Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

Btw guys. My battery drain issue has been solved. When we are updating it to WP 8.1, a hard-reset is a must. Before that you have to backup the app+data settings. I backed up all my photos n videos in my laptop. They erased the phone memory as well as sd card. Then as pointed out by the other mate, I changed the email account download to hourly.
And this helped me to return to the good old days of battery backup like wp 8.

Battery drain has finally been solved. However, I had to reinstall all apps... Not an issue..

Thanks for your help guys.

• 2014-07-25 17:32
  • fCx}

> In reply to Mayur @ 2014-07-25 16:19 from 5F{E - click to readMY Lumia 1520 battery last whole day with Moderate use.It's Not bad for a Device like 1520.So battery life is good as compared to high class android phones.

• 2014-07-25 16:48
  • rAU{

• 2014-07-25 16:43
  • rAU{

Hi prahlad,
Battery life? is it very bad after the update as mentioned by Anoop in his comments.
How long does you battery last?

• 2014-07-25 16:19
  • 5F{E

Really amazing experience after updating to Lumia cyan.its more smoother than before and more user freindly.The background screen,notification center,new improved camera and Many More.This update is just amazing all new experience to windows phone.The only problem is that battery life is not as good as windows8 black.

• 2014-07-25 15:40
  • rA@E

> In reply to sandy25 @ 2014-07-25 03:29 from uta6 - click to readEven I was in such dilemma, which to choose between Lumia 1520 and Note3. I chose the latter and repenting a lot! But you don't do the same mistake!

• 2014-07-25 14:39
  • 7tCs

I am an apple freak but seeing the battery drain so easily i had to buy another phone and within few months I have switched over from Samsung Note 3 to Samsung S5 and now on Sony Xperia Z2, there's still something missing i guess. I ordered the NOKIA 1520 lets see how it goes. Anything i should keep in Mind? Please throw in your suggestions. Would love to know more about Windows.

• 2014-07-25 14:25
  • utBj

when Lumia Cyan 8.1 will be available for Lumia 1520 in Dubai (UAE)

• 2014-07-25 13:13
  • 3YfW

> In reply to tom @ 2014-07-24 08:58 from 9AdB - click to readbasic you need to restore factory settings for win 8.1 best experience, backing up your data on onedrive or other device.

• 2014-07-25 10:29
  • nDNa

> In reply to sandy25 @ 2014-07-25 03:29 from uta6 - click to readHi,actually wat is ur main usage of ur phone?camera?music?internet?games?or app stuffs?wat do u use mainly?

• 2014-07-25 09:39
  • rKHg

> In reply to Anoop @ 2014-07-24 12:46 from P$wY - click to readThank u my frnd,i actually don't need any features,all i want is good camera,goooooood battery backup,i use a lot of music stuffs,and little internet for chating.about features.... Wp black is enough for me.because battery backup is very very important for me.i just don't want my battery sucked.by the way once again thank you....

• 2014-07-25 09:30
  • rKHg

Hi friends,
I upgraded my mobile to 8.1 , no such issues to complain.
Pls advise how to play videos on moliplayer,got by bluetooth.

• 2014-07-25 07:50
  • YQy1

Hi. Updated to 8.1 about 2 days back. Some of my complaints from WP8 are solved.

Battery life is not affected.still getting 28-30hrs.
Phone is become smoother to operate. Music app can now create playlist without connecting to PC.
Action centre is a boon.

Volume can now be separately set for media and phone. In general, more setting options.
More apps available now.

Definitely its a big difference.
And all for good reasons.

• 2014-07-25 03:31
  • vbT@

guys I've never used any windows phones but used lot of android phones, i'm utter confused between note3 and lumia 1520... please suggest me which one to go for.

• 2014-07-25 03:29
  • uta6

I have been running the 8.1 preview on my phone for a few weeks now, and I can honestly say I have not seen a difference in the battery life. I am a heavy user, I use my phone as my main web browser and have 4G and WiFi on all day. I watch YouTube videos and constantly use messaging apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. I get about 30 hours per charge, which was roughly what I got before the update. The one thing I have noticed is that game performance is not as good as it was before the update (Most specifically for Angry Birds Go).

• 2014-07-24 18:01
  • Mm7q

Anoop has shared his experience after upgrading to 8.1, others also kindly share there observations on the performance after upgrading to 8.1.

• 2014-07-24 13:47
  • 5F{E

> In reply to rocks raj @ 2014-07-24 08:20 from GRQq - click to readYes Raj. After updating to 8.1, my phone is sucking more power. Battery lasts only for 6 to 7 hrs, if data traffic is kept on.

When the phone was in WP 8, the battery lasted up to 20-28 hrs even when data traffic was on. (Mixed usage of 3g and 2g during this period).

• 2014-07-24 12:46
  • P$wY

Updated my lumia 1520 to 8.1 official last night. Sadly something went wrong. I lost alot of saved data. Internet explorer is a nightmare to use, the overall interface is laggy and not smooth at all :( does anyone know what I should do?

• 2014-07-24 08:58
  • 9AdB

> In reply to Anoop @ 2014-07-23 18:24 from fCx$ - click to readCheck all your email account settings. Change your download email period to "the past month" instead of "any time". This will greatly improve the battery time.

Also few operations have changed. For Screenshot, you have to click Volume UP + Power button.

• 2014-07-24 08:39
  • vbNt

> In reply to Anoop @ 2014-07-23 18:24 from fCx$ - click to readBut normally when you update ur phone the battey backup will get low.but u r saying battery drains.is it sucking that much of power?

• 2014-07-24 08:20
  • GRQq
Total of 2211 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.