Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

MY REVIEW ON NOKIA LUMIA 1520 (denim update) Pros 1) bigger and better 2)good battery life 1.5 days with heavy use (browsing internet using WiFi,gaming,watching video 3)best mobile camera ever 4)sharp crisp and bright full HD display 5)32 GB inbuilt memory and up to 128 GB memory card support 6)best sound quality 7) smooth touch Cons 1)OS not feel solid 2)no app lock support 3)no background download support 4)no cellular video call support 5)touch problem- when you set touch sensitivity high cortana appear again and again 6)not support true multitasking like Symbian

• 2015-05-16 08:03
  • P$bD

So just so i get this straight, the Lumia Denim update is only available to some Nokia Lumia 1520 phones depending on their IMEI number and Firmware version?

• 2015-05-16 06:01
  • q8UC

> In reply to Michael @ 2015-05-13 06:16 from 81IA - click to readAnd please improve the following: ~Contacts get automatically linked when you sign in with your Microsoft account and they start syncing to your new phone. Ones they are linked, you have to unlink them one by one! If you don't unlink them, then it.s a whole mess to understand who has called you or texted you.. ~Please give people the option to chose between tiles menu and a regular desktop menu (this is very easy to implement!)

• 2015-05-14 16:47
  • RbqB

Microsoft: When will you fix the web rendering engine? This is the only major issue in all windows phones that is still not fixed after all of the 8.1 updates! Half of the websites don't render properly (not displayed properly) no matter which browser you use (including on Lumia 1520 phone) . I don't want to Switch to any Android device because of their bad touch interface and bad text auto correction which together make typing lots of text a nightmare!

• 2015-05-13 06:16
  • 81IA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-11 15:57 from th9I - click to readHardware aside, do you like android Or windows phone? If it's android buy Note4, if WP buy 1520.

• 2015-05-12 10:38
  • CAPR

> In reply to zaiibi @ 2015-05-11 06:57 from 9xRh - click to readDear Zaibi M using Lumia 820, 1520 windows phn in Pakistan. I m a heavy user of internet, office n messaging applications. Once in a while facing problem of hanging in windows. Internet is good. Mobilink edge is fast enough in 1520. Whereas I used many androids HTC, Sony even galaxy s4. Most of them rubbish. Specially Samsung phns. They r earning thru advertisement n not thru quality. Huawei is very good when it is coming to hanging. They don't hang and irritate. For any help, u r welcome.

• 2015-05-12 08:42
  • sSxX

1520 or note 4?

• 2015-05-11 15:57
  • th9I

> In reply to zaiibi @ 2015-05-11 06:57 from 9xRh - click to readI don't think sending a video will help in this matter neither will I agree with what you were told about windows phone beings slower in internet speed compared to Android powered devices that's false. Even when I am in EDGE coverage area my internet speeds have been decent. 3G&4G on my 1520 are quiet fast though our 4G in Kenya is under testing it's extremely fast on this phone. I won't say all 1520s are perfect may be yours has a problem somewhere BUT before you take it for a check-up it's always recommended to try a hard reset and in a case like yours make sure you are using the correct &up-to-date internet setting. I will be lying if I say I can solve this problem especially that we are so many miles apart!! And whoever told you that generally Androids are faster than WPs is crazy in his/her head! If your phone is having problems with wp8.1 please stay away from Windows 10 TP for phones and wait for more stable builds

• 2015-05-11 14:58
  • rvvq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-11 02:14 from utxJ - click to readhi bro all you need is to download 'windows insider 'app from store and log in. then you are requested to accept some terms and conditions over there, after that just go tp phone settings>update u can find a new update WP 10.1 enjoyyyy

• 2015-05-11 11:42
  • XQrE

> In reply to Kenswiss @ 2015-05-10 22:36 from CANn - click to readits 5 times slower than android, plz tell me your skype id or whatsapp no so I can send you video, I went to mobilink franchise who is leading internet service provider in Pakistan. They informed me windows are slowest phone than others, and tell me how to update 8.1 to windows 10

• 2015-05-11 06:57
  • 9xRh

Dear friends, I am eagerly waiting for windows 10 update and i dont know how to install this, in my lumia 1520. Many users opinion I saw they write already installed windows 10 in their phones. I did update 8.1 and denim through settings option in my phone. But when I do update now it is showed your phone is already up to date. Please I am not know much things regarding this, if any person explain me then I understand what is the actual matter. BG, India

• 2015-05-11 02:14
  • utxJ

> In reply to zaiibi @ 2015-05-07 09:58 from 9xRh - click to readSometimes 3G/4G problems may not be caused by the phone but the service provider and it's solved by internet settings refresh.You didn't say what your problem is so am unable to help

• 2015-05-10 22:36
  • CANn

Is it still avaible or discontinued? What is the good deal for a new one? thanks.

• 2015-05-10 20:30
  • rXT}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-23 13:53 from RJ7v - click to readyes is the answer.. am using it since 6 months now and its fine!

• 2015-05-10 07:07
  • TjQ5

Dear friends, I am eagerly waiting for windows 10 update and i dont know how to install this in my lumia 1520. Many users opinion I saw they write already installed windows 10 in their phones. I always did update 8.1 and denim through seatings option in my phone. But when i do update now it is show your phone is up to date. Please i am not know much things regarding this, if any person explain me then I understand what is the actual matter. BG, India

• 2015-05-10 02:11
  • utxA

> In reply to myca @ 2015-05-08 18:49 from v0qZ - click to readYes, Timple Run 2 is available in the store.

• 2015-05-09 01:25
  • v0qT

Can i donwload temple run for free in this phone?

• 2015-05-08 18:49
  • v0qZ

> In reply to Kenswiss @ 2015-05-03 15:46 from rvXe - click to readi live in pak i have 1520 updated on 8.1 but facing issues in 3g and 4g, what to do dont know?

• 2015-05-07 09:58
  • 9xRh

Extremely good phone; umm, as long as you handle it like a piece of glass. I had mine for two weeks and dropped it on a case protected edge from less than 10 inches and the screen busted. I figured clumsy me, ordered a screen, and replaced same. What I discovered when I opened the phone is that 100% of the structural integrity of this phone isprovided by the screen and ONLY the screen. Not a good design.

Two months later, the second screen cracked in the middle, right across. This is a known issue with the phone, so much so that even though I voided the warranty, Nokia aka Microsoft Mobile was kind enough to send me a Lumia 830 as a replacement.

I figure if one uses this phone, keeps it in their purse, you might have a shot. But if you are going to use a pocket or even a belt mount, forget it. The unit is simply too fragile. Even the 830 they so graciously gave me I am having doubts about.

• 2015-05-05 16:28
  • T7As

After installing windows 10 on my lumia 820, it doesn't recognize my Bluetooth head set (Jabra). Any suggestions? Overall working well.
Tks

• 2015-05-04 12:09
  • uW$D
Total of 3082 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.