Nokia E63 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.9
8.0

Xcellent piece of work.a worthy machine 4 its price tag over the e71...except nokia should have used th same glossy finnish for the back cover as they did to the front.

• 2009-02-05 17:57
  • p$Kx

Xcellent piece of work.a worthy machine 4 its price tag over the n71...except nokia should have used th same glossy finnish for the back cover as they did to the front.

• 2009-02-05 17:56
  • p$Kx

Imagine that you had good 3G connection coverage and flat rate data subsription; then go for nokia internet radio to listen hundreds of radio channel all over the world. all new middle-end and high-end nokia has built-in nokia internet radio or could be download at 'download menu' e.g nokia n95. for older nokia model ,Other alternative software is 'tunin.fm' that can be downloaded using your phone browser.(search it at google). But beware (from my experience) when you using internet radio ; maybe you could not recieve any calls in. So i suggest u might have additional phone. If i go wrong about this ,, plz reply to me

• 2009-02-05 17:51

this phone is for 14500.... a value for money model

• 2009-02-05 17:03
  • PErx

the phone must be drop in price ,than i will buy it,about $200 ...safira wil het ook kopen .

• 2009-02-05 16:09
  • LCej

Anyone know how to activate the text to speech function?

• 2009-02-05 14:44
  • PSwc

> In reply to Tanver @ 2009-02-04 19:26 from uNVA - click to readThank you Tanveer. I got the phone, but still I love the E71. I will get it in a 3-4 month timeframe. I will contact you if i need anything through this forum.

• 2009-02-05 08:24
  • vJxm

> In reply to K Jamil @ 2009-02-04 18:09 from ji{R - click to readHe will not be able to see u.or u can use a mirror

• 2009-02-05 03:47
  • M@T2

> In reply to Tanver @ 2009-02-04 19:11 from uNVA - click to readGo to contacts then scroll to the contact u want and press ok to open it.press options then ringtone

• 2009-02-05 03:45
  • M@T2

This phone is great. You can read books using Mobipocket and pdf files and Word. This phone is heaven-sent great price!!!

• 2009-02-05 00:13
  • vxqf

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readGo for e63 bcz its cost less than e71 & have same performance like e71 so 3 cheers for e71....

• 2009-02-04 19:26
  • uNVA

I m using this phone for last 2 weeks this phone is awesome but it hangs sometime, i talk about 60 to 70 min a day & i use net a lot but the batter lasts great. Can any one tell me how to define a single ringtone against a single contact...thanks anyway...tc

• 2009-02-04 19:11
  • uNVA

> In reply to Bazkurd @ 2009-02-02 20:34 from M@T2 - click to readif i can use video calling through main camera thn how can i b able 2 c d other guy's image??
btw, thx 4 reply

• 2009-02-04 18:09
  • ji{R

> In reply to gat @ 2009-02-03 16:57 from vx6P - click to readyour so right about the people turning their heads to look at your phone...in my school almost all of the people i come across with looks at my phone whenever i text while walking...:)

• 2009-02-04 16:25
  • P@cf

the back casing (battery cover) fades its color easily but thanks to gmask,it solved my problem.i used the transparent one so it would look like with the front casing.

• 2009-02-04 12:31
  • w0QM

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readI suggested you go for e71. E63 has no internal gps, rds radio and 2nd camera for video call. E71 metal body was a bonus but beware that's easily slip by wet hand and fingerprint magnet. E63 using 3.5mm earphone jack; but it is ok for e71 that's using 2.5mm jack coz u could find its 3.5mm adaptor in many market but be sure it has stereo output if not your additional earpiece was a futile. Go for e63 if you have low budget. E63 is ok if you don't care about internal gps and make video call.

• 2009-02-04 10:47
  • ji{R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-02-03 16:41 from vxir - click to readYou are absolutely right. No phone is perfect, but the E63, if you are willing to ignore the little niggles, wins over the E71 in pricing. I will go for this.

• 2009-02-04 02:00
  • vxqi

> In reply to Bee @ 2009-01-20 09:05 from u73j - click to readYes. I just bought one in Hong Kong last week (水貨) and it supports simplified characters. I'm beginning to fall in love with this phone - many nice surprises :)

• 2009-02-03 19:33
  • Uf7y

> In reply to da @ 2009-02-03 11:11 from iFrD - click to readI can relate to your problem.
A week ago, I was deciding to choose b/w E63, E71, and 5800.
Knowing that 5800 is still immature and would not support most of the programs I previously ran on my E90, I had to choose between E63 and E71.

I chose the E-series QWERTY phones because I am a heavy texter and am prone to creating documents on the go. I picked E63 because it was more affordable for essentially the same functionality as E71. At least I wouldn't feel bad for having to spend on an expensive phone once I buy a new one on christmas. The greatest difference is the lack of GPS and a pared down 2.0 megapixel cam. Personally, I didn't get to use the GPS functionality with my previous phone and the camera is not really an issue since the E71's cam isn't any better even at a higher resolution.

At the end of the day, your torn between choosing a simple-looking device and a high-end glossed device if you are that fashion-conscious. I chose the e63 because it was more ergonomic. I love the way it fits my hand when typing. the extra 2mm thicknesshelps with grip and precision. The modified keypad layout of the bottom keys is also much friendlier. the 'chr' and 'ctrl' are separated from each other and with the addition of (,),@ and / keys.

The rubberized and softer keypad allows for faster and more accurate typing.

The E63 doesn't look very good on pictures but it's really feels good in the hands and other people will still turn their heads to examine your device.

P1i: the device's OS is dead.

happy hunting.

• 2009-02-03 16:41
  • vxir
Total of 11526 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E63.