Delivery date for Nokia E90 is 6th September 2007 on Vodafone UK but the above date is subject to change.
Does anyone know how many calendar enries can be stored.
Some phones only allow 100 entries. i have lots more and need to synchronise daily with my computer and outlook.
How can one know that the phone is buying is the rectified model, or the defective one? Any one knows?
The complete story can be found here:
Nokia said a defective component in microphones, coupled with high demand, have hampered the availability of its flagship business phone, the E90 Communicator. Background noise during phone calls, which raised customer complaints, was caused by a defective
Customers have also reported scratches on the phone screen caused by some keyboard keys touching the screen. Nokia said it has now added a strengthening layer on the screens and modified the keyboard so that the keys will not touch the screen
go for the E90... but buy it from the new ones bein manufactured... this way u wont have any problems with the mic... cause now Nokia is producing new upgraded mic...
Guys i was having a problem with the noise also. i upgraded the SW. the noise was reduced alot. but now Nokia released a memo that the mic needs to be changed to the newer upgraded version. so the ones with warranty ur in luck, take it to the nearest Service Center. and the ones without warranty u need to pay some money to fix it.
im gonna change my mic to the newer version just to be on the safe side.
Thats is the only problem with the E90 guys. and now there is a 100% solution.
goodluck to all
am prepairing my self to buy e-90 phone, but i cant do so , any body tell me there is a geninue earphone or mic problem during call
Re the microphone problem, will Nokia recall, "fix" or replace the e90s that are already out in the market or those that were already bought and being used?
Hi there, yup i agree w/ u ahyan, you can't tell it the fone fits u or not if u havent try, you'll be always familiar with the fone if u use it often anyway. good day, e90 is great....
Hi there again hehehe, just put it in mind, don't post comment regarding the phone if u don't have 1, got p990i and it's good but i dunno if its with the phone or just the software can't use 3g, e90 is big lets face it but light enough compare with xda/o2/hp and it offers a wide range of connectivity, any way if you have the money, buy it don't hesitate and don't wait, if like it go ahead and buy, it's good don't just listen to posted comment try it your self, i'm not against SE but mannn, they beginning to offer less unlike before, and to think incorporating a brand into a phone (walkman/cybershot) will justify the phone price think again.... bottom line is, it's all up to you, if you like it buy it don't waste time waiting, and waiting for newer model you will end up waiting and having none..... and don't let others decide for you make-up you mind, before i was that kind of thinker, until recently i found my ps3 nothing of use i should have gotten the 360 or wii anyone wanna buy? hehehehehe its the 60gig ver.
My E90 work perfectly well, even under direct sunlight, but the internal screen really is a finger print prone, any way, i already have it while still it isn't that availbale to the public and my warranty start 8/26 hehehe, love the phone, 45,000php
hey just a tip communicator fan outhere don't use the free carrying case it destroy the matt-finish of the battery cover, anyway casing will be availabe soon (metal one), a carbon fiber casing is already available. truely amazing mobile....
I have been wanting to buy the SE W960i, Nokia E90 or the N95 for a while now. I have an SE P990i. I love my SE but even with firmware updates, my phone still hangs, apps are slow and battery life is bad. Maybe I am just getting tired of my phone.
Now with the new N95 8GB version soon to be released, I wonder if Nokia will be releasing an E90 8GB version, with a 5MP camera, next. That would be a great phone... We just have to wait and see. if thats not in the future, then I just have to wait and see which phone turns out to be better, the N95 8Gb or the SE W960i.... choices choices.
hi ,thats a kool cell phone.but rather expensive.i prefer 1100 than it :D
Hii.chandresh..thanks for the advice..But i am still a lil confused...See the E90 is suppose to be much faster than the 990i.and many ppl are sayin tht here in india...
i guess it is suppose to be 1 step ahead of the 990i. and so says the vote rate on this website.wat say...?
and thanks again 4 ur post.
If you're saying that the problem with E90 is the microphone then, SO BE IT!!!
I have been working in the telecommunications industry for 8 years now doing RF design, planning and optimization for GSM and 3G networks so that is why I advise possible problems on the network side rather on the phone side!!! And I am not an idiot either!!!
nikki-1981 hi Nikki Please please please you will regret after selling your P990i, Dont make the mistake I did. Nokia E90 is not for SE 990i ppl. Trust me, 990i is much user friendsly, this baby creaks & squeaks when pressed in the wrong or the right places.
Andy I'm sorry but when I first posted my opinion, the screen went blank & got kinda held up, so I thought it's not up & hence I kept pressing enter 3-4-5-6 times that's how it got posted. Sorry if any of you guys have been irritated but it was not intentional. By the way, I managed to sell my E-90, & I'm happy for the fact that it's gone. Cheers everyone. God bless us all.
Why doesn't nokia make a US version of this phone? They would sell like hotcakes, with me being first in line...
Hi. I had N90, 7710, N93, P990i, E61i, E65, N95, 0N76 and Finally E90. I have dreamed owning this phone ang finally it is in my hands. Although I really liked Luna but I went to buy this one. Let's get straight to the point.
1. The Phone is BIG. It is on the heavy side.
2. Unlike the Communicator's nokia had before, you can do all the things with the keyboard closed because all the softwares are the same and doesnt matter if the phone is open or close.
3. The Speaker is wonderful and fantastic! and beats 7710 and N76. But N95's speaker is still louder and bass is clearer.
4. When you press the buttons on the outside while using the phone, it is very soft and doesnt make sound clicks. It gives you a feeling of exclusivity may have been brought by it's size.
5. It feels just right when you use the phone closed. Although it is big, it doesnt feel that way, compared to P990i or E61i.
6. The external screen is brighter than the internal screen even though the internal screen is at its brightest.
7. When using the phone in QWERTY mode, it feels like there are so many things to do and press. And then, you think of just closing it because you can do those things even though the phone is closed.
8. Overall, the E90's reaction to key press is fast. like N76. But when i played music videos, there is a bit of a lag. N95's processor doesnt have lags or delays. N76 sucks BIGTIME on playing huge music video files.
9. Camera is not that good in dark conditions. It gives pictures a BLUE haze or tint. N76 camera is the worse and E61i and E65. N95 wins.
10. E90 is like N95 in communicator style and much more expensive. But N95 has better camera and speaker.
11. When you use E90 in public, people will look at you and think what kind of job you have to be able to buy this phone. this phone gives you an illusion and feel of power.
12. I still Like nokia 8600 Luna and I'm planning to buy it because a small phone is always a handy phone.
13. buy this phone, you will have no regrets except the camera and size.
14. When you open the phone in QWERTY mode, the angle feels awkward.
15. admit it guys, GPS is useless.
16. In QWERTY open mode, its great that you have all the little shorcuts to applications like bluetooth, calendar, profiles, infrared ((can you believe somebody still uses this?)
17. Battery is good. lasts 2 days.
18. QWERTY keyboard feels awkward when you press it. it gives you a feeling that you didnt press it hard enough and you have to press it again.
19. for some people, the keyboard light is dim. but for me it feels not that bright, but it is soft and gentle (duhhhhh?)
20. the keys at the side of the screen (in open keyboard mode), especially on the right, feels uncomfortable because you always have to press on it. like for example, when you type in an internet address instead of pressing enter, you have to press the upper right key on the side of the screen that says "GO TO". duh.
21. other than that, it is expensive, exclusive and a serious phone that aims to organize your busy life =) cheers!!!!!