Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

Hi guys does anybody know how to create app folders on home screen? I believe this is possible with 8.1, if yes please let me know. Thanks in advance

• 2014-10-21 19:58
  • Hkt9

> In reply to Genius @ 2014-10-20 04:44 from rr1L - click to readthat's a lot of love.....:-)
good to know that, upgrade to 8.1 if u havent done still
u will be amazed

• 2014-10-21 14:53
  • vGqi

> In reply to dev @ 2014-10-19 05:50 from 7tBs - click to readtell us when exactly does it hang. what were u doing before it hung.

i had never faced any lag or hang kind of, if you do then let us know when how and what happens, may be we can help you with a solution.

thanks

• 2014-10-21 14:40
  • vGqi

Hello,

I love this phone, I wish there is a another way of saying it,...,. But I love love love....

The experience is as smooth as ever. It's amazing.

Thanks Nokia, Microsoft and Windows...

God bless.

• 2014-10-20 04:44
  • rr1L

1520 is a monster guys i m proud of it

• 2014-10-19 10:29
  • w47J

My Lumia 1520 not respond after hang and switch off plz suggest any idea any one the phone is under warrenty plz help me guys

• 2014-10-19 05:50
  • 7tBs

guys which phones between nokia lumia 1520 and nokia lumia 930 is most expensive?

• 2014-10-18 20:51
  • NwFH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-03 06:53 from vpdd - click to readOnly god knows

• 2014-10-17 17:20
  • iwpK

> In reply to AVS @ 2014-09-02 19:31 from HsJf - click to readEven I'm facing same problem and even after reset of my phone I'm facing the same problem ....... What to do!?????

• 2014-10-16 19:39
  • rJZq

Its the best phone of lumia series i use this phone personally its the best,camera quality is best and its a good piece

• 2014-10-16 05:03
  • rAgs

> In reply to SFKL @ 2014-10-13 07:22 from HjA@ - click to readBoth are good phones - Same capable camera, good designs, same processors, different but good screen.

Still both have something different to offer. 1520 has SD card, bigger battery (best till date in any phone-check gsmarena review), glance support, king size screen.

930 has comfortable size and comes in new colors.

To me battery and glance screen were important and I choose 1520 and am very happy with it. You can choose any based on what meet your requirement. Both are awesome phones and you will not be disappointed.

• 2014-10-15 08:39
  • JaB0

> In reply to SFKL @ 2014-10-13 07:22 from HjA@ - click to readI have both the 1520 and the 930 and I would recommend you go for the 930. The specs are the same. It's just that the 930 is easier to handle.
The 930 does get a little bit hotter then the 1520 when used heavily, but I would say it's nothing out of the ordinary and differently nothing to wary about.
Also, just as a personal preference, I like the AMOLED on the 930 better.
Both for the 1520 and the 930 you can mirror your screen to a TV via "Project my screen" option - miracast protocol, provided that you TV supports miracast.
Hope this helps.

• 2014-10-14 19:21
  • PvGM

> In reply to aisha @ 2014-10-08 13:53 from apNL - click to readIts window 8 and now upgraded to 8.1

• 2014-10-14 14:47
  • Bp{7

I am interested in this phone, to me it is either this or 930 and I am more towards this one because 930 is very hot to touch. But I was wondering fellow Nokians/Lumians, for 1520, can I mirror it with my TV and if yes, how do I do that? Cable or that DLNA thing? Please do reply. Thanks!

• 2014-10-13 07:22
  • HjA@

> In reply to peterwongdude @ 2014-10-11 07:56 from Y7Tc - click to readNo such issues for me. I am using this device for last 8 months (unlocked India version). Infact couple of days, while I leave for office at 99%, when I come back at 6 PM, phone still has 80-85% charge with WhatsApp thru the day, push office email and couple of calls. My iPhone earlier used to be 40% and nexus almost use to die.

This is one of the reasons I like the phone

You should do a soft reset (volume key + power). Probably some app in the loop

• 2014-10-11 16:19
  • dTi}

Is anybody having phone battery draining problem when your phone is in sleep mode and the battery gets consumed while the phone gets hot and when you open the phone it will say Loading... or Resuming... takes a while to load so I usually restart the phone. Is this a phone problem or a software problem hope the Lumia Denim update fixes this issue.
Good battery life though speed and camera images.

• 2014-10-11 07:56
  • Y7Tc

> In reply to Rod @ 2014-10-05 22:15 from t7Xh - click to readsounds like this clown bought an Iphone but was so frustrated he wasnt sure what it was and ended up on the nokia forum. My opinion, he doesnt own a 1520.

• 2014-10-10 23:33
  • McKg

Hello guys,
here I am going to tell you outcomes of my experience with my Lumia 1520,
Uses & Outcomes:
a). Screen Size & Handset: Monster 6 inch & quite easy to hand
b). Speaker: extra loud with 2 Volume mode (system & Music) is best other than Android & MAC-OS etc.
c). Camera: amazing 20 MGPL with creative studio box; even front-acing 1.2 MGPL with cystal clear quality & dual LED flash.
d). Battery Life: (i) stand-by (Call, Music, Videos, little surfing, little gaming) = 3-4 days; (ii) Internet Mode = 1+ days.
(iii) Gaming Mode = 1 day

e). Application Run-time: too fast with DDR3 2 GB RAM along with 2.2 GHZ Snapdragon 800 & never hang-up.
f). Speech Recognition: in-built & amazing, excellent & best ever now.
g). Display & glance: display is really mono with Live tiles as none of the them (other smartphones) in the mobile market are having.

Calender Reminders, Cloud storage is best than other smartphones.
In short, Lumia 1520 is Monster Phablet now.

• 2014-10-10 18:38
  • vIY$

> In reply to Splash @ 2014-10-06 22:21 from 6ufW - click to readSo sorry ur lumia 1520 broke but I have d same experience n mine never cracked nor chipped. My Lumia has fallen severally n never broken. Never.

• 2014-10-10 14:58
  • r3He

This Smartphone very user friendly

• 2014-10-10 10:46
  • utDZ
  • F
Total of 2620 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.