Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to tropolite @ 2014-06-02 13:52 from PUII - click to readthanks for your reply..one more question
I know we need to use Live(hotmail) account on lumia as we use gmail on andriod.. can we use gmail on lumia instead of hotmail(live) account? any issues? how many different accounts i can sync in lumia 1520?

• 2014-06-02 13:55
  • Afay

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-02 12:59 from Afay - click to readWP8.1 has not been released anywhere officially yet... June sometime. However WP8.1 Developers Preview is avail worldwide. It is well known it isn't completely finished yet or polished.

I have WP8.1DP so my 1520... it is awesome.

• 2014-06-02 13:52
  • PUII

Is WP8.1 on Lumia 1520 in India released officially? anyone upgraded it? hows the experience?

• 2014-06-02 12:59
  • Afay

MS is doing everything so much rapidly and its so cool WP is getting better day by day. In daily use its way better than Android with WP 8.1...Super stuff really only WP can be enjoyed if I be honest

• 2014-06-02 10:13
  • KIBI

> In reply to kumarc @ 2014-06-01 08:02 from fCxa - click to readYou haven't used WP I used to think the same as you but after using WP it changed my mind completely even that was WP 8 but eith 8.1 now its super awesome really

• 2014-06-02 10:10
  • KIBI

> In reply to kumarc @ 2014-06-01 08:02 from fCxa - click to readin win 8.1 its totally change... evn it better than android bcz when u use win 8.,1 ur neg commenent will convert to positive i gurantee about that

• 2014-06-02 05:30
  • PEW6

> In reply to cozmo @ 2014-06-01 14:35 from ShwX - click to readr8 dude win 8.1 is just awesme even its better than android.... and apps now most apps is available on windows market...grab for nokia dude :)

• 2014-06-02 05:26
  • PEW6

Just got this baby :). Buttery smooth on WP 8.1 with the files manager app. Mindblowing screen, all my friends are amazed!!!. Excellent for reading ebooks, watching video and taking photos.

• 2014-06-01 20:49
  • 7tTU

> In reply to kumarc @ 2014-06-01 08:02 from fCxa - click to readAm not sure if you used or own 1520 but let me tell you both Nokia and Microsoft have done a great job with this unit...i got it like three weeks ago...and am so surprised with the amount of apps and os constants updates...something Android or ios user have never heard of..so pls use the unit and have a feel for it..live with it..and let us know by then what do you think of it!

in my case...i can't spend a day without using it..!

• 2014-06-01 14:35
  • ShwX

Guys let it be once known, 8.1 developer's version from MS is ridk free, ad will it be again updated to Nokia's perks addition, or we have to live with it. Nobody's knows the correct answer, for those who are waiting fr official Nokia update three months onn. We who have not shud not be guilty, warranty void ok half period gone, if nothings happens ad later nokia more refined it final version. Yes ad No with pros & cons.

• 2014-06-01 12:05
  • ITVn

Yes, Do have wechat, viber, whatsapp and etc., u can check store before purchase it.

• 2014-06-01 08:47
  • TSMs

Hi all 1520 users.
Great phone, great camera, great screen, refreshing after 5 years of android. BUT.....android is more user friendly. For eg.
1. When in camera mode, you can enter gallery straight away by swiping to left. Cool user feature.
2. In music, you can create playlist of your collection and name it too, in android. Unfortunately cant find that option in WP.
3. In WhatsApp when u get a message the phone lights up. (wakes up) Tried all options in WP. Everytime I receive WhatsApp, my phone lights up, even at night, though i have set the night option.
4. Multitasking is way faster in android.

For first timers, would recommend android. Foe gadgets craze fans like me, I would love to try different platforms.

Hope WP8.1 solves mot of my queries above.
ENJOY your technology.
cheers

• 2014-06-01 08:02
  • fCxa

just bought this monstrous phone yesterday and directly updated it to wp8.1,.. and now I'm loving it,..j just an upgrade from my l920..:)

• 2014-06-01 03:58
  • YTxM

does this phone have wechat

• 2014-05-31 19:37
  • KZ8x

Whatsapp is back. Better than ever!!!! Yaasssss

• 2014-05-31 13:00
  • Q@}{

After roughly two weeks away, the Whatsapp Windows Phone app has returned to the Windows Store after a joint effort from Microsoft and Whatsapp.

Whatsapp originally pulled the app because of unspecified “technical issues,” though it has since come out that the problem appeared to be with how notifications were handled in the latest version of Windows Phone.

• 2014-05-31 11:20
  • uuqB

Whatsapp is back in wp store

• 2014-05-31 07:12
  • fCx{

This phone is perfect on hardware as well as on software..
8.1 is simply stunning to use I don't know why people are still using Android

So much easy to use and focused on use not a toy

Display is the best ever on phone

Design so lovely really

No comparison in camera

Specs are 70% more than what it need such as CPU and RAM

Built Quality is so much solid and Awesome

Battery is super long

• 2014-05-30 10:12
  • KIAd

> In reply to roni09riku @ 2014-05-20 07:44 from KgV0 - click to readHi. I too purchased my lumia 1520 two weeks ago in Mumbai. Eagerly awaiting 8.1 update. Does anyone have any idea when is the official update going to be released in Mumbai, India? I love the phone, after having used android for 5 years. Its refreshing.

• 2014-05-30 07:27
  • vbTD

I just bought Lumia 1520, its a good phone, at the same time im still using my note2, both of the phones is a good phone. Windows is more secure platform while android is an open sources, you can flash any rom into it, both of it have its advantage and disadvantage side. Its up to the end user what do they want.. For me I love both of its.. I can use both of its side by side depending on what I want and needs..

• 2014-05-28 13:57
  • tZ4s
Total of 3033 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.