Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to Denix @ 2014-09-04 02:02 from nC2R - click to readI am also using it and love the size. I hope Nokia will produced similar high end smartphone with dual sim

• 2014-09-04 11:04
  • PxMV

It is very good phone I have had.

• 2014-09-04 06:46
  • 9EV5

I sold my tablet and my smaller phone to replace with this nokia, big enough to use as a tablet and also it is an excellent phone (Size is not for anybody, it is a large phone but i liked it)
Using since April and i can't complain much, like everybody knows windows has much less apps and i noticed some website clips (some news website like cnn) doesn't play.
What i like the most;
1.It takes amazing pictures with high detail and quality,taking great night pictures that hard to believe from a phone camera. Video quality also excellent. Nokia camera can control ISO, Shutter speed, White balance, Focus and other basic functions.
2.Sound quality also surprised me, very clear and rich sound, i care a lot about the sound quality.
3.A standalone GPS with turn by turn voice navigation with free to download any countries map in the world and you don't need a cellular or wifi connection to work it.
4.A very responsive large screen with high resolution.
(Again i like the large size but most people will not)
5.Built quality is top-notch.

• 2014-09-04 02:02
  • nC2R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-03 18:15 from N9@R - click to readJust let me know I want to buy it

• 2014-09-03 23:48
  • xGrx

this phone sucks big time on every level....i dont know where to begin. had it for 2 weeks and already looking for a buyer to get it off my hands. so far all i like about it is the size and colour(red), nothiing else

• 2014-09-03 18:15
  • N9@R

> In reply to SohailZafar @ 2014-09-02 21:22 from Trk1 - click to readWhat you are saying is correct even i am facing the same problem but in your case it works fine on a different handset but i face teh same problem on a Sony Xperia Tipo. I am not able to decide if the software update is causing this or my Asus router is faulty. Also when i switch on my pc the wi fi disppers from the handset. Guys please advise coz i can't connect my handset and pc to wifi at the same time.

• 2014-09-03 17:22
  • XNtq

> In reply to thavam2014 @ 2014-09-03 01:23 from v{u} - click to readDisplay was flickering/dancing up-down on lower half of display only. I was told to upgrade to 8.1 cyan, which I did. Still problem was there. Then I was told to reset the phone as a last resort, else it could be a major display fault needing repair. Now to reset phone, I backedup my photos on pc, and deleted photos on my 1520, this resulted in creation of free space to 23.24GB. After this I suddently found flickering stopped. Since yest now its fine...

• 2014-09-03 17:21
  • U$k7

> In reply to thavam2014 @ 2014-09-03 01:23 from v{u} - click to readTry adjusting the brightness setting from automatic to Medium.
The inbuilt light sensor mab be sensing variation or could be faulty/erratic.
If the sensor is faulty, you may get bad photos..

• 2014-09-03 07:52
  • YMnE

> In reply to AVS @ 2014-09-02 19:31 from HsJf - click to readIntermittent flickering? Can you please explain in detail

• 2014-09-03 01:23
  • v{u}

> In reply to SohailZafar @ 2014-09-02 21:22 from Trk1 - click to readMy wifi in 1520 gets disconnected automatically and I touch wifi to get connected again but this happens once a day or week but I never got limited error word

• 2014-09-03 01:21
  • v{u}

After updated to LUMIA CYAN mu NL1520 wifi losting constantly. whenever I turned on wifi after 10 minutes it shows 'Limited' or showing 'No Internet Access'. Remember same Wifi connection working excellently on my Note-3 without any problem. I facing this problem since last 2 weeks. Does any one have solution for this bug or anyone face this problem . THANX

• 2014-09-02 21:22
  • Trk1

Hi, bought Nokia 1520 recently its a gr8 device..but recently facing intermittent flickering of display, upgraded to win 8.1 but issue happens intermittently. Then I decided to reset phone. Reduced memory usage to 23.24GB free, and suddenly issue stopped. No damage to cell. Anyone faced this ? Pls. help as im scared it may happen again ?

• 2014-09-02 19:31
  • HsJf

I would like to get some information about the 1520. I am a resident of U.A.E. and would like to go for a 1520 but is the windows 8.1 update available in my region. Please help.

• 2014-09-02 08:34
  • 3JDJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-01 05:56 from vbM0 - click to readNow realised that the Pocket File Manager has been upgraded with a Beta version compatible with Windows 8.1.
To add Folders:- click on (+) & then go to "Add Folders". There are few options including SD card.
Hoping that the Beta version is soon made a Permanent Apps ..

• 2014-09-02 08:09
  • YMnE

> In reply to sks @ 2014-08-31 19:07 from 3JDL - click to readok, i agree what u said. let me elaborate this bit more.

Nokia gives licence for repair and sales for two kinds of people.

1. Nokia priority dealers
2. Nokia care

Nokia priority dealer :

is actually a person who asks sales rights. but nokia is not ready to given only sales rights. so it demands the same priority dealers to also keep service, for the ease of access to customers. to understand, these guys, they are trained by nokia but they are not nokia native. they concentrate only on sales and for name sake they had put up service also. you know what they do in backend. they just pack your mobile and despatch to nearest nokia care to get it repaired. thats why they beg time for repair.

now, Nokia care:

this is owned and governed by nokia.inc himself. here customer is prime priority not sales. they are sure sales happens online. these guys will take ur mobile and ask you to wait to get it inspected before asking you to give some time, again, if its required.

they will never say cannot do, rather they will suggest you for an alternative. and if you raise a concern online via complaint or customer ignorance request, they will even replace your entire handset if its in warranty.

Please try to find the 2. option shop as said above. sure your issue will be rectified. if one says, cannot, don't worry, go to another nearest shop(nokia care only) and give a try. there are experienced out there in different service centres. sure they can get it done.if one cannot then another guy will.

all i want to say is, give a try. nothing is impossible. all it takes is bit of your time. there is nothing wrong in spending,if its worth spending.

• 2014-09-02 06:02
  • vGqi

Does nba2k14 can be play in this lumia?

• 2014-09-02 01:56
  • t7Xh

Had installed "Pocket File Manager" (PFM) earlier which worked fine with Windows-8, all the files of SD card were displayed.
Now after Winows-8.1 update it has been noticed that the SD card data is not listed in the Pocket File Manager.
Many reviews on the web also mention the above problem.
PFM is a paid apps & should have had 8.1 compatibility. Can anyone help/advise on the above.
PS:- the"files" from MS is a good alternative & better, only that PFM being the earlier apps was more hans on..!!

• 2014-09-01 05:56
  • vbM0

> In reply to Punith.33 @ 2014-08-30 07:40 from ij7n - click to readHi ,
I am a great fan of the 1520 and it has become a dream phone for me and I think it is going to remain a dream of acquiring my dream phone because i own a Lumia 625 in which some problem has occurred with the earpiece and when i took it to Nokia care they said that they won't repair it and i need to get it done from outside even though i was ready to pay. How can the nokia care centre say this is what i cannot understand. Now if Nokia care does not accept or take care of such things what's the use. I will buy an expensive phone and if tomorrow some fault is found on the device and again Nokia does not repair it it becomes worth garbage.

• 2014-08-31 19:07
  • 3JDL

End of line Cortana and windows 8.1 update and that's all we get last from 1520 and what next no newer version and no upgraded versions

• 2014-08-31 08:55
  • v{u}

> In reply to rollin @ 2014-08-30 12:22 from LBHT - click to readCortana working perfectly thanks bro and guys like u are god for 1520 users

• 2014-08-30 12:31
  • v{u}
Total of 2524 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.