Nokia Lumia 520 - user opinions and reviews

19%

8.1
7.9
8.1

Another thing..bad thing and wierd is this: when i restart my phone, the percent of battery decrease with 5%!!!! Whaaat!? How could be possible something like that!? I mean..if i restart my phone 20 times continuosly(if the battery is full) and this thing it take few minute(to restart the phone 20 times)..the battery reach 0%!! Yes..just like this..because 5% for 20 times is 100%..anybody have observe that problem with the 5% drain after the each restart!? Damn! Day by day this phone show me cuz is hust awfuul!! This fast as lighting battery drain,just make me life..real hell! I need to said myself: keep calm! Keep calm,boy..is just a phone!! Yes,is just a phone..but..i dont wanna charged 2-3 times on a day!! Ok,maybe i'l buy another phone,but allmost all the smartphones battery(85% smartphones) have problems with battery draining so fast!!

• 2014-12-07 21:13
  • srri

Well..i'm just gonna crazy! I took the phone of the charge cuz iy reach 100% and i write the mesage below..and its just take me few minutea to read some posts and write the reply..and the battery is just drain 10% of his 100% in like..15-20 minutes!!!! Well..this is soooo wierd and upseting!!! Damn with this phone and his garbage battery!! Charging after charging..the battery ta just drain more and more faster! No aplications in backround,brightness to low..nothing instaled(apps who drain battery,nothing like this)..whay seems to be the problem!? I do not know how many day i suport this thing and i-l trow my phone on the wall to break it off forever!!! Arrgghhh! Nokia lie all the time..the battery neeever,but..neeeeevvveeer last the time specified in the specifications!!! 14 hours in call talk time!??? Really dear Nokia!?? 7-8 hours browsing!?? Reaaally dear Nokia!? Stop lying people and make good damn battery!! Sorry for the crazyness!

• 2014-12-07 20:44
  • srr7

> In reply to shubham @ 2014-12-07 18:38 from Y}K4 - click to readShubham..believe me,i allready do those steps..all 5 of them..long time ago..like after just one month after i buy the phone,but same results,ok..maybe with those 5 steps you enumarate and with another few tips,battery increase duration with just an freking hour! I ask myself..Nokia introduce in million divices(i'm talking about this device) good battery and poor battery and when we buy'it..some have luky and buy a phone with a good battery,and some have unluky to get the phone with the poor battery!? I said that because lots of people said the battery life is 2 days or maybe more on medium using..and others said the battery life is so short! Ok..i repeat: its reeeally anoyng to see battery drain like 22-25% after one hour talk-time in 2G!! I mean..why!?? Its not normal..ok,i understand the fast draining when i watch a movie on the phone,when i play a game,the screen,is all time on,but when i talk the phone..display is of because the sensor! I said that because i know display on.."eat" the battery faster! I wanna change the battery, i'm gonna buy another one in few days,but..i-m afraid this is just not enough..i-m so sure! All the batrery of this Lumia 520..are to small..and daaamn, i don-t think the actual battery is allready die..is to soon for that..just 3 months of using the phone!! What other tips you have guys,for this phone to give more power to this little and crappy battery!? Thanks,and..again,sorry for bad english!

• 2014-12-07 20:09
  • srra

> In reply to MichaellGrim @ 2014-12-07 17:09 from srr7 - click to readwell i dont know why nokia not giving battery like 1800 or more mah but you can increase your battery life by doing following things.....
1. always use automatic mode of brightness
2. use maximum wifi
3. turn off your vibration of navigation keyes
4. turn off your double tap to wake up

and most important

5. when you put your mobile to charge dont remove wait for get full charge and when your battery get down thatn 20% after that put your charger.
i am using all of these things and now my phone giving better backup..

• 2014-12-07 18:38
  • Y}K4

> In reply to shubham @ 2014-12-07 16:14 from Y}K4 - click to readIts so anoyng! I ask myself: in near future,Nokia..will create a bigger battery for this Lumia 520!? A battery compatible with this phone..with a higher mah..something like..1800-2000 mah..its that posible!? 1430 for a phone with this specifications: dual core procesor, 512 mb ram..and the 4 inch display,i tell you is a little small! Why the tehnology has evolved so fast on the smartphones..but the batteries is so backtime..like in stoneedge :))..the phone,this phone lumia 520,is quit a good phone..i like allmost everything..but..please..the battery life ruined all good things on this phone! Hate that little battery! I have do all the resets, hard resets..updates,low brightness,saver battery on,etc..but no result! I don-t understand the guys who said "my battery life of my Lumia 520,had a 2 days life or better" reaaallyy!? But how that!? You luky ones!

