Nokia Lumia 1320 - user opinions and reviews

8.1
8.0
8.1

WARNING : LONG AND LENGTHY REVIEW

I was looking for a phone for my family with large screen, which will serve the dual purpose of phone as well as tablet. So I zeroed in on Nokia Lumia 1320 and Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. My main reason for shortlisting these 2 brands was that their respective service centres are available within 3 Kms of my house.

Since I already owned a Lumia 730 and all my family members were familiar with the OS and UI, I finalised to buy the Lumia 1320. I was lucky to have got this phablet @ Rs. 13500 During the Amazon Republic Day sale. The cost of the phone in Poorvika / Univercell / The Mobile store is Rs. 17000 +.

I shall not narrate the specifications for this mobile, since the same can be found on any website.

Below are my comments based on 10 days of use;

Good 6 inch HD screen with good viewing angles. The display is crisp and the colours look natural. (I give 9 / 10)

The 5 MP rear Camera is good in day light conditions. However its JUST OK in the low light areas… ( I give 7 / 10). The front Camera is there only for name-sake.... please dont expect anything extra-ordinary (I give 5/10)

The Speakers are Loud. The quality is sufficiently OK ( I give 8 / 10)

Windows 8.1 Cyan with 1.7 Ghz Snapdragon processor … Navigation, multitasking, Touch etc work smooth as butter and no question whatsoever about lag ( I give 9 / 10)

Internal Memory is 8 GB. Out of which I got approx 4.1 GB Free. I have installed the very necessary apps only (I do not like much junk in my phone).

Angry birds, File Manager (There is No inbuilt File Manager… we had to download the app), Riptide GP (paid app), Subway Surfer, Talking Tom, Temple Run , Whatsapp, Google, You Tube, Weather, Ixigo Trains & Hotels, TOI, Word Web dicitionary, ABP News,

The aforesaid apps have consumed almost 800 mb of space and I am left with 3 GB of Internal Memory, Which is sufficient(for me)…( I give 9/10)

Spec-wise it claims to support 64 GB external Memory Cards…. About which I cannot say anything…. Since I loaded it with a 16 GB card and it is working smooth.

The RAM is 1 GB. Since windows OS uses RAM "wisely" ,all operations are smooth without any stutter of Lag. ( I Give 9/10).

Regarding the Built Quality…. The phone is made up of Plastic…. But it does not feel cheap…. Infact the phone has a premium look and solid built and the physical buttons are not creaky or loose. The back is very glossy and the finger prints are clearly visible.

The Non – Removable Batter capacity is 3400 Mah. The time taken to power it from 2-3% to 100% is almost 3 Hours. My Usage Patter is as follows; a. Telephone Calls of 2-3 Minutes duration: 8 – 10 calls per day b. Receiving / Reading SMS: 8 – 10 Messages c. Connected on WI-FI: 6 pm to 11 Pm d. Browsing the Net / Watching U-tube videos: 1 hour e. Playing Games: 2 Hours f. Listening to Music: 45 Minutes. With This Usage the Battery is lasting for 48 Hours.

This is quite good considering the 6 Inch HD Screen ( I Rate it 8 / 10)

GAMING : I have installed and played Subway Surfer, Temple Run, Angry Birds, Tom Cat, Dead Target -Zombie all are working fine without any lag or stutter whatsoever (I give 9/10)

Last. but not the least. The Call Quality is also very good. The voice is extremely clear to both the parties and there no disturbance of any kind (I Rate 9.5/10)

FINAL THOUGHTS

I AM 100% SATISFIED WITH THE PHONE AND WILL SURELY RECOMMEND IT TO ANY ONE WANTING TO PURCHASE IT…. GO FOR IT…..

• 2015-01-31 10:49
  • 2Tex

> In reply to Santhosh @ 2015-01-29 04:43 from PEdY - click to readThank u santosh

• 2015-01-29 20:30
  • U@Hn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-28 16:05 from KAeu - click to readAfter Denim Update you can find the "4G" Option in
Setings -> MOBILE + SIM -> Highest Connection Speed -> 4G

Note : Your Network Provider should Provide the 4G Connectivity or else you can struck up with 3G itself.

In India only certain places have 4G

• 2015-01-29 04:43
  • PEdY

Hallo friends I belong to India.I am using Lumia 1320,type RM-994.
Can my Lumia consume 4g data speed?Any body help me please.very urgent

• 2015-01-28 16:05
  • KAeu

I have Nokia Lumia 1320, before I can send my load to provider's given access number to avail of their promo, my load has already been deducted. I do not know what to deactivate or move from my settings. Please help me.

• 2015-01-28 05:38
  • 7Xuw

i have this phone...
im in cyan (windows phone 8.10.14219.341)...
but in extras+info i see "Lumia Denim"...!!!!!!so odd..!

• 2015-01-27 10:29
  • 3p@E

> In reply to PA @ 2015-01-26 19:16 from bCcT - click to readIm in ksa. I have my denim since december..

• 2015-01-27 08:23
  • ShvG

how to use lumia facebook messenger with fb calling plzzz help me

• 2015-01-27 04:37
  • H4w%

Hey Guys, I have 1320 (India) anyone getting Denim update?

• 2015-01-26 19:16
  • bCcT

I have successfully updated my system to newer o/s version but Phone Update is again asking for the same old updates. I have disabled Preview for Developers but still settings is showing all as pending updates. This is really weird as the most latest update shown in list is the one already running :).

• 2015-01-26 11:22
  • Mfx{

> In reply to Ingrid an AsianGamer @ 2014-12-27 16:45 from 7X2C - click to readThis sounds like a space issue, or more precisely a lack of. It's always good practice to make sure you have plenty of free space on your internal drive/s to allow updates to do there thing as efficiently as possible. The OS needs it whilst its downloading, writing and installing updates. The good thing is it only needs that space temporarily whilst it updates so back up your files to another hard drive delete from phone then when your updates completed put the files back on your phone.

• 2015-01-24 20:14
  • m9GC

bro im using lumia 1320 im from india ...did anybody from my place got denim update

• 2015-01-24 16:00
  • w43M

Unfortunately it’s the worst phone I used
And I will never ever buy it again

• 2015-01-24 00:17
  • JATy

> In reply to Andy @ 2015-01-15 16:05 from t}AX - click to readThe only real way is a hardware hack that involves taking the IR lens of the camera lens. I wouldn't bother if you don't know what I am talking about especially as you will need an IR illumination

• 2015-01-24 00:08
  • m9GC

> In reply to Santhosh @ 2015-01-22 12:49 from PEdY - click to readIs this from developer preview...

• 2015-01-23 16:59
  • iwpK

> In reply to vicky @ 2015-01-23 13:02 from HktK - click to readIs that developer preview

• 2015-01-23 16:58
  • iwpK

Microsoft has anounced w10 update for Lumia 435 & 735, can we also expect for 1320 ?

• 2015-01-23 13:02
  • HktK

My mobile cell ask me, please reboot your phone.
Plz assist how to reboot this nokia lumia 1320, I tried several times to press volume down and power button but it not rebooted.

Plz assist

• 2015-01-23 09:33
  • fXqB

My mobile cell ask me, please reboot your phone.

Plz assist

• 2015-01-23 09:32
  • fXqB

will this thing get windows 10 ?

• 2015-01-22 21:34
  • akki
Total of 2462 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1320.