Hi Guys! Just bought this beast 2 days back. Pretty much satisfied with the handset and I think I'm going to stick to this handset for a while now. Definitely better that Android (being an android user for more than 5 years now). Absolutely lag free performance and awesome camera... Obviously Android and WP are two completely different platforms but WP is more interesting than Android. I have a few questions if anyone can answer..
1) I tried all the video players but could not find a simple and user friendly app. I tried the Moliplayer but it is not playing .avi, .mkv, or any other popular format out there. It's only able to play .mp4 and a couple of other formats I don't remember as of now. It is a good app like MX Player in the Android market but not up to the mark. Can anyone suggest a good Video Player which plays almost all the formats without any problem?
2) The one thing I'm definitely missing is a good File Manager. I almost tried all the apps related to File Management apps in the store but none of them was able to read my SD Card contents. Can someone suggest me some good versatile apps (free or paid doesn't matter)
3) Is Winamp available for Winphone? If there is any app equivalent to Winamp please let me know as the native Mucic Player is not upto the mark as I'm unable to sort the songs according to Album and it's very hard to create a Playlist. I know I can do it by syncing with my Windows Media Player in my laptop but I would still prefer to do it with the app itself. Please suggest some good apps....
Apart from a few glitches ( which can be definitely ignored and you can live with that) the device is just awesome and I'm enjoying every moment with it. Hope all the flaws are covered in the 8.1 update.
HI every body i am irfan i am going to buy Nokia lumia 1520 in july so can u plz tell me what i am paying is 40k is better than to buy iphone i am in confuse to lumia or iphone 5s can anybody tell me and for lumia 1520 what are all care i have to do while buying
Nokia Lumia 1520 reviews and suggestions to make it better:
Pros: As per my experience I recommend the Nokia 1520 if you like photography specially.
1) Camera is better than any other mobile
2) Awesome processor
3) Plenty of RAM
4) Plenty of Space
5) Plenty of Battery
6) Big Size screen for better readability
7) Fast and powerful phone and definitely fill the Tablet and Mobile purpose.
8) Office apps are better than Android and iPhone
Cons: The biggest put off of the product is very limited apps, I think below apps should be part of the phone which can give more value add to the product.
1) No contact or phone directory app, we need to rely upon Gmail or any other email account to sync the mobile contacts. So user have to import the contact excel file to gmail and then sync it to phone. If user is not techie he/she never can copy phone numbers from Android or iPhone to windows phone.
2) The message app should have the bigger text box, its very small as compare to the size of the phone.
3) The text editing is complex and it should behave as iPhone and android give freedom to move cursor anywhere in the editor without any difficulty. It is bit complex and non-technical people can find difficulty to handle this functionality.
4) The connectivity widgets are not available on the fly as in Android devices. This app is a biggest missing in the product, and it should be developed to change the status of the connections as in the Android mobile.
5) Registry and cache cleaner apps are missing in the Microsoft and Nokia store.
6) Folder explorer are not up to the mark as Android.
7) Many international voip calling apps are missing.
I recommend the phone on speed, camera, and few good apps as well and recommend it to 8 out of 10 points. Only few apps need to be developed and it will beat all the other players in the market
hari, 29 Jun 2014hi friends am planning buy new nokia lumia 1520.is it realy a gud phone?.how is the battery ba... moreHi hari, believe me when i say I was a fan of android. I used to use Samsung all along. Until i realised that Samsung phones show a lag. I hate that, especially when i say other phones perform better.
so i started using core android phones like nexus4 & later nexus5. But i still wasn't happy cause if they didn't lag, their UI wasn't completely user friendly. So my search for a better phone continued.
after 6 years, i shifted to WP8. Its a different but a lag free platform. The apps really don't match up, but enough their to not affect your working.
battery life is really good. 2 days and i am still at 23% left as of now. Being a Dr i use my phone extensively. Pts in email, reports on email, Facebook updates of my profession, query replies. Drafting letters and reports. All with this device.
i haven't updated to 8.1 since it isn't released officially, but im sur that it won't let me down.
bye it if your heart is set on this. Trust me it will not disappoint you, if you are willing to accept a change and let go of some minor nitty-gritty.
I m planning to buy this phne .. bt i heard that this phne having troubles with the 8.1 update....... is that true ?
hi friends am planning buy new nokia lumia 1520.is it realy a gud phone?.how is the battery backup .i make lot of phone calls and whatsap surfing in web.and 1 more important question is there automatic call recorder app in app store? I want beepless call recorder .pls reply to my questions frnds thanks in advance
Kenswiss, 28 Jun 2014Have you understood me!I updated my 1520 to 8.1 within an hour of buying it...Preview Developer ?
Anonymous, 28 Jun 2014Guy don't make a crazy statement,what happened n one hour, u shud have OTA developers version ... moreHave you understood me!I updated my 1520 to 8.1 within an hour of buying it...
Anonymous, 28 Jun 2014Guy don't make a crazy statement,what happened n one hour, u shud have OTA developers version ... moreI am former Lumia 720 user so I just downloaded preview for developers app from the store and used the same login details...the first thing I did when I got this phone I took few photos to confirm the quality the straight to the WiFi to update! When you format your phone the OS version remains the same that is what I think
Kenswiss, 28 Jun 2014You recommending 1520 users not to upgrade to 8.1 preview for developers?? I bought mine yeste... moreGuy don't make a crazy statement,what happened n one hour, u shud have OTA developers version and registered then OTA download start. OK let's see have to factory reset again to download official 8.1 Windows when ever available.
anurag, 26 Jun 2014About update to 8.1 I read this online somwhere but cannot find it now. It was mentioned tha... moreYou recommending 1520 users not to upgrade to 8.1 preview for developers?? I bought mine yesterday and within one hour it was already running 8.1preview for developers!! So how am I disadvantaged my phone is working fine
Finally I am a L1520 user, it's only a day with this monster and it has started looking small. My Lumia 720 now looks like a 3.2" display ooh mine what is this I have been using! Now going to download the free gameloft games before the time expire
chaiyo, 27 Jun 2014Hi, i just bought a Nokia lumia 1520, honestly i was got obsessed with it by reading all the p... morejust download mytube or youtube hd from the store,..it got lot of options, you can download high quality videos,.. choose 720p and it's awesome,..
if you want to use ur ie, go youtube.com then choose a video then put "ss" infront of youtube url then boom,..you can download videos from ie:) all at high quality videos
geo, 27 Jun 2014How do I make 1520run only on 3G mode? Go to settings -> Mobile Network -> Highest connection speed -> then select 3G
Bought a white one earlier this week and am happy with my decision. No more drags like in android. Had a SG Note which my better half has now using as a second phone. If there could be shortcuts from the main screen to access and turn on/off the wifi and 3G, it will be very useful, the way it is available in Android. Though a big mobile, it doesn't seem heavy on the hand. Would using the wireless charger (got it free with the mobile) spoil the mobile cover? Takes quite a long time to charge with the blackberry bold's charger.