Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

1) It is a Pineapple and NOT an orange or an apple. So I would not compare it to any other mobile on Android or iOS platform.
2) It is BIG, BULKY, AWKWARD and SWEET very much like a Pineapple. But there will always be people who does not like Pineapple.

Saying the above, it has been a constant companion to me for the last 3 months. It has been a companion for my Laptop. It has been a companion for my mobile requirements (call/msg/surf/video). And most of all, it has been a constant companion for my DSLR.

Since I have invested on this phone, the amount of time I spend on my Laptop has reduced drastically. How it has reduced, I'm yet to figure out. Maybe, I'm checking my Office Exchange, Gmail and Outlook under the same roof. Maybe my calender is synced in better. Maybe, the browsing experience is better. Maybe it has a great camera. Or maybe, I just like the phone.

With the availability of the dedicated camera button, life has become more pictorial. Snap and Share. Simple. I don't worry about the quality. It is perfect companion for your DSLR where you do not want to go around carrying your bulky DSLR. And then there's the RAW file for fanatics to edit around. Loads of Editing Apps in the store (Lumia Creative Studio, Fotor, etc.).

Extra few bits, wonderful clarity and at times would give an AMOLED a hard time. Daytime clarity is very good. Images and Videos are bright, clear and crisp. Good sound quality. Funnily enough, albeit being a 6-incher, it fits quite comfortably and doesn't feel a bit hefty.

• 2014-11-12 16:22
  • Nvxj

> In reply to Roger @ 2014-11-11 06:37 from fsWq - click to readgo for a 1520

• 2014-11-12 03:19
  • v{u5

> In reply to HGS @ 2014-11-07 18:02 from w4fa - click to readPls don't buy and I am using for 8 months and I get no signal when other party calling me from the date of purchase and no successor also and no night front camera so go for note 4 or Z3

• 2014-11-12 00:29
  • v{uF

> In reply to Roger @ 2014-11-11 06:37 from fsWq - click to readGo for note 4 or z3 its been 1 year still no successor announced

• 2014-11-12 00:26
  • v{uF

> In reply to Roger @ 2014-11-11 06:37 from fsWq - click to readbro go for 1520

• 2014-11-11 11:45
  • uuaa

It is almost 40k. So costly in india, that people who are willing to actually use windows platform cant!
As the low and mid windows phones don't provide the required necessary specifications which are readily available in android at a much less price! At this rate, they can never grasp market with their flagship range.

• 2014-11-11 08:57
  • rAed

> In reply to Roger @ 2014-11-11 06:37 from fsWq - click to readU dont care about size.. Go for 1520
U care about size.. 930
930 is small and compact. Features are almost the same. :)

• 2014-11-11 08:53
  • rAed

Please advice me on which one is the better to buy,lumia 1520 or lumia 930.its urgent

• 2014-11-11 06:37
  • fsWq

no i dont think you can play clash of clans i have a lumia 520 and i cant download it so i dont think that you would be able to get it on the 1520

• 2014-11-11 04:03
  • 9BQB

> In reply to Riniss @ 2014-11-07 21:47 from mD6v - click to readHi,
. Go for 1520 if u like 6inch diplay,20mp camera,hansome design,powerful like a beast,but when to try to take pics in complete dark ur are going to suffer from serious blur
. On the hand Lumia 1020 is good for those who are crazy about pics,my first windows phone was 1020, even from the darkness of hell u can take crytal clear pic thanks to huge xenon flashlight
. if flash light is about I would like to take torchlight with me with 1520 to deal with blur
. the most important part ur hands length mine is about 8inch from top of my centre finger to end of my hand ✋.I don't know whether my hand tall or short but iam unable to use 1520 in one hand better check in near Nokia dealers
. I would suggest 1520.in my opinion 1520 is all-rounder
thankyou

• 2014-11-10 16:01
  • ITmi

I own Lumia 1520(red)32gb,the very first problem is iam unable to take clean shots in the nights, photos get blur and sometimes myphone gets very hot,rest is good,it is beautifully made ilove the design,but I want Microsoft to think about os,because even if iam paying 9k iam going to get same technology.so,I have to pay 49k(in rupee)to get good hardware. At the last Nokia 1520 or any other device of nokia is far more better than phone maker

• 2014-11-10 15:47
  • ITmi

go for it

• 2014-11-10 10:22
  • Pxxc
  • brand x 09125277399
  • Rating0

> In reply to Riniss @ 2014-11-07 21:47 from mD6v - click to readchoose 1520...because it is the only high-end smartphone of lumia that has a microSD card slot, for me, having a card slot is important especially for backing up your important pictures, also the camera quality is also the best, check the reviews and also the comparison of camera quality...

• 2014-11-09 13:24
  • SvMZ
  • brand x 09125277399
  • Rating0

i want to buy this phone...it has a microSD card slot...how much is it now anyway?

• 2014-11-09 13:19
  • SvMZ

Cam someone explain whats Wireless Charging?

• 2014-11-09 01:42
  • mD6v

I Think Win 8.1 should be upgraded because win 8.1 is a youg os and it cannot satsfy users needs.it needs various specs and nokia 1520 should recieve the next upgrade because its a nice phone and i like it

• 2014-11-08 09:51
  • fu%U

i need suggestion from someone, i dont know if i should get Lumia 1020,930 0r 1520... i know that lumia 1020 have 41 megapixel and all that but i really love 6 inch screen of 1520,strong battery life and also sd card, also wanted to ask its the same quality camera of 930 and 1520 i mean 20 megapixel camera? also its big difference in camera of 1020 and 1520?? whhat you suggest? im a big fan of camera, hope someone will answer and help, thanks.

• 2014-11-07 21:47
  • mD6v

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-01 01:03 from kaJ1 - click to readso it is ok to buy a nokia lumia 1520..
bcoz after seeing these all things i don't gone to buy it..

i was planing for byu a new 1520..
if it is still ok to buy send me reply...

• 2014-11-07 18:02
  • w4fa

Can this phone run the Windows 8.1? If it can, should I instal this version or I can buy phone already runing 8.1?

• 2014-11-07 12:04
  • snRL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-02 04:31 from Hkt9 - click to readYou have to download all the attachments on the phone before you forward them, else they are left out.

• 2014-11-06 11:33
  • HktH
Total of 2679 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.