Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

> In reply to att @ 2014-05-15 14:39 from mxPP - click to readnice phone suitable to my office work

• 2014-05-16 10:43
  • Mfxa

Lumia 1520 is a nice phone..bt how can i share videos wid my friends??

• 2014-05-16 09:43
  • fCx2

places can any nokai window phone do BBM?

• 2014-05-16 03:25
  • ftKa

> In reply to Khan @ 2014-05-14 15:57 from bx94 - click to readNokia update 8.1 will start frm 24 june, gradually, people who hav become developers fr MS got very experience of batt drainage, convincing MS to another update on 14th may ad now people hav a sigh of relief. Want it clear those who hav already updated to MS developer version will be able to upgrade to Nokia original update or live with a developer one.

• 2014-05-15 19:59
  • ITVn

hi every one i just update windows 8.1 4 days ago but i had some very bad battery drain issue which is really bad but i but yesterday i update my phone windows 8.1 new update received and all the issue bugs gone mostly no heating issue no battery drain as my phone work as it was normal before so any one had any issue with battery drain than they will update the device with windows new update which is released 14th may so you will see huge difference even more smoother experience thanks microsoft huge update getting relief .........>>>>>>>>>

• 2014-05-15 14:39
  • mxPP

The best antivirus is Avast !

• 2014-05-15 13:53
  • JEEy

> In reply to Khan @ 2014-05-14 15:57 from bx94 - click to readThe Windows 8.1 for the Nokia Lumia 1520 comes out this summer 2014.

• 2014-05-15 04:29
  • Im6P

> In reply to ManoharManohar @ 2014-05-08 04:49 from rAfx - click to readHi! My name is Njama. I want to know the and install the best ANTIVIRUS for windows phones as U tried to download several antiviruses without success. I think its vital to have an updated installed antivirus. I have just a new NOKIA LUMIA 1520.

With best regards.

• 2014-05-14 18:25
  • NwGH

Hello friends when is upgrade the 1520 windows 8.1

• 2014-05-14 15:57
  • bx94

how to connect usb pen drive to lumia 1520.also what's tha file manager fo suitable it

• 2014-05-14 08:17
  • iwpx

planning to buy a phone to replace my aging nokia 701 with lumia 930, but it still a mile away from its launch date. should i go for this phone rather than 930, because other than its size and microsd slot, i don't see any other differences(in term of hardware) between these phones.

• 2014-05-13 09:02
  • tVtX

> In reply to Nazi @ 2014-05-10 23:35 from XNtq - click to read1) Turn on bluetooth on both the devices, select the photos/videos u want to send and click share, choose bluetooth and then see that the device u want to send is listed and then connect it and send. Its very simple..

2)go to photos>albums>saved

3)You cant rename songs in music player use pocket file manager and go to the particular location and rename the song.

• 2014-05-12 18:33
  • uuFJ

> In reply to Raj @ 2014-05-12 03:40 from KAeb - click to readwhat do you mean calibrate?

• 2014-05-12 17:59
  • iCue

I am again posting my query.
Can anyone please tell me how to calibrate the the phone?
I have tried to drain the battery to 0 and have and tried to charge the phone in switched off mode but it automatically switches on.
....Thanks.

• 2014-05-12 03:40
  • KAeb

> In reply to Gnius @ 2014-05-11 15:13 from NXRH - click to readThere are few file manager already made for WP8.1. Pocket File Manager, FileEx, Aerize. Native file manager is also coming to WP8.1.

• 2014-05-11 21:58
  • kg3x

Yesterday had my phone updated to windows phone 8.1. The smoothest ever you can ever lay your hands on. Wow. My next device is definitely windows. But the file manager should fixed sooner rather than later.+more apps

• 2014-05-11 15:13
  • NXRH

> In reply to Mayank @ 2014-05-11 05:48 from te32 - click to readJust go and complain in Nokia website or Microsoft website.....if u Dont get anything from them, go to consumer court.....I think they will repay your amount at consumer court.....Dont leave your 47000 as waste

• 2014-05-11 08:41
  • rKm6

Cheated by Nokia for 47500 Rs/-

I am repenting why I have purchased 1520 instead of these I shld have gone for I5.
Total Complain::
I have purchased Nokia Lumia 1520 worth 46000 Rs/- (Round Figure) on 31st Decí13.
During the month of Marí14 I found there are some issues with screen getting hanged.
When I contacted the customer care help line Mr. Pankaj has asked to me build faith in Nokia and they will do best from their side.

