Nokia Lumia 1020 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

nokia lumia 1020 at 6299 only

• 2014-10-22 10:32
  • Cb4H

Guys just wanted to share another experience with my 1020. Tried to open a password protected file on my 1020 and to my utter disbelief, the OS/software cited inability to open a password protected file. Same file i tried to open on my S4 and it opened!!

Unbeievable that a MS product doesnt opens up on its platform but does open on rival platforms.

Small issues like these really hinder the ability to use my 1020 as a complete mobile device..

Hard to believe that a platform launched by a company like MS is so deficient in doing even basic tasks

• 2014-10-21 11:05
  • tUc}

Is this phone having Dolby Digital Plus . I am not able to see any function related to this . Any one have any idea..

• 2014-10-21 09:12
  • rx26

can sum1 pls help me out? I am not very tech savvy and i need to buy a new Smartphone, it will be used for mainly photos & e-mails. I have a IMAC & IPAD but I'm not keen on getting the new IPHONE 6, can sum1 pls tell me which Smartphone has the'best' camera that is relatively easy to use?? Thankyou! P.S. I don't mind if it's expensive...

• 2014-10-21 02:57
  • vuD9

> In reply to Tiniwings @ 2014-10-17 14:26 from v}gP - click to readBro I've tried all this... But anyways I m getting it replaced.. N thanks alot...

• 2014-10-20 17:30
  • vG2j

Theam is not changing, shows only black and white option...somebody. Plz help me

• 2014-10-20 08:23
  • rKTp

> In reply to EmosS @ 2014-10-12 13:55 from nUxf - click to readwhen u see the screen in dark the thing which appears on the top left corner is a "proximity" and at the bottom right it's "gyro meter" so don't worry ...they r the sensors of the mobile .... :)

• 2014-10-19 22:26
  • rAe@

I got some trusted info about the next gen 1020 code name "magneto"

According to a source from Vietnam ,

It will feature a 30 MP 16 lens array camera with a 6.7 front camera + a rear xenon and led flash and front led flash.

and the guy also said some thing about a dual battery which is used in this phone and it can last for 3 weeks..

• 2014-10-19 06:24
  • teXj

> In reply to harsh nigam @ 2014-10-15 11:25 from vGia - click to readHi Harsh, Try with hard reset option, It may fix the issues some times, but you will lose your data.

Settings-->about--> reset your phone (at bottom)

• 2014-10-17 14:26
  • v}gP

> In reply to shiva @ 2014-10-13 18:56 from bC6r - click to readThat's not an issue, that is quite normal. The ois is not made to shake your hands like crazy but still to get a great pic. Especially in low light. Their is no way any ois in this world cand do that, at least not now anyway. But am sure, not soon either. Ois is for normal hands shake that everybody has when trying to get a pic. While the pic to get crazy good and blur free you still need some good light or lower the shutter speed to at least 1,2 s when their is dark while lowering the iso to 400, and keep lowering shutter speed till you get the right pic in dark. This requires no hands shake. Their is where ois shows it,s face.

• 2014-10-15 22:58
  • J5Gg

> In reply to Aadrian @ 2014-10-07 00:45 from 0wxc - click to readHave you experienced any hanging problems or lagging in the working of the phone? Plus i think there is a wirelss charger for 1020 with the extra equipment right?

• 2014-10-15 18:59
  • ijhA

My Lumia 1020 is one week old... It suddenly switches off n restarts automatically... N sometimes it also need to be rebooted also... Plz tell the reason and suggest some remedy also...

• 2014-10-15 11:25
  • vGia

awesome

• 2014-10-15 01:47
  • w43M

> In reply to Shiva @ 2014-10-13 12:52 from Q1K% - click to readThanks 4 the info

• 2014-10-14 21:25
  • J7T%

Hi, as I understand it, OIS can suppress only mild shakiness for e.g. Shakiness associated with our hands when we attempt to focus and take a photo. However motion blur caused due to a moving subject or extreme movement of your hands may not be suppressed by OIS.

• 2014-10-14 17:50
  • KAc5

Hi..i have been using lumia 1020 since past couple of weeks and yesterday I ran into an issue. Its more of a doubt related to OIS. When I take pictures and intentionally shake my hands, the picture appears to be shaky. Is it normal? With flash it works fine. The issue seems to be without flash. Please confirm by taking a pic and shaking the camera while clicking. Let me know your findings. Thanks in advance.

• 2014-10-14 05:24
  • Q1K%

Hi Viki,
I am an avid nokia user for past 11 years and have the privilege of using both the 808 purevew and 1020, By far these are the best camera phones Ever produced, thanks to Nokia. However it all stops there. This phones has reached end of life as announced by Microsoft recently. In comparison, LG G2 and Nexus will score more on most of the other areas like blitzing through web pages, or the sheer variety and enormity of the apps available. Do take some time off to read through the Gsmarena reviews which provides a detailed insight. IMHO, the 30K you pay for a dying product (trust you are based out of India) may not be worth it unless you are a shutter bug. You can either wait for a good deal on 1020 or go in for other smart phones (even S5 a good all rounder). Just my thought and hope it helps.

• 2014-10-13 23:34
  • KAdH

That's easy: the NOKIA 1020. The camera on this thing is excellent without requiring much skill, and absolutely mind-blowing once you REALLY learn how to use it. Windows Phone 8.1 is incredibly easy to learn and has more than enough apps to cover you if you're just a basic user.

The battery life is the one area where you might suffer but only if you take a lot of pictures... which you will start to do. Fortunately Nokia makes a special camera grip that has extra battery life built in. You can also buy one of Nokia's portable chargers (smaller than a pen case) that can keep your phone running all day.

• 2014-10-13 19:54
  • 48{C

Hi people..i have ran into an issue regarding my lumia 1020. This is regarding OIS. In low light when i use flash and while clicking a pic, i intentionaly shake my hand, the image held rock steady...but when i turn the flash off in low light and intentionaly hand shake while clicking a pic...it seems OIS dont work and i get a blurry image. Can anybody try this on their phones and confirm the issue...just turn the flash off in low light and shake hands while clicking a pic...and let me know the results..if pic gets blurry...thanks in advance..

• 2014-10-13 18:56
  • bC6r

> In reply to Viki @ 2014-10-12 10:36 from Hxf2 - click to readBuy a Lumia 1020 only if you are keen for photography. Both the phones you mentioned serve different target audience. Sadly, we live in a world where no smartphone is perfect. Lumia 1020 laughs at every other smartphone in market when it comes to camera. Rest, if you want features like android ecosystem, large screen real estate etc, you are going the right way with LG G2...

• 2014-10-13 12:52
  • Q1K%
Total of 3494 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1020.