Nokia Lumia 1020 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to wali @ 2015-03-31 07:23 from 6P{I - click to readYou can update to Denim if at&t Lumia 1020's are able to update to Denim. Doesn't depend on in which country you are with an at&t phone or any other carrier branded phone, it depends on the carrier and their update policies for their phones.
Best is to just check it via settings and software updates.

• 2015-04-01 00:15
  • 0wxc

> In reply to bri123 @ 2015-03-31 01:53 from FEBT - click to readNo problems here, sorry but if your phone has problems it doesnt mean that all have problems.Take it to Nokia Care.

• 2015-03-31 22:20
  • 3xja

Finally I updated 1020 to denim by installing the windows phone recovery tool on PC and,then I,connected my phone and it,appeared on the program. As i clicked it, the program showed the there is an update for the phone then I followed the steps and everything is fine now. Guys, I don't have any issues regarding the phone. I think it's the greatest phone ever made.

• 2015-03-31 19:41
  • Lb42

I have at&t lumia 1020 in Pakistan.can i denim update in Pakistan? Plz inform me

• 2015-03-31 07:23
  • 6P{I

I have had my Nokia Lumia 1020 for about six months now and at first I loved it. The pictures were amazing and the windows operating system was much less mainstream than apple. But about three months into it it began doing this thing where it turns off and will not turn on for anything causing me to reset it very often (I've done research and found that others had problems with this too). After I learned how to turn it back on again it was fine but a few days ago it completely froze when I tried to take a picture and overheated to the max, I put it in the freezer because that is supposed to shock the battery back to life and it did but when I tried to soft and hard reset it it showed a screen with a lightning bolt and a gear so I had to reset it using different buttons which finally turned it back on after it fell on me in the middle of the night and woke me up because it was burning hot (not very happy about that).And now the volume button is somehow permanently wedged into the phone so it causes the other buttons to freak out causing me to have to reset it about five times in one day. I worked very hard for the money to get this phone a d have treated it better and more carefully than others because of it so when it was in mint condition and began doing this it is safe to say I was going to have to get a new phone, preferably not this one. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this almost brand new phone until they fix all of this crap because had it not totally and completely crashed on its own the camera would have been worth the money. As it is I am writing this to hopefully save you all some wasted money. If you absolutely feel like you need this phone, as I did, I would recommend giving up on that dream or waiting a few years for Nokia to get their shit together.

• 2015-03-31 01:53
  • FEBT

> In reply to www @ 2015-03-23 10:18 from uNVC - click to readThe same thing is happening to me...the worst ever mobile phone experience.

• 2015-03-30 14:10
  • PVdi

I've got this Nokia 1020 for 6 months and i have to say there are only 2 issues.
1. Sometimes it has big lags when surfing on the internet
2. 3 times my screen has "frozen" idk how to call it -screen and the unlocking button isn't working. ( btw, my nokia 1020 has it now. The screen is stuck for more than 50 minutes right now). Someone can explain why this happens?

The good thing about this phone -BATTERY. Trust me!
I bought Sony z ultra- the battery is a disaster! ( only 2 hours when playing 3d game. And battery goes from 100% to 15% when watching a movie)
Nokia's battery survives ~ 7 hours when taking photos. I like almost everything in this phone- except those annoying screen lags!

• 2015-03-29 19:13
  • ScSQ

> In reply to Mike @ 2015-03-24 14:43 from fs@s - click to readbro its very simple....sign in to the Microsoft account u created when u purchased the phone...from there u can get the contacts back...

• 2015-03-27 00:19
  • P%jX

> In reply to Gurin @ 2015-03-24 05:07 from NmZw - click to readThq for your reply. Is it appear yours too...

• 2015-03-24 19:15
  • H4u{

I have a challenge; the Nokia Lumia 1020 updated the software; and thereafter my contacts dissapeared from the handset. Now i have to search in google contacts..which means when there is no acess to internet, i can not access contacts. Can someone help as to how i can upload back my contacts to the handset; and access same without connecting to the net??

• 2015-03-24 14:43
  • fs@s

My alarmclock suddenly went into "Mute" mode. Any suggestions how to de-activate mute?

• 2015-03-24 11:28
  • fjUe

> In reply to chellu @ 2015-03-23 07:43 from XMTP - click to readThat's not a problem. It's something all phones with this type of screen get. It only happens when the screen is showing black and usually only noticeable in the dark. It won't affect your screen at all otherwise and won't get worse. There is actually a term for it but I cant remember it at this stage

• 2015-03-24 05:07
  • NmZw

I am using this phone since summer 2013, and never had any battery issues whatsoever. Heating issues, no problem. It gets warm when you use it much, that is logical because it has a unibody design. I don't burn my hands from it, so I don't see a problem. Still using this phone, not as my daily driver at the moment because I do use the 930 now.

• 2015-03-23 18:40
  • 0wxc

> In reply to chellu @ 2015-03-23 07:43 from XMTP - click to readGuys iam getting good battery life....my phone just came back from nokia care..my battery back cover was replaced as my mic was spoiled...in warranty the replaced the battery back cover...as my phone was back to cyan...I upgraded to denim and only backed up...contacts and sms...and I installed only few apps that I really use...iam getting very good battery life...make sure your mail is set to hourly...make sure few apps are only allowed in the back ground...iam getting more than 24 hours in a single charge...with glance screen on..touble tap to unlock on...

• 2015-03-23 16:35
  • tE{6

> In reply to chellu @ 2015-03-23 07:43 from XMTP - click to readme too noticed a black line(seems to be drawn with a marker pen) at upper part of viewfinder at dark room
but not visible in picture or in other use....
Anyway its not a big issue
but battery life is my main concern.
i regret for buying this mobile for poor battery life (1/3rd of my note 2)..
I cant use camera that much,No game at all,only for miserable battery life.
Mobile become too hot with net surfing,minimal gaming.
Please god give punishment to microsoft and Nokia for destroing my hard earn cash.

• 2015-03-23 10:18
  • uNVC

Dear Friends,

Few days back i have noticed when i turn on my camera at deep dark room left side corner i.e., (Image viewer) i can see few black dots. whether is it default or any other issue. Kindly confirm and revert back to me immediately friends.

• 2015-03-23 07:43
  • XMTP

ok...1st tell me which is yr software version ?....Do one thing use nokia software tool to reset your phone to any previous version...and then try to update....make sure u do not.use yr back up settings...only take yr msg and contacts

• 2015-03-22 15:20
  • X}sx

Help me increase 1020 battery backup!

• 2015-03-22 05:00
  • rKJT

> In reply to jeCk @ 2015-02-12 10:06 from vx00 - click to readHi fiend,

I have recently purchased the lumia 1020, had some issues with the battery persformance, but afther some research and tweaking and making some changes i have a good performance with the battery, i have installed windows 8.1 now.

1) mail: put the mail to check every 15 minutes, this will save a lot of battery
2) dial ##3282 go down in the right corner where are tree points. touch there and will appear a menu select polling and put it on 7 o 9 i have it on 9 and the network on 2g
3) close all the backgroud applications
4) put the brigthess in auto, because when is at night will get dimmer automaticly, because there is no brigthess bar.
5) And the las, if you have windows 8.1 installed and have the shut down issue, testing the only way it will not shut down is having all the apps up to date.

thats all, sorry my bad english.

• 2015-03-22 01:57
  • LADi

> In reply to CoolFerry @ 2015-03-21 05:07 from utw2 - click to readalmost same I'm getting less than 10 hours battery life

• 2015-03-22 01:19
  • sX2r
Total of 3907 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1020.