gabe, 26 Sep 2015Does the phone connect to T-Mobiles LTE network? I'm in CaliforniaI have used Lumia 1520 (Global version) RM 937 (235) with T-Mobile sim in San Francisco & Las Vegas with 4-G sim card. However got only 3-G signals with H+ speed.
The US 4-G LTE bands are different then those in the Global version RM 937.
However the 3-G speed was very good with negligible buffer.
Veera, 21 Sep 2015have you tried windows 10 using windows installer ??I have tried the beta version of the OS 10, since its still beta they are some things missing like the Office document isn't no longer part of the OS 10 for windows devices, avoid downloading the OS, I'd rather suggest yo'll wait for the final version, some things dont work so well with the phone so, I've decided to wait for the version when its ready for the market and vice versa.
Plz any suggest me which phone is best Nokia lumia 1520 or Sony xperia Z3 i love windows os and quality of sony
If you are still using this phone or wish to buy this phone donÂ’t be afraid of signal problems. I am using this phone for last 6 months. Was also facing this, was rather dejected. However was also trying continue to find out some solutions. Finally I got solution and it is working like a charm and happily using one of the best phone ever used/produced by Nokia.
Take 5-6 pieces (can be less if compartment of your sim card holder refusing to close) of thin copper wire in size 3-4 inches from electric wire normally we use. Rape it in few cycles on the metal holder of your sim card and take it out from sim card door. Now it is 1 inch or so is out. Add some more extra wire to it. Either with tape stick it on back of your mobile or if you are using kind of protective casing, hide it behind it.
It will definitely improve your signaling as it did for me.
Aitor Mitrouser, 16 Sep 2015yeah, you can, just download the windows insider app and check for updateshave you tried windows 10 using windows installer ??
Anne, 23 Aug 2015Hi lumia 1520 owners, i just want to know if the screen of this phone is fragile and does it r... moreHi Anne.. About the screen, i can say its great. My lumia has already fallen three times on the ground facing screen side but still after 1 and a half year, i cannot find any scratches on the screen.
Is if safe upgrade to Windows 10 thru "windows Insider"?
since it is warning that the installation may break the license and warranty
I love the NOKIA, for ever.
it was my Legendary Mobile Phone at all.
I'm using The NOKIA LUMIA 1520 Now.
it is amazing to use it.
I'm hopeful for coming back the NOKIA to the Top Of Mobile devices Mount Royal !!!
Siyabonga Woji, 05 Sep 2015Yes it is upgradable to windows 10. I am running Windows 10 now but the developersHi Siyabonga,
Is windows phone 10 for Nokia Lumia 1520 available already?
I need to update mine as well, Windows phone 8.1 sacks
I had this mobile for more than 18 months and here is a thorough review.
Good things -
This phone is a beast. Got a powerful processor, good RAM and i had 64GB SD card so it is like my mini computer. I play games a lot. I never faced any lag with any sort of game. Even between switching apps in the middle of a game and coming back to the game was so smooth. This phone handles multi tasking very well.
The camera was so awesome that I stopped using my bulky DSLR camera. The camera can record 4K video which is another added advantage. Though the front camera wasn't that exciting, it produced some decent pictures.
The display resolution is so high that the text and images appear so clear and crisp. Watchin movies for long time doesn't cause much strain as the display is 6".
I use the phone for almost everything. Navigation, voice command, GPS based reminders, activity tracking, document viewing/editing, remote desktop controlling, Microsoft Lync communicator etc. So basically i will be connected over my cellular data all the time. With such heavy load, the phone battery will still last for 24 hours. I never had to charge in middle of the day. The battery life is too good.
Now lets see what is truly bad about this phone -
1. The front camera - I wish they had positioned the front camera a little lower. The camera is located at the top, its is close to the glass curve and due to that if there is a light source above your head, the light reflected on the edges will cause a purple glare which becomes annoying most of the time.
2. The soft keys at the bottom are too sensitive. Most of the times i end up hitting the windows key or the cortana search key.
3. The biggest issue with the phone is the display touch. I have had issues for past 6 months with the display touch. It is a very common issue with all the owners. It is a manufacturing defect. That is what i could say. The three soft keys gets pressed by itself most of the time. Even though I keep the phone down, the display just keps switching, cortana popping up by itlself and it will get so annoying in middle of a phone call or while using navigation. The touch randomly works at different pressure points on the screen and i had clearly expeienced with Hungry Shark game. Touch even becomes unresponsive most of the times. The only way to make it responsive is to lock the screen and then unlock. Some times that doesn't work. As the screen doesn't respond to touch, restarting your phone is impossible except by force shutdown shortcut keys (volume down + power key for 10 seconds). I had to restart atleast 10 times a day to fix the issue. I thought of changing the display controller but the reviewers had mentioned the problem to reoccur even with the new display. It appears to me ( i could be wrong here) that the display some how is under lot of stress from the body casing. That is what is causing the touch to work random. This is the only reason i would never recommend this phone to any one.
4. This is a software issue - The three soft keys doesn't turn off while watchin videos or playing games which becomes very very annoying at dark. Dimming the display brightness doesn't dim the keys. It caused lot of strain to the eyes. Microsoft can fix this issue if they are aware of it.
5. Phone heats up a lot but considering the processing power and huge display, it is unavoidable.
Overall it would have been a great phone if the display touch were good.
I forgot to mention, I lost my tolerance with the touch issue as explained in point three, i threw the phone while i was trying to access and touch not letting me to get in the phone. I was trying to enter the pin number to unlock but it typed some random numbers and kept locking the phone which irritated me a lot. Now the phone got a good hit on the floor, causing the display to pop out a little bit on side and i guess the phone is messed up as i couldn't access the camera, the loud speaker is not working. I guess i will be switching to a decent android phone after a long time.
bye bye lumia series. I have had enough with you.
Nickname15, 12 Sep 2015Actually, I never had such issues... The only issue I had is... None actually :). In my opinio... moreI had only one issue with this phone is with the touch screen. There is no way i could predicut if the touch will respond to me or not. Everytimes the touch becomes unresponsive, i had to lock the screen and then unlock again. Sometimes even that doesn't help. Had to force restart by holding the volume down and power keys because the touch slide down to shutdown won't work. Atleast i had to restart ten times a day to fix the issue. Finally I lost my patience and broke the phone. Yeah i lost 550$ but i am happy with a basic android phone now.
My main problem was overheat. In summer the heat is so intense even the LCD get yellow zones in the upper screen. One day gets so hot the 1525 turns off by itself for 1 hour. and need to put in the freeze inside an plastig bag to cool it down. Is a nice hot-phone...
Allan, 08 Sep 2015It's impossible that you haven't experienced Issues with Lumia 1520 such as:
1) Text inside s... moreActually, I never had such issues... The only issue I had is... None actually :). In my opinion this is the perfect smartphone.