NikiDroid, 23 Jan 2014Me too. I used Lumia 520, couldn't set ringtone from SD card, that's why I sold it and go back... morethere is a app for your pblm
Check out "Ringtone Maker" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?...17a64f9142e5
Finally got lumia black update released....
wp8 lvr, 23 Jan 2014I m not that much agree with u dude.. it is right that android is mature coz of its long deve... moreI dont agree frnd....some handsets I mention is mmx canvas 2,canvas+,xolo series,samsang duos all are good phones belive me dude...im saying all this because..because...im running mobile shop man...above mention mobile we cannot say damm good but they are fare enough to get your works smothely done and android hangs because people simply download large number of apps whether they are using or not and result their will be lots of pressure on RAM and processor so result it hangs..instead people should take back up of app in memory card and should un install...i know frnd that u love windows phone but truth is truthdear...their are not some but lots of missing features windows platform is underdevelop platform it takes lots of time to develop ....
wp8 lvr, 23 Jan 2014I m not that much agree with u dude..
it is right that android is mature coz of its long deve... moreNo dear ur something wrong dear.
..i use Samsung grand I dont face any lag or hang or whatever ur saying and hardware is also awsome....my brother useing Samsung grand almost 8.5 months and still not faced that type of problem which ur mentioning...nah not at all
Anonymous, 23 Jan 2014January come to end.........But no news of 8.1 blue update?I think u not read news regularly.
according to news microsoft launch wp8.1 blue at its BUILD Event at 2-4 april 14...
john, 23 Jan 2014Yes you are so true...android is mature platform or say it is smarter and the major plus point... moreI m not that much agree with u dude..
it is right that android is mature coz of its long development period.
but it is also true that android is very heavy n low end hardwares cant handle that much of load of android.
yes every new android phone works well at starting period. but after 1 or max. 2 month it shows its real wel knwn nature i.e hangs n force close...
but in other hand wp8 works flawless even after 1yr of usage. wp8 is not ram hungry like android.. it is very light os..
yes few basic features r missing in wp8 which will definitely resolves in upcoming major wp8.1 blue update..
u r agreed with thoughts of Nikidroid right..?
do u knw what niki using right now?
niki using galaxy note 2 having 2GB Ram and quadcore processor having huge almost inr. 30k pricetag.. he is using one of samsungs flagship device..
@niki dude. dont take it personal.. but at every ur comment mention that now u r using note 2 with 2gb ram..
Geo2012, 23 Jan 2014Thanks, i will check out this app and see how it goes. even i can connect my lumia to windows xp so why dont you in windows 7 i think something is wrong and dont forgot to unlock your phone after or before connecting to your lumia in pc all phone storage and SD card files only show when you have unlocked your phone
FaizWP8, 23 Jan 2014I appreciate all of you pros about this phone but the Cons you have mentioned are totally wron... moreThanks Faiz for your response. By mentioning that my cons were totally wrong i think its only in regard to moving videos and pictures to and fro internal storage. I actually have podcast videos from CES 2014 and they can't be moved to the memory card because there is no file manager. Other media taken with the camera can be moved. Recently i transferred a video from my LG L7II dual to my lumia. The lumia could not play the format and even worse i could not view the incompatible file to delete it ON PHONE. On computer its possible but my lumia wont connect to my Windows 7 PC yet. So my accessment of moving media to and fro the internal storage is in reference to on phone interaction.
Geo2012, 23 Jan 2014Pros of the Lumia 1. The windows OS is light and very fast with the 1ghz dual core processor.... moreI appreciate all of you pros about this phone but the Cons you have mentioned are totally wrong you can save your pics. And videos to sd card by selecting mark option and then click option then tap save to SD card.... And also file manager is coming with wp8.1blue and almost all videos are supported by MoliPlayer put ur videos in pictures folder and about downloading limit almost all OS have limit of 100MB to save your cellular data so it is not in Cons of this phone the biggest cons of this phone is its 512MB because i think MS is now no more with 512RAM devices they dont want to make again they are focusing on 1GB of RAM only so no chances to get coming high end games in this phone even also games like guns for hire,tr2,ss not supporting this device
Geo2012, 23 Jan 2014Pros of the Lumia
1. The windows OS is light and very fast with the 1ghz dual core processor.... moreGood review dude..
1- u can change storage setting of pics, music, documents as SD Card or phone storage.
go to settings- phone storage.
only videos r restricted now to save or share.. hope it wl resolve in next wp8.1 blue update.
2- to play any codac video like mkv, flv, avi, vob n all other download 'Moliplayer pro' which is works same like mx player in android.
VLC Player is coming soon.
Pros of the Lumia
1. The windows OS is light and very fast with the 1ghz dual core processor.
2. The 512MB RAM supports a good number of apps in windows store.
3. The 8 gb storage is sufficient for a good number of app downloads. if you heavy games with lots of gb to them, 8 gb wont work for you.
4. The MS Office has no comparison not even in the android ecosystem. Simply put, its brilliant.
5. The screen is good enough at WVGA resolution and thanks to Nokia tweaks you can have fair sun light legibility.
6. The 5mp camera is good and does record videos at 720p. The lenses from Nokia and Microsoft do spuce things up. With lumia black update you will get the Nokia pro camera app.
7. In terms of connectivity this lumia is really great for its class. The internet speeds are quite fast, the WIFI is great. Internet explorer is good despite fewer options when compared with say chrome for android.
8. The navigation extras on this lumia are excellent. Offline navigation, as long as you download the maps first. The Here drive is amazing to use, except it drains the battery fast.
9. The Metro UI is good enough. Once you figure our how and where to put your tiles, its really fun.
1. The most wanting part is the lack of a proper file manager. you can see the memory usage and all but you cant move videos or photos to the memory card. No options to move things around like in android.
2. The video codec support is wanting too. With my android phone i can download MX PLayer and play various types of movies on my LG L7II Dual.
3. The data limit for downloading over the mobile network is about 50mb or 100mb. If only MS can change things.
Will put more updates later.
I am a Nokia Lumia 520 and LG L7II Dual user. I read the reviews posted by folks comparing windows phone and android on the mid range. I don't think that kind of comparison works. My experience is that Windows is a very light OS and its very unique. Android on the other hand is a heavy OS and also very unique. The specs of my devices are not on the same level so i can't really compare this two devices. For instance the Lumia has faster 3G speeds than my LG so i can't really compare the web performance. The processors are both dual cores clocked at 1Ghz Windows phone being a light OS the performance of the lumia is faster than my LG. I love both OSes but my advice is, if you want a simple OS without the complexity of heavy customization go for windows phone 8. If you want alot of customization and a mature OS then android is the way. Remember the newer versions of android are better, don't use gingerbread or froyo and complain. Get a device with jelly bean and if possible Kitkat.
john, 23 Jan 2014Yes you are so true...android is mature platform or say it is smarter and the major plus point... moreThank you. I agree if some people low end Android aren't good. If user has more money, he/she can buy mid end or high end.
I have just bought Lumia 520 and so far so good. But I don't know where to go to make my phone stop vibrating whenever I attach the screen. This is making my battery not to last long. Pliz help
raj, 22 Jan 2014Which one is better ?? Lumia 525 or 520...I'm lil' bit confused about choosing one....choose 525