Adel, 19 Dec 2009Can somebody tell me which color is better for E72 the Brown or the Blacki bougth e72 just 3 days ago,,, i choice color brown coz i like 8, unique n sozi,, my friends also like 8
Adel, 19 Dec 2009Can somebody tell me which color is better for E72 the Brown or the BlackBlack is far better than the brown one. Black looks more professional!
Can somebody tell me which color is better for E72 the Brown or the Black
Can someone buy it for me?! hahaha :) it sounds like an awesome phone, I'm glad it has a good camera.. I might be getting it =D
Prince78, 19 Dec 2009Those who want to wait should wait forever.. for a perfect fone.. those who want to be with ti... moreHi, I don't think E72 will be able to sustain its present price for more than a month. I believe by end Feb 2010 we will be able to buy it at around below USD 350. I guess Nokia will flood the market with its new batch of refined and reinforced E72 by that time and as usually if you have followed earlier times Nokia's 2nd or 3rd release have been near perfect and at better price. So its a matter of time and I am sure E72 is going to be in trend until end of 2010. So whats a rush, why not buy a better product at better price. Till then keep your E71 or E63 whatsoever and grab the fortune in days to come. Till then keep safe out of E72.
mysterioushunk, 19 Dec 2009Thanks a ton zia!!a bit confused of investing my pocket money in e72 or d e71???wat is ur take... moremy pleasure Hunk... i guess u shud prefer E72 over E71..
Go with the time.. E71 was something u shud hav owned in 2008.. i suggest u go for E72.. i have ordered mine and will get it in 2-3 hrs.. All the Best...
Those who want to wait should wait forever.. for a perfect fone.. those who want to be with time will get this phone and enjoy. it,s a very stable fone and minor bugs are there with every phone at the time of release.. those who will wait for 3-4 months, at that time another phone with better specs will be announced, then they will wait for another 5 months for its release and another 5 months for the initial firmware bugs to be resolved.. so keep on waiting guys.. those who want to enjoy now go for this phone..
Rajesh, 19 Dec 2009Friends, 600 mhz proccessor does'nt do any good when playing high bitrate mpeg4s. The amount o... moreDear Rajesh and other friends,
I have spoken 3 months back . That time everybody was asking and cursing nokia for not releasing this E72 as promised . At same time I wrote also ."after nokia has release this phone . everybody will be complaining this not right, and that not working , this not functioning." and now it is true . Everybody is complaining except a few who feel they can live with it.
But I luckily I stayed on safe side , i.e stay on side lanes and watch the traffic passby. Waiting to board something with gives no problem .
Thanks and regards
hi ppl ,
i ve had e71 for almost an year noe .. and now the e72 trust me its worth the upgrade ...
speaker volume n everything its all perfect ..its nowhere below the e71 .. its one step ahead ..
dont bother ..go ahead buy it !!
Anonymous, 19 Dec 2009e72 is a gr8 phone no lags, does not reboot, no freezes, excellent in every way.
but one pr... moreThis is a most untrue.
I have E72 here in Mumbai for the past 20 days.
It does lag and it does freeze. I need to switch it off and then turn it on again. Or sometimes even remove the battery.
I regret giving up E63 for a better mail client.
This dumb machine doesnt pull mails according to the set intervals.
And Nokia Messaging is most unreliable. It doesnt work with many pop3 servers.
Shame on Nokia for following its fans!
e72 is a gr8 phone no lags, does not reboot, no freezes, excellent in every way.
but one problem that will be fixed in the next firmware ofcourse. change the phone language to arabic. open the calculator and try typing any numbers... it wont work at all. but in other languages it does. :P
a small bug ofcourse no big deal.
Friends, 600 mhz proccessor does'nt do any good when playing high bitrate mpeg4s. The amount of free RAM after boot up is too low. The feel of ample steel on E71 is gone. It looks like E63 in a new costume. Optical Trackpad feels inferior. The backlight leak makes it feel cheaper. The speaker volume is too low and you can easily miss the calls n even vibration is so soft. E72 wins in camera and presence of fp2. Otherwise its better to wait till the price drops as presently it costs too high as it has got nothing to justify the price.
1) Nokia has chosen a design and looks of E63 and added metal finish to make E72 ( but its far less metalic than E71 )
2) The boot up time of E72 is 22 sec whereas E71 is about 46 sec which is far slower than E72. But here is a catch - E72 boots very fast and when you reach the home screen you can see a better looking menus which is a blessing of fp2. But the amount of free RAM which you get on hand is only 45 MB. Whereas on E71 or E63 you get about 90 MB +. So the ultimate speed when you use E72 is not better than E71 even though E72 has a 600 mhz processor.
