Nokia Lumia 620 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.9

Anyone plz tell me is nokia lumia 620 best for buy smartphone....coz i want to buy it.hav it any problem so,tell me abut it, and l620 hav a font camera so do u use dis cam for vdo calling without Skype.
Thankx in adv.

• 2013-07-19 11:33
  • t}FM

> In reply to sreekanth @ 2013-07-19 10:28 from M64F - click to readThen I request you to help people like undertaker in solving the problems they are facing, many can't be fixed, but some are fixable. So instead of writing I agree and starting to rant, why not lend a helping hand?

• 2013-07-19 11:28
  • n14K

> In reply to undertaker @ 2013-07-18 17:23 from uuVf - click to readcompletely agreeing with undertaker..
i own 620 for last two months and i feel i lost my money.. my personel opinion: stay away from windows phones and lumia series..

• 2013-07-19 10:28
  • M64F

> In reply to BVKM @ 2013-07-19 09:00 from vGCy - click to readYeah right. :D :D.

• 2013-07-19 09:49
  • tt1C

> In reply to BVKM @ 2013-07-19 09:09 from vGCy - click to readYou should have known before hand or at least should have consulted when buying a phone from different country, or shifting to different country. As I mentioned no company not even Samsung, sony, lg, huawei, no one will provide you cross country warranty. So I don't understand why are you blaming only Nokia? Its the same everywhere, with every company. On the other hand if you had communicated with Nokia about your shifting, they might have provided you some assistance with a International Warranty. I am really sorry you landed with a defective piece. But there is nothing anyone can do. You can contact the Nokia care of Quatar and ask for guidance. Contact Stephen Elop, his email id is available for general public. This was the very reason why I didn't bough the Nexus 4 in first place.

• 2013-07-19 09:46
  • tt1C

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-07-19 07:29 from tt1C - click to readFirstly i would thank you for your kind reply : ) and i wish GSMarena gives you a kind of medal or award for best commentator..! :)
but bro , you havent answered all of my problems as there are no answers to all of them. and MANY MANY problems are missing in my previous comment, (ofcourse it is hard to find all problems and post in one comment) I bet no one can solve all the problems i listed above , but then too i thank you for giving me your precious time.
1. here maps cant be downloaded via mobile network.. and i am unable to find a free wifi nearby :( it would be helpful if i could download it via PC. after facing so many issues with this phone i think , here map MUST MUST have some major problems :(
2. camera + flash not working and i am not getting time to visit service centre... have to take it to service centre so early , feels awkward.
3. i cant blame on my internet connection , as same internet connection is fast in c5 03 and OPTIMUS BLACK... :( and i think there are very few apps running on internet in the background.. btw optimus black has more apps than l720 running in background but still it has faster internet :(
4.ANYWAYS 2G CONNECTION IS USELESS ON THIS PHONE.really it works for other android and symbian phones but not for 720... and yesterday after posting my comment i faced new problem >>> my IE is not at all opening web pages.. :( it says "refresh or try again later" why ? just why ? i tried restarting connection , restarting phone , etc but it didnt worked.
friends just tell me one basic function , and i'll tell you my major problem with it.. this phone is now working like walkie-talkie with some music player , image viewver and crap video player...
and really many points were missing in my previous comment i'll write it with some updates...

• 2013-07-19 09:38
  • uuVe

> In reply to trivikram14 @ 2013-07-19 06:45 from w4H9 - click to readWell i can't do anything about it. But I would seriously recommend not to buy the shells at such a hefty price.

• 2013-07-19 09:17
  • vby4

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-07-18 12:22 from tt1L - click to readnow my lumia 620 is not reponding for charging also. my money 13000/- was gone to garbage. you mean to say again i need to spend my money 2000/-to send the same to qutar. what a great advice???

• 2013-07-19 09:09
  • vGCy

no one have that much time to go consumer court. already we had done one mistake to buy Nokia lumia, again we dont want to do the same.

nokia is not a global company, local mobile companies are far better in respect of quality and service.

