Nokia Lumia 620 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

9201160

7.9

> In reply to Anti Virus @ 2013-07-03 21:56 from U@aR - click to readWell, as far as I know Bluetooth 3.0 and 4.0 transfer speed is 200-250 kbps. I know it is not very fast but still faster than old Bluetooth.

In Android phone , you can transfer data through WiFi and its speed is mbps. Lets hope in future we can do that in Window Phone too.(waiting for good apps for that)

• 2013-07-04 06:49
  • bCX$

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-04 05:34 from w4sd - click to readI am sorry. But I don't contact some one privately unless they are having some major issue that they are not able to solve even after lengthy discussions. So for finding that app. You are on your own.

• 2013-07-04 06:34
  • tt1N

> In reply to Sreekanth V @ 2013-07-04 05:58 from M64F - click to readHey guys don't under estimate me. I am a software engineer by profession and I know what a file manager and all means I have enough patience to do research and find the solution.- You are a software engineer? Yet you didn't knew how tackle those problems? Come on, you don't even know how to transfer files via bluetooth on WP. I am sorry but I will have to doubt your credibility as a software engineer and your research and your patience as well. Transfering files via bluetooth and making a skype call was one of the first user generated video that came for the Nokia 620.

I am using this mobile for the last one month and I am not feeling it much better than android. - Personal choice, but there are many people who are feeling much better on WP than Android. Not everybody is power user and not every power user need power.

As I have already said it is my personal opinion and I am not advicing others not to buy it. - You never said its was your personal opinion.

and I am not advicing others not to buy it - Are you sure? here are two sentences from your previous comments
1) Its my personal advice to each one of you not to buy this phone.
2) Please don't buy this crap.. I lost my money.. :( - More reasons to doubt your first claim that you are software enginner

I strongly feels windows OS lacks many features and I am disappointed. - Yes it does lack features, but many? I doubt. You are disappointed cause you expected more. You expected more cause you didn't knew the working of WP from the bottom. You didn't knew cause you didn't research enough. Some more reasons.

Dont underestimate other users by blaming u don't have enough knowledge.. - I am not underestimating someone blindly, I have complete list of valid points as I have mentioned above. Here some normal users are finding WP way better than Android. You being a software engineer are having such problems that are just too simple is just beyond understanding.

• 2013-07-04 06:29
  • tt1N

> In reply to AdamBoy64 @ 2013-07-04 01:32 from Fv4$ - click to readIts actually the other way round. Audio quality during call is to notch in L620. Voice is damn clear.

• 2013-07-04 06:22
  • UqXP

Is class 10 micro sd card is supported in l620. Please anyone tried genuinely comment. Im looking to buy one for my l620. Thanks in advance

• 2013-07-04 06:21
  • YQCW

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-07-03 18:51 from tt1N - click to readHey guys don't under estimate me. I am a software engineer by profession and I know what a file manager and all means. I have enough patience to do research and find the solution. I am using this mobile for the last one month and I am not feeling it much better than android. As I have already said it is my personal opinion and I am not advicing others not to buy it. I strongly feels windows OS lacks many features and I am disappointed. U can just accept it or reject it. Dont underestimate other users by blaming u don't have enough knowledge..

• 2013-07-04 05:58
  • M64F

Hey TheApprentice.. !! Just 1 question .. Can we store multiple phone numbers under a single name in contacts ??

• 2013-07-04 05:50
  • bJea

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-07-03 07:45 from tt1C - click to readGud day!

Thanks Bro... Il chk it.. If u come across any apps, please notify me.. Thanks in advance.

My email id : rajesh_ls84@yahoo.co.in

• 2013-07-04 05:34
  • w4sd

> In reply to Malak @ 2013-07-03 22:02 from vbTx - click to readIf you have documents .docx files on phone memory, you can edit it, but if the format is .doc, you can't edit yet. Microsoft Office can edit 2007 or 2010 or newer (maybe) format extension.

• 2013-07-04 04:55
  • 6%6d

> In reply to AdamBoy64 @ 2013-07-04 01:32 from Fv4$ - click to readI haven't faced any till now, and neither did I see any one reporting.

• 2013-07-04 04:37
  • tt1N

Hey TheApprentice.. !! Just 1 question .. Can we store multiple numbers under a single name in contacts ??
Thanks in advance .. :-D

• 2013-07-04 04:35
  • tUrR

Hello, i've been reading a lot of reviews about this phone and the most dominant problem with this phone is its battery. For we know that there are lot of possibilities why the battery is draining too fast and that can also be solved for some solution which may or may not be effective in a short or long period of time. Nevertheless, i love the display of this phone and now i refer this one than lumia 520 as it has more functions.

• 2013-07-04 02:15
  • P@1G

I've read in a review that the Lumia 620 has poor call quality. Has anyone been using this phone frequently for calls - or know what the call quality is like?

Thanks for your time.

• 2013-07-04 01:32
  • Fv4$

> In reply to Malak @ 2013-07-03 22:02 from vbTx - click to readVideos can only be saved inside the app. Where are your docs located? Phone memory or sd card?

• 2013-07-03 22:45
  • vGP@

Guys i hav heard that almost all gud apps in wp8 are paid apps...is it true?