• 2014-12-07 17:09
  • srr7

> In reply to MichaellGrim @ 2014-12-07 11:51 from srrf - click to readyes i am also getting this problem this phone have too low battry backup..........!!!!

• 2014-12-07 16:14
  • Y}K4

guyz my nokia lumia 520 is good set but from middle it looks like that its touch is not working but when I reset it works amazing and when i touch move upward or downward it opens apps plz can anyone tell me why it happens??? and how muxh ampere charger is required for lumia 520??

• 2014-12-07 14:03
  • KICG

Lumia 520 is low price best phone

It can play mp3,mp4 by default player
Also we can download moli player for other format like .mkv .flv

There was sharing problem in windows phone 7 and 8 now in windows phone 8.1 lots of software are available for sharing

To transfer through wi-fi "easy transfer" software is available

New WhatsApp version is too much good.

Screen clarity is too good
Cloud ☁ support is good

There is no chance of missing contracts, photos, massages we can sync it to OneDrive.

If any one buy a windows phone n and login through your divide Microsoft automatically increases your cloud space
Now I have 50GB space I can store whole life in this space.

• 2014-12-07 13:17
  • rA2f

My battery drain to fast!! I mean,in hours! I talk on phone just 4 hours continously when the battery was full..and after 4 hours it reach at 5%!!! Where is the 11-14 hours of the test battery on call talk time!? Another thing..the battery drains in just 3 hours of browsing in 2G no wifi! What is the problem!? The battery is drain in 10-12 hours when i use like this: 1 hour call time, 20 minutea browsing in 2G no wifi..or wifi(dosn-t matter)..and 20-30 msg..it is normal!? I dont thinl so! I have the phone just for 3 months! The battery is allready die!? Tanks for futures answer! Sorry for bad english!

• 2014-12-07 11:51
  • srrf

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-07 04:57 from 7Fkx - click to readYou are right! The battery is soooo bad! I mean, i was talk on phone just about 4 hour continuosly and i start the call when the battery it was fully charged..and after 4 hours it was finished the battery! I mean..where is the 11-14 hours battery duration on call talk!? And another thing..i use the 2G internet with data mobile(not wifi) and the battery drain in 3 and a half hours 100-0%! So..the results of the test of this Lumia 520 are wrong or what!? So..Lumia 520 has few good things: The thouchscreen is verry good and responsive,the call sound quality is good,the design is cool,it run gooood movies quality on full screen! The bad part on this Lia is the BATTERY!! I use normaly..few calls about 1 hours..some msg..about 20-30 msg..15 minutes of browsing in 2G..and the battery is drain in about 10-12 hours!!! That is really bad!! I ask..why!? I have this phone just for 3 months! I don-t think the battery is already dying!! So..what is the problem with the baterry!? Sorry for my english!

• 2014-12-07 11:40
  • srrf

been a fan of Nokia phones until i got that one!! worst decision i`ve ever made!!! freezes a lot, over heats, sometimes battery dies right after a whole night of being on charger :(

• 2014-12-07 04:57
  • 7Fkx
  • F

@wp8 lvr
Do you know any way to keep the screen on without it going to sleep.

Thanks

• 2014-12-06 13:44
  • X}tM

> In reply to ram @ 2014-12-05 13:40 from w43M - click to readVery nice phone

• 2014-12-06 10:16
  • 9Dxt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-04 16:32 from Hkt{ - click to readVLC beta is on store now for 10000 testers who signed first.. They got bug list now n they working on fix.. n promised to publish it public beta as soon as reported bugs fix..

• 2014-12-06 06:31
  • Cb4i

Those who r registered for preview for developers.. You all get new update which include mobile data on and off toggle in notification+ action center so please download this and Lumia denim update will starts rolling out from January 2015 for all Lumia including our Lumia 520

• 2014-12-06 03:52
  • BC84

> In reply to shubham @ 2014-12-05 17:33 from Y}K4 - click to readGo to windowsphone.com n sign in there..then select option on left side of your username and select find my phone.

• 2014-12-06 03:49
  • BC84

best phone compared to many android phones out there,

• 2014-12-05 18:21
  • N7Dq

hay guyes there is any way to track this phone in case i loss it...........

• 2014-12-05 17:33

very bad phone nokia

• 2014-12-05 13:40
  • w43M

> In reply to wp8 lvr @ 2014-12-02 17:39 from Xjeg - click to readLol... Lot of explanations as usual.. But no use.. Wait till eternity..

• 2014-12-04 16:32
  • Hkt{
Total of 22426 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 520.