• 2013-07-19 09:00
  • vGCy

> In reply to undertaker @ 2013-07-18 17:23 from uuVf - click to readFirst of all, No one faked any one. If you feel, you have been faked, you can easily file a report in consumer court again Nokia and MS, if you think your points are valid.

Second you need to understand that this is a relatively new OS, hardly a year has gone in its development. It will take time for it mature and features to be added. Some will be added and some will not because of the architecture of the OS. So patience is the key.

Third I have answered a few of your questions: -

You should really do your home work. Here Maps are available for all WP phone including Here Drive. Even if they weren't. At least Here Maps are available for "all" the Lumias. Is that camera app of Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom officially available for "all" the Galaxy phones? No. - There I bought back my WP theory and blew away your logic out of water. Features and Apps are different things. All Apps available for iOS 7 are available for iOS6 as well and for all the devices that support iOS 6 and 7. So there I blew your iOS logic out of water too.

* i havent found way to copy all contacts (people + facebook) if there is plzz help me. - Where exactly do you want to copy them?

3. camera is awesome ! but dont know why my camera is NOT OPENING form last 2 weeks (i havent got time to visit care centre ) actually it opens and closses in 2 seconds.. well thats really embarrassing ...
*also my other camera apps are also not working :( - One of my friend had this issue, it was hardware related and it needs you to go to service center, no option.

* i have nokia c5 03 , and internet is much faster on it than lumia 720.. i understand about webpages but i apply cheap settings and try not to load much images , then too it is very slow.. :( - You must be having plethora of app running in the background, on top you must be running on 2G, that is why your bandwidth is being sucked more on 720 as opposed to C5, cause in C5 only 5-6 apps could effectively run in background

* and many times my phone says unable to connect store , why so ? and after pasting some apps , my store goes completely blank.. sad i tried pasting 2-3 apps and then install one by one but didnt worked.. :( - I am blaming this on your low connection speed. Try it on 3G or WiFi

5. Music + videos is ok ok but , we cannot send videos...
*i tried pasting videos in picture folder , but god knows why my videos dont show thumbnail right from the beginning :( - Yes thumbnail generation is a issue, clearly don't know why, but I guess, since you have copy pasted the video in the pictures folder, it is not reading the meta data correctly as oppposed to the ones that are directly created in videos folder

*and all songs and videos are not shown in "new".. - Only the ones that you have manually played will be shown in the new section

*the biggest of all is we cannot create playlist in phone ( we can do on pc though) - Yes we can,
1) Run a stop music app and stop all the music. - Its compulsory
7) Add to now playing
8) It will start to play the song showing you the now playing window
9) At the very bottom you will see three songs listed. Tap on them
10) You will see the entire list, again at the bottom you will see a save Icon
11) Tap on it, give the playlist a name. Done.
12) When you want to create a new playlist start from the begining of this tutorial.
13) If you want to add songs to any existing playlist, play that playlist first, go to your songs, select the songs, add to now playing, tap the song list and hit save. Make sure you recheck your selection, you cannot delete any songs from the created playlist, you will have to make new one in that case.

*and my NOW PLAYING function is not at all working , why so ? i tried formatting , reseting but it didnt worked.. :( if i add songs to now playing , they arnt added.. - Can you post a screen shot of that?

6. bluetooth - really complex to use , you have to turn on the bluetooth first and then you can sent pics / music... - Its is done for security measure as no should be able to hack your bluetooth and the devices are sure that they are sending data to intended devices and not to some other device.

7.live tiles dont work properly..they dont update fast.. - I am again blaming your data connection speed, which is low due to the reasons I have mentioned above.

*and ha the pages refresh when we switch between tabs... - Since WP utilizes pseudo multitasking, it doesn't save page information.

• 2013-07-19 07:29

> In reply to Bzinga @ 2013-07-18 14:55 from vbyr - click to readHi Bzinga,

Ya its out of stock in flipkart.

Homeshop 18 price is 1699 Rs.

