i ditched my Dell Axim 51v after 2 weeks last year. you can't just accomplish anything with that OS. WM is made for those who are in therapy. WM freezes on you at least once a day! obviously you don't know how to use Symbian and you judge it's speed by the opening of apps!Symbian will beat any WM in battery life by a factor of 2.
Seems to be an excellent and complete business phone but what about hanging issues... that nokia is known for.
Snail as in slow as.....Smybian+Nokia equals unacceptable LATENCY.You obviously haven't used a wm6 ROM on a ppc,it really does put nokia and the 'limited' symbian to shame.
E90 is definitely good SMARTPHONE but i'm not yet convinced. my 3yr old 9500 can do the same except 800x352 screen. maybe they need to tweak S60 and make it a bit more "S80ish"!
everything you said is true except about WM. i'd say imate is good but it has WM running and that makes it BAD!
Some more answers to your questions :
1) you can search contact by COMPANY NAME... Go to CONTACTS, OPTIONS, SETTINGS and choose te 2nd one (middle one) which is LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, COMPANY NAME
2) IM+ is working perfectly... I had the latest version 6.06. After emailing SHAPESERVICES I was informed that they are working to solve the problem and they sent me a previous version 6.05... installed and tried... all well...
3) Please stop comparing nolia E90 to any of the imate s... The one and only good thing abot imate is that it has Windows Pocket PC software... apart from that its a useless piece of...
E90 is faster than the JASJAR JAS JAM JAMJAM or whatever its called
I hve tried each and every communicator, each and every Ericson PDA as well as each and everyone of the Imate s...
I am not related to Mr Nokia... I dont have shares in the company... I have nothing against any of the other brands... AND NOTHING IN THE MARKET NOW CAN EVEN COME CLOSE TO COMPARE TO THE E90 :)
N.B. Iphone does not work outside the US... Them Americans are working on solving the AT&T problem... Will take a few months...
Any more questions???
The release date for th E90 seems to now be 30th july from O2 (UK) but only a handfull will be available, for the first batch the next batch will be every week or so growing in number
Nokia e90 is one the greatest cell gadget in the universe. i bought it today. you can see yahoo beta on this gadget. this set is more then anithing. please but this set and you dont need anything. if you have any problem sms me 880-2-01713046324/dhaka,bangladesh.
i work for o2 online sales, the official release date for this handset with us is the week commencing 16.07.07
I am a UK 02 user and I was looking forward to ordering my e90 on Monday 16th July (already 2 weeks late) and now i have called 02 and hear that it will take another two weeks to be released!
Does anyone have any idea regarding UK release dates?
Is tomtom navigator mobile 5 operating (now running on spv pocketpc m1000) on the e90? If so, do i only have to install from my disc? kind regards.
you don't need to worry about the memory on your E90. Symbian is very efficient at this. never compare jamjam or whatever it is called with Symbian. 20MB on 9500 is HUGE! open all 30 apps and you won't see any effect. do that on WM well you can wait for christmas!
I would like to know 3 things befoe buying:
1) I read sb complaining about use of IM+ (MSN connection) on that phone. Is it solved?
2) Can we see youtube videos on E90?
3) Is E90 faster/better than imate Jasjam ?
The RAM of imate is bigger...
please give the clear opinion abt the fone....n evry respect...usage n value for money....n is dis fone better than imate jasjam.....please let me know