Conversation B/W Pankaj Ė Anitha
As, per the company norms for my device there is Home pickup & drop facility.
One guy has come from Nokia Care Ė IndraNagar, Bangalore branch to pick up my phone at my office address.
When I was trying to explain my problem he is unable to understand it.

Conversation b/w Myself (Mayank Dhananiwala) --- Roma
Next day I myself went to the Nokia care center to get my phone rectified.
I waited there for 2 hours and they say that there is no fault with my device.
I came back home, these time when I faced the same issue, I made a documentary proof as video and again visited the Nokia Care with the same and they accepted it.

Phone has been handed over to for service on 19th Marí14. (Job sheet Number:: 10441).
As, per the communication with Roma, the phone will be kept in observation then it will be sent to Repair factory.

On Friday 21st Marí14 I received a call back stating that it will take 12 working days to get the phone repaired as it will be sent to repair factory. I agreed with them.
28th Marí14 Ė Received a call stating Phone is ready to deliver.

I took the delivery of my phone 9th Aprí14 (5.30PM) (Delivery People Ė Deepa G, Kamesh)
1) As, soon it was about to deliver there were problems with connectivity issues.
a. They took the phone inside and fixed it.
2) After fixing that issues, and took the phone when trying to update my phone itís shows phone is up to date, but itís not up to date.
a. Latest Firmware revision Number (As, per Nokia Care) :: 1028.3562.1408.10
b. Firmware Revision Number in my phone :: 1028.3562.1402.0001
3) Upon my insistence, itís been leant from Deepa that phone was not sent to repair factory.
Even though after producing the documentary proof of my problem, they doubted on my problem statement.
Even after the deliver same problem exists again they are asking for a documentary proof of it.
Mahendar is asking for a documentary proof again. (Nokia Care Store Manager).

Roma, Anitha, Mahendar, Kamesh, Deepa Ė Works for Nokia Care, Indranagar, Bangalore.
Pankaj Ė Works in Nokia Care helpline number

I don't have trust any more in Nokia that issue will be solved even after multiple services.
I want the money back or replace my handset with a new one and give me a written that same problem doesn't exists.

After providing the documentary proof on 16th Aprí14, I was waiting till date to physically show that the problem presists in the handset. Beacsue of below reasons.
1) Improper management of issue.
2) Miscommunication quoted from your side earlier.
3) Even if under your observation device doesnít shows the problem, you will say that device is perfect and the problem didnít exist or got resolved.

There are willing to give in writing that the problem exists.
After, physically showing the issue to Mrs. Roma, she has asked the conformation for s/w update/reset. (In the beginning itself I mentioned once to reboot the handset you may or maynít see the issue)
Even after the reset/update same issue persists. They started to check the issue whether itís wrt to any of the apps or sim card.
There were multiple reboots of my phone. Now, the problem is not been seen.
They are asking to keep DUT (device under test) till Monday and see whether the problem really persists or not.
Now the my question here comes is, if problem doesnít shows up what you are going to do ???????????????

I have asked Roma to write in Job sheet, I have physically shown the problem, and even after software update there was a problem.
But they are no ready to mention in job-sheet. Anything can be happened at any point of time. Like last time if you people quote itís a miscommunication what should I do ?? Thatís the reason I was asking her to give me in writing.
Because after 16th Aprí14 I faced the same issue today (Nearly after one-month). So, there is guaranty that problem will be seen while DUT. (Device Under Test).

Please, let me know what are the further steps should be taken.
Hoping for a one single point solution

Cheated

• 2014-05-11 05:48
  • te32

Can anyone please tell me how to calibrate the the phone?
....Thanks.

• 2014-05-11 05:47
  • YQZ3

> In reply to Anil melila @ 2014-05-09 12:45 from T4dQ - click to readU can use ur gmail account as well as microsoft account on any WP... U just have to sync data after entring ur gmail id and all the data will b there including contacts

• 2014-05-11 02:54
  • PAm7
Total of 2980 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.