• 2013-07-19 06:45
  • w4H9

> In reply to undertaker @ 2013-07-18 17:23 from uuVf - click to readTo add to your issue list, now my Lumia 620 heats up like mad whenever my data is on (even if i left it idle with no apps running). Not to mention, this heat is draining the battery like water

• 2013-07-19 05:15
  • IVLg

> In reply to undertaker @ 2013-07-18 17:23 from uuVf - click to readAre you talking about 620 and have bought a 720 or just the 620..????

• 2013-07-19 00:04
  • sXme

plz pals how do I enjoy unlimited 3G in my lumia 620?.. Does it support BIS?..

• 2013-07-18 22:59
  • fsVb

> In reply to undertaker @ 2013-07-18 17:23 from uuVf - click to readSorry but your phone is 1 malfunctioning unit. Take it to service center. (especially because your camera)

• 2013-07-18 22:37
  • 0kZD

> In reply to peter @ 2013-07-18 19:26 from NvRC - click to readYour battery probably dont stand good against connectors, try to check that 1st (you will go off when vibrate too). If not that check if your new memcard is fitted corectly. Good luck!

• 2013-07-18 22:34
  • 0kZD

> In reply to undertaker @ 2013-07-18 17:23 from uuVf - click to readPlease post in Lumia 720 page. This is for 620

• 2013-07-18 22:18
  • vGP{

my phone keeps on going off when i put it in my pocket.i recently bought a 32gb memcard and a casing. what could be the issue.

• 2013-07-18 19:26
  • NvRC

guys i wont say "dont buy this phone" but i'll say you have to adjust many many things.. -_- i have lumia 720 and i want people to be aware of problems i face..
1. phone app is good , but it doesnt show details like missed , received and dialed in different sections ,just like symbian..
2.display is awesome , but you cant adjust brightness manually , you have only 3 levels.. :( while watching movies in complete dark room is a bit irritating ( i tried adjusting brightness automatically , but doesnt work)
*also my other camera apps are also not working :(
4.INTERNET - worse worse than expected ,
*internet explorer automatically zooms if i tilt my screen , it doesnt have "lock" feature.. i say , why a single browser cant have all features..
*also internet explorer doesnt show the size of page.. like it does in my c5...
*again the browser doesnt stores complete "browsing history" it stores history of some pages only..
5. Music + videos is ok ok but , we cannot send videos...
*again we cannot check properties of a song or video , really i mean even cheap phones have this facility
*and all songs and videos are not shown in "new"..
*we can only zoom the video (even that is not manually) we cannot stretch videos , fit to screen , aspect ratios are far away.. ! really frustrating.
*and it doesnt have any "received folder" so we cant even check what we have received via bluetooth..sometimes i cant see songs which i have received via bluetooth
*IF THERE WAS FILE MANAGER MANY OF THESE ISSUES WERE SOLVED.
7.live tiles dont work properly..they dont update fast..
*they just flip all day but dont update in real sense..
*before buying lumia i was told on this site that live tiles need very less data , then why dont they update regularly.. ?
8. many games are either missing in store or just costly...
*and ha the pages refresh when we switch between tabs...
*and we cant save email ID and password in IE.
****9.and there are many many other minor faults , like panorama , cinemograph not working properly ,i LAGS , HANGS... blah blah etc...****
so friends i suggest you to think very very much before buying this phone. and i am sorry if i am wrong somewhere , but try to help me if you have some solutions on it. I'VE TRIED RESTARTING PHONE MANY MANY TIMES , HAD SOFT AND HARD RESET 2-3 TIMES then too i face these problems.. :( i've had a lot of research on this phone before buying and thanks apprentice for helping me so many times :) but really i am getting tired of this soo many problems... this phone is for SOME people who want to be different but this being "different" is really costly and now i thing my phone is NOT WORTH FOR MONEY.. :( again soo many features that attract us to this phone are FAKE or just filled with ADJUSTMENT :( :( nokia faked us , help me if you can , thanks in advance...

• 2013-07-18 17:23
  • uuVf

> In reply to thanos @ 2013-07-18 17:03 from SdWB - click to readIt is bit thicker, 5.5mm vs 4mm. Lateral dimensions are same. So, the power button seems to work fine in my phone.

• 2013-07-18 17:09
  • 2SMH
Total of 13187 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 620.