Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

I have been running the 8.1 preview on my phone for a few weeks now, and I can honestly say I have not seen a difference in the battery life. I am a heavy user, I use my phone as my main web browser and have 4G and WiFi on all day. I watch YouTube videos and constantly use messaging apps such as WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. I get about 30 hours per charge, which was roughly what I got before the update. The one thing I have noticed is that game performance is not as good as it was before the update (Most specifically for Angry Birds Go).

• 2014-07-24 18:01
  • Mm7q

Anoop has shared his experience after upgrading to 8.1, others also kindly share there observations on the performance after upgrading to 8.1.

• 2014-07-24 13:47
  • 5F{E

> In reply to rocks raj @ 2014-07-24 08:20 from GRQq - click to readYes Raj. After updating to 8.1, my phone is sucking more power. Battery lasts only for 6 to 7 hrs, if data traffic is kept on.

When the phone was in WP 8, the battery lasted up to 20-28 hrs even when data traffic was on. (Mixed usage of 3g and 2g during this period).

• 2014-07-24 12:46
  • P$wY

Updated my lumia 1520 to 8.1 official last night. Sadly something went wrong. I lost alot of saved data. Internet explorer is a nightmare to use, the overall interface is laggy and not smooth at all :( does anyone know what I should do?

• 2014-07-24 08:58
  • 9AdB

> In reply to Anoop @ 2014-07-23 18:24 from fCx$ - click to readCheck all your email account settings. Change your download email period to "the past month" instead of "any time". This will greatly improve the battery time.

Also few operations have changed. For Screenshot, you have to click Volume UP + Power button.

• 2014-07-24 08:39
  • vbNt

> In reply to Anoop @ 2014-07-23 18:24 from fCx$ - click to readBut normally when you update ur phone the battey backup will get low.but u r saying battery drains.is it sucking that much of power?

• 2014-07-24 08:20
  • GRQq

> In reply to treewood @ 2014-07-23 15:47 from utAG - click to readHi,im raj from Tamil Nadu,some people say battery drains in cyan update in 1520.wat do u say?

• 2014-07-24 08:17
  • GRQq

I updated my 1520 today to WP8.1. However, there is heavy battery drain under 2g mode. Cortana is not available in India as of now. Other new features are really cool. Except for heavy battery drain.

Is anyone experiencing such heavy battery drain??

I had 28-30 hours of battery after heavy usage when it was on WP 8.

Please share your experience on battery drain after the 8.1 update.

Thanks,
Anoop

• 2014-07-23 18:24
  • fCx$

i too updated to 8.1 cyan india.super smooth but no Cortana ,, going crazy . i feel your pain.

• 2014-07-23 15:47
  • utAG

Just updated to 8.1 last night here in the UK,only one word to describe it, Amazing! The phone is now even smoother and user friendly,simple but elegant,am loving my 1520.

• 2014-07-23 14:45
  • n5I3

• 2014-07-23 14:40
  • n5I3

> In reply to Aradhya @ 2014-07-23 07:10 from XM4% - click to readIts obvious from all you've said that you don't have a L520 not to talk of a L1520. Stick to your samsung.

• 2014-07-23 13:33
  • 3sE3

> In reply to P R Dhakar @ 2014-07-22 19:22 from rATj - click to readJust updated my 1520 in Mumbai, the complete process of two step download would take approx. an hour depending on the network speed of 2Mbps

• 2014-07-23 13:27
  • vbME

> In reply to dargo @ 2014-07-21 12:51 from v0qT - click to readThanks my frnd...

• 2014-07-23 12:02
  • U{JZ

I got my upadte for Lumia 1520 its osome and I m from m.p in India

• 2014-07-23 11:11
  • t}2B

> In reply to Aradhya @ 2014-07-23 07:10 from XM4% - click to readi dont belive you because i already do everything about camera its awesome compare to note 3
2) about video call i already using it and its awesome
3) about front camera ita slso lovely compare to all mobile
4) after update 8.1 with cyan mobile is working so softly and so much clearty come in camera snd video
5) i realy like my lumia 1520
6) samsung note 3 my friend using and lots of problem in note 3
7) last week his note 3 was not working display problem.
8) about nokia service center its realy nice even they solve problem within 2 hrs.

• 2014-07-23 07:51
  • tE$u

Hello Peeps,
I am using this phone from 5 months and there are so many problems with the phone. I have read in other forums also about the same problems. Please dont buy this camera.I will list out the pros and cons.
Pros :
1. Good looking phone.
2. Battery is amazing(Unbeatable)
3. Processor is good so no hangs or lags.

Cons :
1. Camera is a big time gimmick. It takes pics in 5MP and 16MP. 5MP pics are seen on phone. So wen u share the pics, you are sharing the 5MP pics. 16MP pics are also no good. It looks very much similar to 5MP. I am a professional photographer so i have tried everything on the camera. Note 3, Samsung galaxy s4, s5 has better camera than the lumia 1520.
2. Lot of defective pieces were released into market.
FRONT CAMERA NOT WORKING.Phone resets when using the front cam.
3. NOKIA CARE SUCKS. they are not at all friendly.
4. Sound on the phone gets adjusted randomly sometimes. Sometimes it,ll be set to zero.
5. Themes on the phone is bad.
6. Windows app store also is bad. Very limited apps.
7. You cannot do a video call. that option itself is not there :(

All the above are my personal experiences.
I have also seen people reporting lot of other reset issues.
I bought this phone for 40k since i am a nokia fan n tired of samsung. But believe me guys this phone sucks. Not worth paying 40k. Please dont do the mistake i did.

• 2014-07-23 07:10
  • XM4%

> In reply to Roberta @ 2014-07-22 15:12 from spYb - click to readThank u, I fixed it with ur advice.

• 2014-07-23 02:20
  • Khuc

update is available on manual OTA. Updated on three UK

• 2014-07-22 23:17
  • m1Ix

Lumia 1520 or one max???!...

• 2014-07-22 21:54
  • B}qA
Total of 2217 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.