i'm just trade my HTC Diamond to Nokia E71.
really love it,
but my problem is,
--> i brought "WHITE E71" and used the white case belong to NOKIA\original CASE. white+red inside.
-->REd inside make my e71 keypad become red also.
-->anyone have this problem?
Can change from NOKIA?
Does this phone have a blackberry client? in other words can i use the blackberry service on this phone ???
just got this phone. Still exploring. The GPs is not responding on Nokia map. Any alternative 3rd party downloads available? Please share.
I had the E61 and upgraded to the E71 2 weeks ago.
The E71 is soo much faster, but I miss the screen size of the E61.
However, I can tell you I have working the following
* SIP Phone connected to my Trixbox (Asterisk). I have it working via 3G & HSPDA and ofcourse wifi. (Meaning, I have my home phone connected to my E71 via 3G internet connection).
* MFE - Mail For Exchange. Best upgrade ever. The most important upgrade feature in my opinion is that there is no need for manual upload of secure certificates. This was dependent on the Exchange Server Certificate. In the E71, it doesnt matter if the certificate is loaded or not. Well done Nokia!
* GPS - GPS just works! I have not loaded the maps to my 2GIG memory yet. I am going to attempt this tonight (so no need to download map via provider on the go (Works out too expensive!!))
* The phone has rebooted while trying to multitask. Beware, dont have too many apps open at once. It just freezes and reboots (Hopefully a firmware will sort it out)
* Display Size - The E61 screen size would make this the complete, ultimate phone.
I recommend this phone to anyone who knows how to operate a Nokia phone. The QWERTY phone seems complex for a few. However, I handed down my E61 to family and after 24 hours they are addicted to the QWERTY keyboard.
I bought this phone for approx $660 (Singapore Dollars)
I bought this fone in recent times and its awesome...it doesn't hang up and the system is too fast compare to any other hitech fones...the battery is too good..it goes for 5 days without any charge once you charge it fully...
I love this phone very much..and it really got a very elegant look..
How do we check the E71-1 or E71-2? can some one highlight on this?
Anonymous, 06 Sep 2008Got the phone yesterday, it looks awesome and feels awesome in your hand. The screen is clear ... moreRe the comment about esses message 'remove memory card'-I had this with my n73. I sent it back to be 'fixed' but they found no problem. Avenut I worked out that the memory case was only a millimeter or two too long. So I shaved a little off the end and slid it in. Works perfectly now. Perhaps there problems are caused because there phones are manufactured to such tight tolerances.
3g will work only if u get the e71-2!!! so make sure u don't get stuck with the -1 or else ur 3g will not work
is there anyone know about the latest Firmware avail?
Is there a way to have the SMS show a conversation log? similar to blackberry or to the iPhone?
o2atoman, 06 Sep 2008if you're looking for North American ver. try ebay, I've got mine pretty cheap and sealed too,... more
thanks for the info.
where can i buy this in toronto?
the north american version so that the 3g band will work...
I really dont know what to say about this phone. I've had 4 exchanges and it still won't work. I dropped the 1st one on a carpet and all the keys stopped working. The second one came in but will switch on halfway and go back off again.
The 3rd one just wont switch on at all. And the 4th has no audio. really makes me wonder.
joseph, 04 Sep 2008does any one know how can i receive my hotmail email at this mobile E71 like sms in inbox ?With hotmail you'll have to pay them a fee to be able to sync ur email or have it pushed to ur phone. If you don't pay for the hotmail plus service, there's no way u'll get push email.
I am interested in this phone and would like to ask a few questions.
1. Are YouTube videos supported in the browser?
2. Does the phone have push mail?
3. What is the maximum size MicroSD the phone can support.
I have a Blackberry Curve 8320. The e-mail is flawless. How does E71 compare? I know it does not support Blackberry connect!
What about spell check? Has Nokia finally decided to include it? Blackberry Curve certainly has this important professional feature.
Anonymous, 06 Sep 2008 thanks a lot... i'm considering to buy either this of E66 but i'm not sure if the nor... moreif you're looking for North American ver. try ebay, I've got mine pretty cheap and sealed too, and its Finland made. I've picked it up for no extra fee in downtown Toronto. those ones they sell in stores are Asian Ver so probably its not made in Finland and its already been open!