David, London, UK, 09 Jan 2010Battery update. I bought my E72 last tuesday and still have not recharged my battery. I have p... moreYeah David I can confirm the battery life too. I ma using it for a while in parallel with N79. The battery life is longer though the processor is running almost doubled frequency.
lets talk about bb onyx and nokia e72
1. Ok, onyx keyboard is better than e72 keyboard, but for some people like me, indonesian which has much smaller hand, typing one handed on onyx is a pain. So i prefer e72 keyboard.
2. Ok, onyx got bigger screen and resolution, but its only 0,06inch different, i cant hardly notice the different, and 65k of colours? So outdated, e72 has 16m of colours far more superior when viewing videos and images.
3. Onyx has better email experience and has bbm, yes, i agree with that but remember few weeks ago? The blackberry outage is US for more than 8hrs, twice a week? its a sign that blackberry service is going down due to more costumer rely on their service. Blackberry sells handset and service all together, forcing people to use and pay for it, u cant even use wifi connection for internet unless you pay for BIS or BES. I cannot imagine, one company could handles milions of people across the world to use their service, i can only prayer for bb user out there :p. As for nokia, trying to make its own service (push email and chat) but they give costumer freedom to choose, wether to use the service or not, u can steel use reguler data plan as ur main internet connection and third party solution for push email and chat. Blacberry without BES or BIS is just a dumb phone for calls and sms, taking pic and video, oh i forgot, the camera is awful, dont do the last thing lol
4. Third party support, e72 a.k.a symbian win, wide range of apps available for symbian os, its would be a very long list, if u ask me what kind of apps i have installed on my e72,
5. GPS navigation, nokia maps is the winner, there are other solution like Garmin and Tomtom, blackberry user could use blackberry map rely on its data plan, which is painfully slow for me.
6. Web browser, again my e72 win with adobe flash support, i can open Youtube video on standard nokia browser, which blacberry cant.
7. Processor, ok onyx win, with much bigger 624 mhz clock, but symbian os much efficient than blackberry OS in term of processor usage, try to compare e71's 396mhz with blackberry bold 9000 you will see the different
7. Camera, i have nothing to say
8. Price, i have nothing to say too lol!
So for me, e72 truly a blackberry killer
Battery update. I bought my E72 last tuesday and still have not recharged my battery. I have played games (briefly), made calls and used WIFI. This battery is tremendous.
should i buy this or the n97mini? and btw no phone is complete ne\/er was and ne\/er will be..
Going to buy this phone hopefully soon...unless u guys have any other recommendations for a phone with full qwerty..3mp+ camera and decent audio quality. thanks
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010If you ask my opinion, No BB No E72, I will hold back with my E71 and look forward to March 20... moreRajeesh thx. I was thinking of buy E71 white..$300 it would be a no brainer if it had FP2. I will be in Korea until June so I can wait. I heard that nokia will be revamping the UI. I am a fan of the form factor and not really into touchscreens although the HTC HD2 looks phenomenal.
Have you seen the Nokia MYSTIC = E72 + Palm Centro?
Have you heard E72 coming out in WHITE and RED by June
I agree E73 should be built as solid as E71..bigger, higher resolution screen. Considering they had the blueprint with the E71...the e72 should have been a HOMERUN.
korea, 09 Jan 2010Thank you..... I have to ask this. What do you think of the Blackberry 9700 in comparison to... moreIf you ask my opinion, No BB No E72, I will hold back with my E71 and look forward to March 2010. A lot of surprises are on the way. New Android system and new gadgets with lots of feature, Symbian too is aiming on BB and Nokia should be coming up with a bang by March or latest April. You will be surprised my friend. Just a matter of 2 months. No way I will recommend E72 to anyone as it is incomplete, outdated and expensive. You asked my opinion I gave you the honest one. Its your wish and your decession and your requirement if its fulfilled by BB 9700 or E72....
so tell me pls is this phone GOOD or BAD? straight question pls strainght answer.
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010About classifying Multimedia files in folders, In E 71 you can make different folders for diff... moreThank you..... I have to ask this. What do you think of the Blackberry 9700 in comparison to the E71/E72
1. In that forum..all you 95% of what you hear about that phone is GOOD.
2. Better screen...by far.
3. better track pad
4. more stable OS
But why I frown on buying it.
