Nokia E63 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.8
7.9

i bought not one but TWO of them...this E63 is AWESOME!!! not missing a single essential or even an option...no mobile EVER with these specification with that PRICE!!! i do really enjoy using it...thx Nokia really!!!

• 2009-01-12 06:14
  • iA0U

According to PCWorld, this phone will be sold unlocked for $250. it has Mail for Exchange and Lotus Notes. thats the office docs as far as i know..what more is there we'll have to wait..

• 2009-01-12 02:06
  • LBH7

it should have a camera-less version to make it even more cheaper. The camera onboard the E63 is useless anyway, it has an awful awful quality. But all other else, its ok.

• 2009-01-11 23:36
  • w0QM

awosome battery back up..... Wonderfull fone a must buy

• 2009-01-11 22:19
  • 2@ku

which would be better htc viva or nokia e63

• 2009-01-11 18:39
  • 2SQv

> In reply to balaji @ 2009-01-10 15:54 from 2SNI - click to readyes u can open ur all window....

• 2009-01-11 08:05
  • vGH8

Man I can't wait to grab this in Australia - Sounds like it'll be an absolute steal if I can pick it up unlocked

• 2009-01-11 05:09
  • PxUi

In the review, GSMArena has stated that the phone has Office Document Editor. Any comment from some real users on the accuracy of that information will be appreciated.
Thank you.

• 2009-01-10 21:40
  • uNVx

Can i install a 240x320 (portrait) applications on it or i just have to install 320x240 (landscape) applications

• 2009-01-10 19:35
  • M@Ti

how about running applications on this phone?
is it running yahoo go, widsets, google maps etc well?

• 2009-01-10 15:54
  • 2SNI

is the usb cover a bit flimsy? i hope this is normal. and i realize a certain lag when typing after using the space bar, it's no big deal, a great phone i must say. can anyone confirm the usb cover and space bar thing? tnx

• 2009-01-10 15:20
  • v0XH

In middle east E63 is cheaper about 38% than E71.I think its good price.I just wished it was camera-free coz I have n95 for 2 months and I captured just 2 pics.I used gps once(test).but I hope it has a good sound quality

• 2009-01-10 15:14
  • M@Ti

Very, very friendly price, wi-fi, 3.5 mm jack, massive card capacity, read documents, great great phone for the rest of us!!!

• 2009-01-10 14:23
  • vxq7

I can encrypt files!!! this is awesome!!! i can protect my precious files!!!

• 2009-01-10 14:07
  • vxq7

Symbian OS!!!! great!!! wi-fi!!! 3.5 mm jack. this is perfect for me!! I will buy this unit!!

• 2009-01-10 14:04
  • vxq7

wow!!! I can read pdf files, I can read books, i can read mobipocket!! I can read ms word!!! this is terrific! all other deficiencies are for givable! long live the almighty 3.5 mm jack!!! long live the awesome affordable price!!! in the Philippines, you can get it for cash at 12,500+ and the SE P1i still sells at not less than 15,000.

• 2009-01-10 14:01
  • vxq7

infrared is an obsolete technology. there's no need for it. and this phone is better off without it. infrared is stone age stuff.

• 2009-01-10 13:54
  • vxq7

Hey i madly want this phone and want to buy this,but can anybody please tell me if e63 has good sound quality.
And what I will not able to do without the HSDPA since 3g is given in this set!

• 2009-01-10 12:56
  • M@T2

GSM Arena, as always, has given a detailed review of the E63 which is going to be immensely helpful to would be buyers. The phone is exactly like the E71 but only feature it falls short of is HSDPA.

I wonder why Nokia couldn't bring out a camera-free version of this model. When details of the phone first appeared in the media in Oct 2008, it was reported that three variants of E63 were possible including a camera-free version, though this review is silent on that. I think smartphone users don't really need camera phones. Nokia could well have given us HSDPA in place of this damp squib 2 Megs optics.

The concept of putting your data onto Ovi servers appears good but what after one year. What would be the subscription costs thereafter?

I don't know about price and availability of the E63 in India. There was a speculation that it could be 40% cheaper than the E71. In that case it would indeed be a steal.

• 2009-01-10 08:49
  • utsA

gsm arena you screwed up the review , it is a great phone , does a lot for its price and looks good in hand .... the sound quality is at par with n81 which in my opinion is pretty good for a phone

I really dont know who is doing the device audio analysis for you , but fire him if he lets you post false information on internet

lastly there is a 1 gb micro sd card available in the sales package so you guys wrong here again

• 2009-01-09 08:11
  • u10T
Total of 11481 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E63.