Does any one know if at any time the e72 will be able for at&t in the United States, since they have the e71 I thought maybe they might upgrade at some time to the e72. Thankyou
Johndoe, 20 Nov 2009I'm either getting either the E72 or the N96. I don't care about looks or buttons or that sort... moreif u cosider camera and music then n96. but if u want internet, office, and some other relevent application then buy e72
I bought this phone yesterday and believe me it is excellent in all aspects sound, colours, apps, Arabic language on keyboard, everything. It comes with free lifetime walk navigation only. I recommend the E72 to everyone who is thinking to buy all-in-one business phone.
Yes today i buy it from Nokia Store Bashundhara City,Level #5, Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am so excited about it..
nokia e72 is available in banglore for 21500 rupees in grey market .
I'm either getting either the E72 or the N96. I don't care about looks or buttons or that sort of thing, but I care only about functionality, features, speed etc. I've heard that the E72 has a much better battery life but on the other hand it has only 15 fps video while the N96 has 30 fps.
Should I get the E72 or the N96?
about e72,just got one...the brown one with 8Gb mmc from singapore.its just 1cm thick and i actually compared it to omnia pro b7320 which is the right contender of it as opppose to e71.in terms of quality e72 is better and it does fits nicely in the palm.and it looks more expensive too.speed? with 600mhz on a symbian s60v3,u can never go wrong....just to compare s60v5 with 434mhz which is powering n97 and x6..so u know how stable it would be..and sound quality...its not as loud as omnia 2 or n95 but it is pretty good...sharp music...bottom line is for those of u that had used n95 before,this phone is a slimmer yet supercharged and at least 5times more powerful than n95....just my 50cents..
Rajesh, 20 Nov 2009Hi AJ, you mentioned it has better camera, I agree. But are you sure it's audio is better than... moreGuys you are all missing the BIG picture here! There will NOT be released a perfect device, EVER!!! Theres gonna be allways something to satisfy you initially but then its gonna suck wether the hardware or the software or the build quality! Otherwise there is gonna be NOTHING to push you in a time table not bigger than a year, to buy a NEW device and that way the companys will LOSE you as their MAIN donor, money wise!!! They prefer you to change your device every year or so rather than making it perfect at a 20-30% price increase but significantly increesing the period of time after which you change your device!!! Dont forget, IF YOU STOP TO BUY THEY DYE :):):)
Anonymous, 20 Nov 2009Rajesh, you say that audio is better in e71 than e72. How is this possible? e72 has a dedicate... moreI made a comparision of sound quality through speakers. Since E71 only has 2.5mm jack, I hardly used any heaphones with it. Only when I used to use FM radio did I jacked it supplied Nokia headphones. So through speakers the sound quality of E71 beats E72.
Rajesh, 20 Nov 2009E72 is very good as compared to E71. But as in my first post I indicated that E72 right now co... moreRajesh, you say that audio is better in e71 than e72. How is this possible? e72 has a dedicated audio chip, i.e. it should have a similar class of audio quality to an ipod or any other music dedicated phones. Of course, I have not tried it myself, but I am saying this based on published specs by Nokia. Which headphones you tried it on, what encoding quality (bit rate), what type of music (some horrible loud pap or decent classical music/jazz)? Thanks in advance for your comments!
o.k. Rajeesh this is anon and i decided to use my name LOL....that was SUPER informative...when i was back in the USA in July I had a chance to handle the E71 at an AT&T store....simply outstanding build quality...I love the look of the white and all black E71 and I heard that even with the firmware upgrades the camera is lacking. I love the idea of the faster processor..I don't mind the carousel..I still have an N70. i guess my main concern is build quality which must be different than what I have read in the very thorough allaboutnokia.com review. I like the look of the BB 8900 and the 9700 but I travel a lot outside the country and there are big time issues with BB. anyway thank you so much.
someone please help me!!! should i buy blackberry bold or nokia e72?!!!! i am going mad!!!! which one should i buy in terms of design messaging and listening to music and for usuage under de sun!!!!!!! someone please help me....
Anonymous, 20 Nov 2009Rajeesh...this is anon again...didn't mean to come off harsh. Your last post is very useful i... moreE72 is very good as compared to E71. But as in my first post I indicated that E72 right now cost about USD 480 but now E71 sells at USD 275. This huge differnce of USD 205 will put off many potential buyers and make them wait for price to stabilise.
Here are the points which may help you in deciding between E72 and E71.
1) Camera on E72 is much better than E71.
2) Colour saturation on screen of E72 is much authentic and rich. Images look very lively.
3) Dpad or optical navigation pad whatever you name it is very nice and quick to use as compared to E71 where you had to press direction wise. It was annoying sometimes while browsing.
4) Menu, Email and web browser has undergone various changes leading to a very good feel.
5) E72 is very speedy and you get the job done about 10 to 20% faster than E71.
6) you have an added usefull feature like 3.5mm jack for music headphones and a torch which serves when needed.
Now drawbacks -
1) That full metal feel is gone. You will have mixed feelings of metal and plasticky.
2) The action keys though have a bit of metalic feel, it still feels loose and gives a bit of unsatisfactory mind status.
3) Speaker has been shifted to back of the handset. I used to enjoy watching videos and hearing music on E71 and speaker used to deliver crisp and clear sound as speaker was on top of the set. Now with E72 the sound hits the platform on which handset is placed and the output is louder but a bit distorted quality.
4) The audio quality on E71 was better and on E72 leaves you wanting more.
5) Gallery on E71 had different locations classified as Images and Videos. But on E72 it has taken a carousel wheel form which you will find on N series. I dont feel very comfortable using it as it takes longer time to locate the file if you want to do a quick browsing lets say for one image file and you are encountering videos as hurdles to reach that particular image file.
Hope this helps you in deciding between E71 or E72.
For those blowing the Blackberry trumpet, here is my take. Blackberry is good but not that good. I would take Nokia as a perference any other day. Finally Blackberry is not that big globally. It is only really popular in Canada and the USA. BB has got even more popular once people knew Obama had one. As for the iphone 3GS, what a waste of overhyped rubbish - no radio, no SD card, touchscreen, music only through itunes. Looks great but just a trophy girlfriend. With Nokia, you cant go wrong.