3) The backlight leak from behind the action keys make E72 feel cheap and defective.
4) The medium or high bitrate mpeg4 videos are jerky and tend to stop at times. The presence of 600 mhz does not do any good which accessing videos. I have checked and rechecked. The same mpeg4 videos run so smoothly on 528 mhz Qualcomm and 400 mhz Intel Xscale processors. Why?????
5) Camera is a much better improvement over E71 but definitely far behind Carl Zeis optics found on N series. But it is acceptable as E72 is a business phone.
6) E72 looks good enough to draw attention of anyone but when you hold E72 and E71 together you will notice that E71 is far sturdier and have a solid metal feel to it.
7) Another drawback of E72 is its speaker which has a very low volume output. You can easily miss a call as even the vibrator is not so strong.
8) The optical trackpad used on E72 is a big plus but its make is very moderate when compared to Samsung and Sony Ericsson. You will feel the inferiority when you use the optical trackpad on Samsung i8510 or Omnia i900 or xperia X1 on Sony Ericsson. E72 has a cheaper feel.
9) fp2 software itself though is a very nice improvement. Web browsing and Menus are much improved and now Contacts on E72 show both Phone and Sim card together whereas on E71 it showed only Phone contacts and you had to locate contacts on Sim by choosing options to show sim directory.
10) Presence of 3.5 mm jack and flashlight is a welcome feature again these are features which were found E63 which created more interested buyers for E63. But the way you can very well use a 1 dollar 2.5 mm to 3.5mm adopter on E71 for standard headphones.
11) E72 costs about USD 380 to USD 450 whereas E71 today costs only USD 250 a much lower price
i have been using the E72 for almost a month now and its is simply awesome in terms of usability and functionality. The software is more stable and the sleek feel of the form factor is superb. Highly recommended.
Zia, 17 Dec 2009hi.. firmware upgrade will take time... for most of the previous nokia phones, firware upgrade... moreThanks a ton zia!!a bit confused of investing my pocket money in e72 or d e71???wat is ur take on this????
never said e71 was superior but I have seen tons of people swear that its better than e72. my n73 still outperforms most of these new phones in many ways so NEW TeCHNOLOGY doesn' mean better and I would venture to say that for most of these people....new tech is insignificant..they just want the latest toy....how many do you think actually need PUSH e-mail. you can't put pics in folders like the e71...people have been complaining about basic stuff like setting up e-mail accounts....it should be able to at least do that OUT OF THE BOX without firmware updates. I didn't hear all this hoopla when the n79 was released or the n86. how is it that they had the prototype for this phone (e71) released it over a month after they said and it still is screwy on a basic level....NOT GOOD NOKIA. the BB 9700 has none of these basic problems. spec wise it is on par...build wise maybe better..if a BB data plan wasn't required I would buy it in a heartbeat as much as I love Nokia. the screen is brilliant..trackpad is far superior....how many of the problems will the FW fix?
Anonymous, 19 Dec 2009Spiff and Prince78...come on there are way to many o the same complaints from different people... moreThere are complains about the E72 simply for the same reason you get complains about all new Nokias - They rush things and the first firmware is usually quite lame. E71's first firmware was rather pathetic so if you compare, the E72 is a lot better and more stable.
Perfect? No way. But better than the E71? Anytime.
Just check the USB and wifi transfer speeds on both E71 and E72 units, fully encrypted (ram+card). That alone will show you that the E71 is yesterday's technology.
I'm not saying the E71 is bad. It is a good, well engineered unit. It just makes no sense to say that it is superior when overall it isn't. It just has 4 or 5 extra generations of firmware bugfixes, plus a chassis that MIGHT be slightly more solid. That's all.
When it comes to the rest, the E72 packs a lot more punch and the only reason to go for an E71 instead is if you want to same some money.
SuccessCre8or, 18 Dec 2009So?
Should I get the more expensive E72 just for a better cam and 3.5 jack ??
I think I'l... moreNot just camera and 3.5mm. OS is slightly more polished (FP2) plus you get extras like the compass, faster CPU, more RAM, optical pad and much faster wifi and USB transfer speeds.
The E71 is nice but you all face it once and for all... it is outdated and not as good. Everything in the E71 is WORSE except - perhaps - chassis build quality.
But I'd rather have all the nice, juicy 2009 features than details like "oh it does not leak 0,5mm of light out of the keyboard".