Nokia E51 camera-free - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

6.7
6.8
6.8

Bought this E51 non camera at below US$20 a week ago just to try out for fun. Reason I bought this phone was because it's Symbian OS, cool looking metal casing, and at such a low price who wouldn't want to try it out.

First thing I noticed was the rubber buttons at both sides and the power switch starting to peel off very badly, so bad that the whole button simply disappeared, but still usable. Most likely due to aging process.

Battery life fairly short, about 2 days max. Can't complaint much because it's quite normal for such an old phone.

Display is quite clear with adjustable brightness. On top of the left side above the screen there is a white Led light which I not quite sure what's that for. It only lite up when I switched on the phone.

Quite easy to open up the back casing for changing battery or sim card, unlike the Nokia phone today, so difficult to open.

I tried most of the functions, and they work fine except for the calendar, somehow it's jam. Even after resetting the phone, the calendar doesn't work. Also, it's not easy to find working symbian apps and games for this phone, even if I found some cool apps to download, most of the time it doesn't work, or expired certificate.

The key pad buttons seems to be a bit tiny for me, always end up pressing the wrong button, especially both top left and right menu buttons.

Speed of this phone is quite reasonably fast compared to my other new low end candy bar model eg. Nokia 206.

Because of the metal casing, the phone heats up pretty fast while charging. Best is put it somewhere cool while charging, eg. on the floor.

Can be quite annoying if you use an expired sim card, which I normally use for testing phone. It will prompt you every 10 seconds that the sim card registration failed.

Okay, I think that's about it. My final say about this phone is it's still quite an interesting phone to experiment with. Made by Nokia, and not Microsoft which gives me that classic user friendly feel. Buy it only if it's cheap.

• 2015-03-08 03:03
  • KSEB

Dear Sir,

I want to buy Nokia E51 W/O Camera, New or Old. So plz reply me if available.

Sameer

• 2014-11-06 13:09
  • 0nt0

Reseles non Camer Phone pleae one new model

phone With tich phones without camer

• 2014-10-10 07:27
  • vGXB

> In reply to Sudeep @ 2010-06-07 05:13 from vbRb - click to readhi did you find this phone... or have you got anyother better option in non camera model

• 2014-10-09 12:12
  • XNx{

I need this mobile without camera E51.please send me the price and how can I get this mobile

• 2014-08-21 16:54
  • 952v

how can i get it this phone

• 2014-08-19 08:54
  • w0Pt

price?and how i can get it?

• 2014-08-05 19:48
  • nUrb

how to on/off packet data connection? Since if i have no internet pack activated, then i will lose my accoun balance by apps which uses data.

• 2014-02-16 08:00
  • U@LK

> In reply to fahad @ 2012-08-25 11:46 from MGF@ - click to readi need 5 nokia e51 without cemra so can u tell me where i buy it abu dhabi

• 2013-12-01 14:36
  • Hxfh

any one know where cn i find brand new e51 free camera .. contact me plz ..

• 2012-08-25 11:46
  • MGF@

e51

• 2012-03-08 01:06
  • Tr4c

> In reply to What is camera free @ 2011-12-13 13:15 from uv7M - click to readcamera free is the best mobile and also good than camera phone nokia e52

• 2012-02-22 15:34
  • nTpN

> In reply to Kind @ 2011-11-15 14:36 from ibj} - click to readIn Indian currency this mobile nokia e51 price is 8000/Rs and in Saudi Arab 720SR. bye

• 2012-01-21 14:58
  • nTpN
  • What is camera free
  • Rating0

Hey guys what is the difference between camera free and the other 1...tanks in advance

• 2011-12-13 13:15
  • uv7M

Can anybody tell me how much this handphone and where can i get it? Bcause i need it. I hope you all can help me.

• 2011-11-15 14:36
  • ibj}

I want to buy E51 camera free.
is it aailable nowdays n where i can get it?

• 2011-11-13 04:33
  • sELf

i need one e51 camera free nokia mobile. Please tell anybody know

• 2011-11-05 23:23
  • Hxf3

This is without doubt the best camera free phone ever. No phone released till now can come close. I have had mine since September 2008 and am still using it.

• 2011-10-20 14:56
  • PFQk

i want to buy E51 camera free. is it available now and where?

• 2011-09-14 20:08
  • syw5
Total of 408 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E51 camera-free.