• 2013-07-03 22:29
  • 7qx4

helo ppl,
i'm using dis phone since a month, nd i was an andriod user previously, so nw i hav few question:-
1- where cn i see my videos which i hav downloaded from you-tube downloader?? I hav connected my mob to my laptop bt it doesnt shoe doe videos.

2- How to edit office document in device??

3- wht is office 365?? nd is it free?? Actually im gonna use dis device fr my ofice wrk bt i cn't edit ne doc. It says cn't edit dis wrkbok nd whereas i cn edit dos sample wrkbok which is inbuilt in dis device.

Kindly ne1 knw dhn plzzz give me ur feedback. it wil b highly appreciated.

Thank You.

• 2013-07-03 22:02
  • vbTx

> In reply to SuperNexus @ 2013-07-03 16:43 from bCX$ - click to readi know about 3.0 & 4.0 .....but how much fast....only a2dp profile works fast(needed both device a2dp supported for fast transfer)....and edr is not supported in maximum devices....

• 2013-07-03 21:56
  • U@aR

> In reply to Anonymous999 @ 2013-07-03 20:00 from Mfxt - click to readSoft reset won't. Hard reset will.

• 2013-07-03 20:27
  • tt1N

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-07-03 18:07 from tt1N - click to readresetting the phone will clear all installed apps on my device?

• 2013-07-03 20:00
  • Mfxt

> In reply to Sreekanth V @ 2013-07-03 11:02 from M64F - click to readFor the start I would like to say WP is new, specially WP8 its just an year old, even Android didn't had a file manager when it was released, you had to root it to install a file manager, the file manager itself was also very limited only photos, docs, videos and temp files. It too didn't had a search function. Point is things start from somewhere and then they grow, Usain Bolt didn't break the world record when he was born neither did he break it when he learned to run. Hard work, patience, sacrifices are to be made. Also every OS has its own way of doing things, you certainly can't expect every OS to be same.

1. We don't have a file manager built in on the phone. It is very difficult to store our photos and videos on the phone. Sometimes videos goes to photos section. We don't have an option to view the filename so how can we search a file if the number of photos are very huge. - My point of view is I never searched photos by names, I search photos by their thumbnails, I know recent photos end up at bottom so I can start my search there. I currently have 594 photos in my phone, never had a problem searching for them. For some videos ending in photo section, those are the videos that you got from other sources or your own recorded, since they are content free, they can be shared without restrictions and only way for videos to have share option is when they are pictures folder. I do a small trick for my photo sharing and searching. My autoback up of photos is on. My photos automatically get uploaded to the Skydrive. My Skydrive is synced to my PC. So whenever I click a photo it gets uploaded to my Skydrive and at the same moment downloaded to my PC. Even when I delete my pics from the phone, they remain in my Skydrive and in PC. From PC I can easily search, select, and transfer them.

2. We can't transfer video files through bluetooth to any other mobile(even to Windows phone)!! - Yes, you can. You will have to pair the devices first, then only it will give you the option to share via bluetooth.

3. Most of the video formats are not supporting like flv.. - Yes, currently the video support is limited, VLC is said to be coming and it will bring the codec support with it. Till then you can use Format Factory to convert your videos to compatible format.

4. Battery life is very bad. If we put the phone idle with the internet on the battery drains very quickly. - If you have recently brought this phone, then give it a week or two to come to its optimum capacity. Todays batteries need a few recharge cycles to work to their full potential. With Internet on and idle I get 15-16 hrs of backup

5. We don't have enough useful apps in the app store for windows. For example you gave NewsHunt. We have Weave News Reader for that. Plus Flipboard is also coming. So its just a matter of waiting. You also have Collector. Which works with Pocket, in which you can store news via your pc browser and sync it to phone for your later reading.

6. The Nokia Map is a crap. It doesn't hold any useful info and the routes showing is not accurate compared to google map. - I won't say crap, Nokia's offline turn by turn Navigation is best in the world, but yes Nokia maps do lack info as compared to Google Maps. They are in the process of making it better. But you still can use the Google Maps on this phone as well, there is an app called gMaps.

7. The FB app is not good. We dont have an option to share any post which is posted by any other person. - You can share post, don't know how you came to this conclusion. Just tap on the right side pointing arrow below each post and share.

8. The default browser is Internet Explorer which is not that much good. Also the default search engine is Bing and it is not that much good as google. - Yes IE is very limited in terms of features, You can give UC browser a try. You can change the search engine to Google. Just open up IE - Options - Settings - Advance Settings - Default search provided - Google.

Totally I disappointed with the mobile and am now looking to sell it and try any Android set in the same range like Samsung S3 mini or Sony Xperia P. - Completely your choice, but as far as I can say, you lack the knowledge of using this OS and hence you are dissapointed, the OS itself has nothing to do your inability

Please don't buy this crap.. I lost my money.. :( - Calling this a crap shows you have not done your research properly, you lack understanding and patience. Instead of calling it names, if you had asked questions here, we would have solved your problems like I just did. But No, all the guys like you just know how to whine about it and blame on others. I say give WP another month and ask your questions here, then you can decide if you want to stay or sell

• 2013-07-03 18:51
  • tt1N
Total of 12904 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 620.