Just to let you know, there is a Playstation one emulator on WP8. It's called EmiPSX. Currently in beta.
Found a good review of this phone.
"I've pre ordered this phone and have been using this for last 3 days. Been using a lot of android phones till now and was bored of waiting for even call log to appear on them.
Pros : -
· Thinner than expected and feels good in hands
· Camera does a good job, a lot of innovative lenses to choose from.
· Silky smooth UI which never hangs
· Highly responsive touch, works even with gloves on
· Games never hang or lag
· Offline maps with Nokia Here works smoothly (Still Google maps are better)
· Nokia music lets you download all latest and old songs direct to the phone. Even regional language songs.
· Full MS office suit.
· Build quality is awesome with a mat finish on its back which gives a firm grip.
· Comparatively less apps that android. But almost all required apps are present.
· No High end gaming as of now due to the 512 ram limitation.
For the price, this phone is too good to resist. It has got everything to win your heart. The colours on the screen appears very sharp and real. I really cant think of any other phone which can give you these features even above 15k.
For those who are still thinking about the apps, one quick info - only Microsoft and Apple checks every apps before its put In the marketplace. Android has lots of apps, but most of them are buggy, they either drain out your battery or consume all the resources which results in poor performance. Every app in windows store is verified for its quality and you can be sure, it wont slow down your phone. In android if you install a few apps, the phone will start slowing down. But I tried around 30 apps installed in windows. No slowing down was noticed. I believe we should be looking at the quality of apps than the quantity.
Go ahead, buy this phone, you wont regret :)"
good phone for display,camera,vedio,browing,and all of them is very good
hany, 25 Sep 2013i wanna purchase this mobile and needed suggestions from the earlier users about this mobile ... more1- only few games r free. Its new platform n apps n games r develope in c# language.. Not c n c++... So definetly developer charge u some amount for ther game n app.. Its common for new platform. With time developers make it free.
2- coz of file manager any hacker hacks ur device easily.. So microsoft avoids file manager here for security. System itself manage all supported files.
3- u only change font size. Not font style. But u can see all languages font.. N type in hindi also.
In my opinion if u hv symbian s60 then dont exchange it. But u hav s40 then exchange it. U hav laptop then definetly go for lumia
hany, 26 Sep 2013is there any way to send apps installed on an windows phone to another windows phone
I hope i... moreNot sure for the apps sending to another Windows Phone.
Me too. I have a plan to switch back to Android. For me lack of many apps still can be considered, but till now Windows Phone doesn't has ePSXe emulator like in Android. Other major disadvantages:
1. Can't attach more than 1 document (Word, Excel)
2. Can't read Word, Excel files in SD card
3. Can't change ringing volume with available ringtones in SD card. Should add ringtones by connecting to PC or download using UC Browser or using apps in Store (makes me doubt, Windows Phones is called smartphone)
4. This is the worst. I use microSD V-Gen with no class, before I update to Lumia Amber, my Lumia had restarted for 18 times by itself. After in Lumia Amber since Sep 9, 2013, it works fine. But when I did reset phone on Sep 20, 2013, in Sep 21, 2013 it restarted by itself again, made annoying, I did hard reset
This Lumia 520 I think will be the first and the last Windows Phone.
vinu520, 26 Sep 20131. Available but not free... Only temple run is free. No other ways
3. It's true, and ... moreis there any way to send apps installed on an windows phone to another windows phone
I hope its time to say goodbye to windows phone and shift to android cause of lack of apps and i think windows phone is for rich kids who can purchase games,apps etc from store and not for a middle class family(no offense).
Have one for a month or so ~ Even with Wifi there are no real updates from Nokia or Windows ~ Seems like a con job !
hany, 25 Sep 2013i wanna purchase this mobile and needed suggestions from the earlier users about this mobile ... moreWhy exchange ??that too for 7500
look at this
that too with cash on delivery option
hany, 25 Sep 2013i wanna purchase this mobile and needed suggestions from the earlier users about this mobile ... more1. Available but not free... Only temple run is free. No other ways
3. It's true, and there is no actual file manager available for windows phone coz of SDK and API limitations.
user available internal memory is about 3.5 GB but day by day it get reduced by Other storage...
in snapdeal you can get this phone for Rs8700 without any exchange offers. If you are currently using a Symbian phone i recommend not to sell or exchange. Keep it as back up phone coz old Symbian phones are more functional in most of the real life situations were windows phone fails.
i wanna purchase this mobile and needed suggestions from the earlier users about this mobile i am a symbian user till now and i decided to shift to another os but many people are using android devices and i want to try different so i choose it and i did surf the web a lot about its advantages and disadvatages and i loved the screen size and the gaming is good(seen from some youtube videos)but here are my doubts :
1.are the games like asphalt,temple run,nfs etc are available for free in store or anywhere(specify)
2.can we change font in windows devices
3.is it true that there is no file manager available and cant we even download it and what is the internal storage available for user exact value
I wanna purchase this mobile in an exchange offer at 7500 at nokia priority
So please reply guys before the offer expires:
Thanks in advance!
rana 520, 25 Sep 2013Thanks dude i have update extra+info and i got call and sms block but it is not working can u ... moreFor me its working fine dude...just go to call history long press the number you get the block option...to unblock it you have to go to settings call+sms block...unblock num..
Can you tell what's it showing for you..?
AnandL520, 25 Sep 2013SysApp Pusher" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=19d44d9e-f18e-4df1-9... moreThanks dude i have update extra+info and i got call and sms block but it is not working can u tel me wat is problem
NikiWP, 25 Sep 2013Install Windows App to Desktop from www.windowsphone.comI have already installed Windows Phone App for Desktop.. but is not showing any option to update the software.. it is only showing Music, Photos, Videos and Podcasts.. I have windows 7 on computer..
I got cheated.In the name of Amber update got the same firmware version replaced,and all this was done by Nokia care