Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

8.1
8.0
8.2

> In reply to somejerkk @ 2014-07-01 15:16 from vG{M - click to readNo issues with touch sensitivity.
You can adjust the touch sensitivity by going in to settings -> touch -> select touch sensitivity to "normal".
As you start using the phone you will get use to it's touch screen.

• 2014-07-01 17:54
  • u1DF

so no one here is having the sensitive touch issue ..
like when you scroll on the phone it considere it as a tap ?

its wpcentral forum is full of users having touch issues with lumia 1520 ?

anyone from india having this issue ? or your phone dont have this issue ?

• 2014-07-01 15:16
  • vG{M

When 8.1 is coming for lumia 1520 i m from india

• 2014-07-01 13:34
  • X0Bx

> In reply to Eng Mr Dj @ 2014-06-26 07:34 from fkZ% - click to readthe best way to make use of the sd card in mobile is to make sure ur formatting that memory card when its connected to the mobile phone itself.
Arm core based phones will always have different sector size and format mechanism for their fast access depending on their specifications. hence pls format the sd card in phone and use it anywhere. hope i explained technically and u understood:-)

• 2014-07-01 12:28
  • vGqi

Really guys Father of all Phones its awesome to use Nokia Lumia 1520 .....The Beast

• 2014-07-01 11:42
  • rANX

Is Moli player is free or paid app??

• 2014-07-01 11:40
  • rANX

> In reply to adi209 @ 2014-07-01 06:46 from 9xed - click to readCheck with your colleagues if they face the same problem if they use the wifi in the office on their mobile device. It must be that bandwidth issue that must be cause of slowness in your office on your mobile device.

• 2014-07-01 10:25
  • u1DF

> In reply to R1abdu @ 2014-07-01 09:47 from iwpx - click to readOfficial Windows 8.1 update has not been made available yet, but yes Nokia lumia 1520 owners will get it.

• 2014-07-01 10:12

Love this phone!
is it possible to upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 black?

• 2014-07-01 09:47
  • iwpx

> In reply to Cozmo @ 2014-06-30 07:33 from pXjj - click to readThanks. Will check out the same!!

• 2014-07-01 06:49
  • 9xed

> In reply to shivkh7 @ 2014-06-30 07:34 from tE$u - click to readThanks Shivkh7. That was really helpful. Moliplayer is working fine now.

• 2014-07-01 06:48
  • 9xed

I'm having a typical problem with this handset. It is the WiFi. Whenever I'm home the WiFi connection works perfectly. But, as soon as I connect the same handset with my office WiFi it says that there is an error as internet is not available at this time ( the Wifi connects properly, no problem in that) but none of the sites or the Store open anything. My office WiFi connection speed is 7 Mbps. I know this connection is shared by 300 - 400 users but that doesn't mean that the internet should not display anything. Can anyone please share their similar experiences and suggest solutions if any??

Thanks in advance!!!!

• 2014-07-01 06:46
  • 9xed

> In reply to Kenswiss @ 2014-06-30 10:49 from rvqI - click to readI am not sure, but i think that the options for selecting network speed 2g 3g or 4g is service provider dependent. Here in Mumbai, India i don't have option for selecting 4g in my mobile (Lumia 1520 RM-937)because 4g has not been started here at place. Correct me if i am wrong.
Thanks

• 2014-07-01 06:30
  • u1DF

> In reply to adi209 @ 2014-06-30 07:17 from 9xed - click to readHi.
i agree to you.
1. No file manager is user friendly. They don't read SD cards also. Couldn't find anything.
2. Music player cant create playlists or folder with in the app. Tried almost all players in store. They just don't allow playlist creations.
3. Downloaded music from nokia doesn't play on routine MP3 players after i copy them to external pen drive.
4. Used to download mp3 music in android so easily cant find such an app in WP. Cause i wanna transfer music to pen drive and listen in my car mp3 player. And nokia music, even after converting format to mp3 is not playing.

those who shift from android will always feel some difficulties to adapt. But then i guess we gotta look at positive points and let go.

