Common NOKIA, plastic scratches easily and my E71 has glass. Do you have to scrimp on the LCD cover? Screen protector takes the fun away.

2. Fixed focus. What i like about my E71 despite the poor camera is its ability to capture pictures of documents via MACRO shot. E5 doesn't have this.

3.Keyboard. I've actually used an actual model(not the dummy ones) when I was checking it out on a store but all the E5s I had the saleslady show me(all 4 of them) had poor key TRAVEL. Unlike the E71 whose keypad travels deeper, E5's keypad travels a little short. This is one thing the reviewers haven't talked about. I only saw one review discussing this point and it's true. Keypad travel is less compared to E71 and E72. Sure the keys are bigger and it's clicky but the travel is horribly short.

• 2010-10-09 15:44
  • t7J0

does it have poor quality when it comes to its camera? please answer.

• 2010-10-09 15:37
  • t78b

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-10-08 15:06 from P@1G - click to readthe cheapest Nokia E5 is on Citylight telecom centre
They are selling it for 10,990.

It's not some kiosk in a secluded mall. There is one in SM Cubao, SM Marikina. They rent premium space so I guess that takes care of the worry of them being some fly by night merchandiser.

There are other branches but I haven't checked em out.
I'm planning to buy too because of the RAM upgrade. Don't buy just yet. 14.950?! Nokia is fooling the first few buyers in the first two mos. Come December it should go down to 12k. On some stores like 5th ave, MEGA cellular, they are selling it at 13200 and 13500 respectively.

• 2010-10-09 15:33
  • t7J0
Total of 10915 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E5.