Nokia E72 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.6
7.6

I also forgot to mention that this doubles up as a torch too which is a tremendous additional free feature. Type in Nokia E72 torch in the google search engine box for further information.

• 2009-07-29 13:56
  • TXFs

It was set in stone me getting the Nokia N86, however this phone is an extension of my anatomy. It would be a sin not to purchase this. The battery is a beast. I currently have the superb Nokia 5800 Touchscreen. I've had this since April but I crave buttons again hence me looking to get this. I wish it had the flashing light at the top right hand corner like the Blackberry has though. Nokia for me are the best. Where is the voicemail key BTW? Also I have big hands so will this affect me using the phone? Anybody with big hands using the E63 or E71 let me know.

• 2009-07-29 13:50
  • TXFs

> In reply to hani @ 2009-07-27 17:47 from MUb9 - click to readWhen it comes to symbian phones, having a faster processor or a dedicated graphics chip doesnt necessarily make it better. Its mostly about software tuning.
For example, my 5700xm n81 and e63 have a 369 mhz processor but the user interface is faster than other nokia phones with faster processors like 5630xm and even n86.

Even when it comes to playing games with high quality graphics, they do a much better job than my n82.

• 2009-07-29 09:19
  • M@T2

I currently have a e71. I strongly believe that it is the best phone ever by far. I had an iphone 3G before and it was shockingly short on some important features. E71 never missed a feature and works seamlessly. I am getting a e72 for sure. Just Marvellous!

• 2009-07-29 09:03
  • U6Sj

Thanks mr nokia rep. please dont waste our time with sales and marketing propaganda

• 2009-07-29 06:04
  • Fvkk

Standard battery, Li-Po 1500 mAh (BP-4L)
Stand-by Up to 480 h (2G) / 576 h (3G)

can some 1 explain this? with 3G the battery lasts longer? shouldnt be that the battery last less time than with 2G?

• 2009-07-29 00:54
  • Pv7a

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readNot any blackberry can compare whit this bb5, review each feature and you'll can see the bigest difference between this differents smart phones

• 2009-07-28 22:56
  • PudY

I'm a proud owner of the Nokia E71 and this will be my next phone. Why I'd like to upgrade to this E72 is its 5MP camera, 3.5 jack, recent firmware and greater memory capacity...

• 2009-07-28 08:58
  • MA@E

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-26 10:17 from 2Z07 - click to readDear Friends,
Nokia supplied cable and bluetooth to transfer data from E72 to other device, vice versa. Why do you still need THAT IR piece. you need IR ports to stare at each other to transfer data. where as the other 2 modes there is no requirement. Just plug in the cable or switch on bluetooth you are done. Try to transfer data using IR from phone to phone on a train , buses or plane. bet my bottom dollar if you are successful . Unless you are the one who like to boast that your phone can transfer data using IR, bluetooth and cable to impress your priends.
So save some money ,some weight for may be a cheaper set. Thanks friends

• 2009-07-27 18:03
  • ibh$

ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz is faster 40% than arm 11 600 mhz used in e72 . too bad for nokia since they released n95 they didnt release any high end and powerful device even the n97 have very bad features 434 mhz cpy no dedicated graphic chip 128 ram .

• 2009-07-27 17:47
  • MUb9

> In reply to Retired IR @ 2009-07-27 12:49 from ibh$ - click to readNice xplanation, keep it up!!!

• 2009-07-27 17:46
  • kDSg

its nice. but i'll like to have a black colour of the phone. just like the E71.

• 2009-07-27 14:23
  • N9@T

its looklike a calculator!!!

• 2009-07-27 13:46
  • 3Iqw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-07-26 01:42 from tA8x - click to readDear Anonymous,
LED light is simple and cheap to produce (just let electricity pass through semicunductors and viola !!! you got LED lights, colour depends on type of transistor use and voltage required by the transistor)) , can be used for simple lighting application, such as torchlight and video light for Handphone video cameras. XENON light is expensive to produce. (Let's Electricity pass through XENON gas and it emitts bright light) . Disadvantages , cannot be use as light source for video camera , bulky components and worst still, it comsume high amount of electrical energy (from your phone batteries of course) to charge its capacitor to produce a minimum of 50V to to be discharge at XENON Bulbs. Justified ??Thanks all.

• 2009-07-27 12:49
  • ibh$

I'm waiting for the offcial gsmarena review. e63 and e71 are on hold on my shopping list

• 2009-07-27 12:20
  • vxqg

as i know, all kind of nokia+symbian os phones usually restart when we use them excessively, n the phone become hot.
and I'm afraid if that's happen to this phone
any other opinions?

• 2009-07-27 01:17
  • vfYQ

probably release in mid october,coz in the nokia brochure said "end of Q3"...hopefully sooner

• 2009-07-27 01:14
  • PFg%

one of the best phones ever

• 2009-07-26 20:30
  • tZtw

> In reply to Action @ 2009-07-24 14:13 from Nhhd - click to readDear Friends,
I am from KL , always travel to Singapore on business. Try looking on shelf in singapore or in KL but the retailers says "not yet available" in this two places but high quality dummies are abundant for RM 15.00 . For the cost of the E72 unit in both places it should be around RM 1,750 (E71 cost RM 1,250.00). 1 Euro = RM 5.10 as at today's rate).
When it is coming ?. God knows. Thanks all

• 2009-07-26 18:18
  • ibh$

Finally, Nokia, a good phone. Amazing battery. much faster than the iphone 3gs at 10.2 mps, nice camera and great features. Although, the video recording could have been better, and they could have made it stero speakers instead of mono.

• 2009-07-26 16:25
  • n9q7
Total of 11818 user reviews and opinions for Nokia E72.