• 2014-07-01 06:15
  • vbTP

Is there any way of adding EDGE toggle in this phone, it only has 3G and 4G options well not all areas I stay have a strong 3G network so at times I need to put it fixed on E

• 2014-06-30 10:49
  • rvqI

> In reply to adi209 @ 2014-06-30 07:17 from 9xed - click to read1) Moliplayer Support all format Movie,

2) wait for 8.1 Update

3) its not necessary to use any music player u can use defaulted Nokia + music apps

• 2014-06-30 07:34
  • tE$u

> In reply to adi209 @ 2014-06-30 07:17 from 9xed - click to readI highly sugest you chek out a web site called windows central,and you may found every thing you need about this remarkable unit.

I got this unit about few months back,and almost I found all my consern and update news there!

I hope that helped!

• 2014-06-30 07:33
  • pXjj

Hi Guys! Just bought this beast 2 days back. Pretty much satisfied with the handset and I think I'm going to stick to this handset for a while now. Definitely better that Android (being an android user for more than 5 years now). Absolutely lag free performance and awesome camera... Obviously Android and WP are two completely different platforms but WP is more interesting than Android. I have a few questions if anyone can answer..

1) I tried all the video players but could not find a simple and user friendly app. I tried the Moliplayer but it is not playing .avi, .mkv, or any other popular format out there. It's only able to play .mp4 and a couple of other formats I don't remember as of now. It is a good app like MX Player in the Android market but not up to the mark. Can anyone suggest a good Video Player which plays almost all the formats without any problem?

2) The one thing I'm definitely missing is a good File Manager. I almost tried all the apps related to File Management apps in the store but none of them was able to read my SD Card contents. Can someone suggest me some good versatile apps (free or paid doesn't matter)

3) Is Winamp available for Winphone? If there is any app equivalent to Winamp please let me know as the native Mucic Player is not upto the mark as I'm unable to sort the songs according to Album and it's very hard to create a Playlist. I know I can do it by syncing with my Windows Media Player in my laptop but I would still prefer to do it with the app itself. Please suggest some good apps....

Apart from a few glitches ( which can be definitely ignored and you can live with that) the device is just awesome and I'm enjoying every moment with it. Hope all the flaws are covered in the 8.1 update.

Thanks

• 2014-06-30 07:17
  • 9xed

HI every body i am irfan i am going to buy Nokia lumia 1520 in july so can u plz tell me what i am paying is 40k is better than to buy iphone i am in confuse to lumia or iphone 5s can anybody tell me and for lumia 1520 what are all care i have to do while buying

• 2014-06-30 06:02
  • KAD4

Nokia Lumia 1520 reviews and suggestions to make it better:
Pros: As per my experience I recommend the Nokia 1520 if you like photography specially.
1) Camera is better than any other mobile
2) Awesome processor
3) Plenty of RAM
4) Plenty of Space
5) Plenty of Battery
6) Big Size screen for better readability
7) Fast and powerful phone and definitely fill the Tablet and Mobile purpose.
8) Office apps are better than Android and iPhone

Cons: The biggest put off of the product is very limited apps, I think below apps should be part of the phone which can give more value add to the product.
1) No contact or phone directory app, we need to rely upon Gmail or any other email account to sync the mobile contacts. So user have to import the contact excel file to gmail and then sync it to phone. If user is not techie he/she never can copy phone numbers from Android or iPhone to windows phone.

2) The message app should have the bigger text box, its very small as compare to the size of the phone.

3) The text editing is complex and it should behave as iPhone and android give freedom to move cursor anywhere in the editor without any difficulty. It is bit complex and non-technical people can find difficulty to handle this functionality.

4) The connectivity widgets are not available on the fly as in Android devices. This app is a biggest missing in the product, and it should be developed to change the status of the connections as in the Android mobile.

5) Registry and cache cleaner apps are missing in the Microsoft and Nokia store.

6) Folder explorer are not up to the mark as Android.

7) Many international voip calling apps are missing.

I recommend the phone on speed, camera, and few good apps as well and recommend it to 8 out of 10 points. Only few apps need to be developed and it will beat all the other players in the market

• 2014-06-30 01:36
  • P5K7
Total of 3157 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.