Nokia Lumia 1520 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

Too big !

• 2013-11-21 22:25
  • 3bmg

I've seen the first unboxing videos and the screen looks really amazing...

• 2013-11-21 21:30
  • 0wxc

Hello, I'm really loving this phone more and more although it doesn't have many features as android, and from what I'm reading here is that WP is good, so does any one agree with me on that???

• 2013-11-21 20:36
  • 6vNq

> In reply to Jaki @ 2013-11-21 13:40 from 9xHc - click to readReally??????

• 2013-11-21 17:12
  • fsVb

> In reply to Tech lvr @ 2013-11-20 20:35 from upd% - click to readHey then what about lumia 720

• 2013-11-21 14:26
  • s%{E

I have always been a nokia fan, Symbian sort of ruined their reputation a bit but, I was still faithful to the old tried and trusted nokia. I have owned many a phone including and not limited to samsung, sony, and htc, with android and have plenty of experience with iOS, but I have never come across an OS that handles so smoothly and does everything with such style and flair. Another bonus is that nokia combined with the Windows phone 8 is Virus free as with my Lumia 920 owned for more that a year now, and to add to this, my phone has fallen in the pool has been dropped from a 2 story building and still works as the day I bought it, might be scratched a bit but nothing has been replaced. Also the phone has only once restarted itself ever and never gets stuck... it never lags and never disappoints... Nokia... Like a BOSS

• 2013-11-21 13:40
  • 9xHc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-20 17:05 from 33h@ - click to readThe last week I used xperia z1.that phone is wasting ur money..presently iam using Lumia 820,I checked xperia z1 camera its showing very bad picture quality my 820 cam is better than z1..dont tell lie...it have 20 mega pixel cam with pureview technology first u can read pure view technology then comment...

• 2013-11-21 09:17
  • uux0

Nokia phones cannot be beaten in terms of camera quality and the fact that Microsoft owns them means the optimization between software and hardware is really good. I've have had a Nokia Lumia 920 for over a year now and have never experienced lag, glitches, viruses, or any problems AT ALL!. On paper the specs are old yet its still more reliable then any android or iPhone. The screens are premium and bright. I've the iPhone and and android. But none of them can compare.

• 2013-11-21 08:24
  • 7s8C

Really anoying me that it doesn't have wifi direct

• 2013-11-21 05:10
  • fusQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-20 20:03 from n5Pt - click to readI think Windows Phone 7 wouldn't be upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1, while for Windows Phone 8 several people said they will be upgraded. Now users have patient to wait official information comes.

Lumia 1520 is better I think, it comes with new software. Its OK if you would like to go for Lumia 1020.

• 2013-11-21 00:48
  • Kx0%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-20 20:10 from n5Pt - click to readLike iOS, Windows Phone is not open source like Android, users doesn't allow to download app from other site. Yes, no virus, different with Android.

• 2013-11-21 00:42
  • Kx0%

> In reply to rrig-UK @ 2013-11-20 00:35 from n5Pt - click to readOwned first edition ms win phone for 2 years now. Love it. No spyware or virus issues ever. Best phone I have ever owned.

Will buy Nokia 1520 or 928 this month.

• 2013-11-20 22:14
  • RvxZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-20 17:05 from 33h@ - click to readHaha....and you think Sony or google or apple are not in this for the money. That business. Best product wins.

I have gone from android to apple and now ms phones. The ms os is slick, fast and so easy. Do not see myself changing anytime soon.

Wife and handful of other loyal apple users I know well have also made the move to ms and happy.

don't let the app talk fool you, all the major ones are there, and more come everyday. The only app I do not have that I would like is yahoo fantasy football, but that was clunky on ios. And with me os I simply pin the page to my desktop.

First phone I ever owned was a Nokia, so happy to see them back...thanks ms!

• 2013-11-20 21:50
  • e6QK

NOKIA can aim on a phone with:
*4.5" 720p clear black display with gorilla glass 2
*6.7mp 1.9f rear and 1.3mp front facing camera
*8gb inbuilt storage and memory card slot upto 64gb
*1.5gz dual core processor with 1gb of ram
*2300mah battery
UNDER Rs.20K will be perfect for a mid range phone.

• 2013-11-20 20:35
  • upd%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-20 20:10 from n5Pt - click to readMessage below sent to you nikidroid.

• 2013-11-20 20:11
  • n5Pt

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-20 05:37 from y$dh - click to readAs you were saying that the windows is close source and free of virus. What is close source?

I see you have alot of experiences with your Lumia 520 phone including preview lumias you had.

• 2013-11-20 20:10

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2013-11-20 05:37 from y$dh - click to readHello,

Thank you so much so much your message. So technically what you're saying that all windows phones version 7.x and 8.x including 8.1.

If the 1520 is too expensive on my contract then I got to choose Nokia Lumia 1020, great camera and good battery life hopefully.

• 2013-11-20 20:03
  • n5Pt

i used al the android fones like samsung, sony, lg, & micromax tooo, now i'm using LUMIA 925.in my point of view, windows os is the superb os that i used so far, no lag, no stuck, no slow, damn fast this winodos fon,those who tel bad about windows fon plz use windows for once & compare with ur android fon & tel ur review, not simply tel the windows fon is bad,
only problem ur androidians wil tel abot the aplication, other than that no complaints wil be there
this windows fon is faster with leser specs, no lag, more batery back up than android.
sylish & sexy model compared to any fon in the market now & itz nokia cam is very gud, difernt options not in any other fons, u wil defently like this.

• 2013-11-20 19:03
  • ijhW
  • F

windows is not the future for phones, i have used it for a small time and it is no worth except if you think Bill Gates is not rich enough and you want to help him get richer. If you want a good 20 megapixel camera phone go for Sony X Z1 which has already been tested by people and is worth the money.

• 2013-11-20 17:05
  • 33h@

Very funny indeed!

The fact is that Elop didn't Ruin Nokia, Nokia management did by allowing Elop run their company due to silly and now fatal politics

Jolla is the only way to go for people who want the quality that Nokia gave back in the day; they would still use the standard and 3rd party parts and accessories manufacturer standards former Nokia used.

They will do well in that regard and listen to what their users want!

• 2013-11-20 13:17
  • fsVb
Total of 2607 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 1520.