1. USA carriers force you to buy data plan w/BB ($30) NO Wi-fi unless you get BIS and without NOTHING really works.
2. The UI is decent up top but below they use "lists" instead of icons I HATE IT.
Craig, 09 Jan 2010lol hey nothin personal rajesh no offended pls but u wrote a very F long character on this for... morehey craig
are u from australia??? wht colour ph have u got??? i want a gray one lol ...but can only get black lol
Anonymous, 09 Jan 2010Rajeesh: The last few comment you made were GREAT. You gave us something we could use. Now ... moreAbout classifying Multimedia files in folders, In E 71 you can make different folders for different files like Audio, Video and Images ( A very E series system ). But in E72 they have adopted a N series Carousel system where Video and Images fall into one gallery. But you can classify them into albums. I personally hate this. I prefer E71 system...
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Rajeesh..I just wrote you a nice compliment with my questions and I see you call me clueless..... moreClueless was a reply to your first post ( look at the time ). Now about your questions. Thanks for asking and here is the reply...
E71 camera is not as good as E72 even after upgrade of firmware. I will give E72 camera 7 points and E71 camera 5 points if I compare them to N82. Both E71 and E72 cameras are hopeless in low light condition.
In E71, Pressing the "T" while you aim the object will make the optic does extra work and refocus for a much sharper image. Sometimes you like it but when you take many photos in short time than you will Hate it.
White colour getting dirty, you can use a extra silicon covers to protect it from dust. But if you sweat a lot and cant find covers available than it will definitely look stained after a few months
You can save all your applications on memory card in both phones. But there are some system applications which Nokia will not allow you or ask you where to save and will straight away choose phone memory and its phone memory not the NAND FLASH.
If I were to give ranks, I would give E72 a 7 and E71 6 out of 10.
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010I hope after a few days of research various sites and after reading forums on this site it wou... moreRajeesh..I just wrote you a nice compliment with my questions and I see you call me clueless....WOW man.
Anonymous, 04 Jan 2010How is text typing on this phone. Can one use single hand?
NOO you need to hands and small fingers .. maybe a mouse claw to type on this thing
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010Hi, about compass and geotagging plus HW accelerometer are good enough. But when you use noise... moreRajeesh: The last few comment you made were GREAT. You gave us something we could use. Now I have questions please.
1. Is the E71 camera on par with E72 after the FW upgrade or only slightly. I travel to many countries and I prefer not to have to carry a camera.
2. Is it a hassle to hold "T" down to take a pic?
3. On E72 can you place photos in folders to separate them.
4. I have held the E71 and the build quality is a 10 what would you give the E72's build quality on a scale from 1- 10?
5. Can I store all apps on the memory card instead of using the phones memory?
6. have you heard anything about problems with the white e71 getting dirty? I love the color.
Please lets not call those uninformed as you dumb. We are all trying to be educated consumers.
Korea, 09 Jan 2010Rajeesh I really appreciate your tone it is very civil towards me and I apologize for prior co... moreI hope after a few days of research various sites and after reading forums on this site it would be very clear of what you have and what you will be missing in E72. If you are happy with HAVES AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT HAVE NOTS THAN E72 IS YOUR DREAM PHONE...I dont see any reason you will still be clueless. These forums must have already helped you to make a right decession. But in case you have any further queries, I am sure there are many E72 users on this forum who will be pleased to lend you support in deciding.
Rajesh, 09 Jan 2010I do purchase new mobiles and do also keep the best ones in my collection. I purchased E72 twi... moreRajeesh I really appreciate your tone it is very civil towards me and I apologize for prior comments I have made under "annonymous" The issue I had with you is that you seemed to imply that people on this site are clueless Nokia fans....I Love Nokia, I still have my N70 but as much as I wanted this phone, I am well aware of the shortcomings and have been taking my time deciding between this phone and the E71. I have been researching/reading reviews/and blogs about this phone for months. By the time I decide the E73 might be out..LOL Being an owner I would much rather prefer you give insight on your experience with the E72 and not talk about what it doesn't have. If people wanted 12mp and TV out and etc...they would by OMNIA or SE X10. Give the people what the y need to make an informed decision not rants about things that won't change. So when i get back to the USA I can buy my phone.