Nokia Lumia 620 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

10204750

7.9

> In reply to N500 @ 2013-07-19 11:33 from t}FM - click to readdid the l620 has youtube and google search

• 2013-07-20 07:28
  • fsV9

> In reply to NikiWP @ 2013-07-20 07:13 from Kx5q - click to readYep, was just about to post, spraying those bugs, they must :D

• 2013-07-20 07:22
  • tt1I

Hi users, WhatsApp is updated again. Now its version 2.10.523.0 (July 19, 2013).

• 2013-07-20 07:13
  • Kx5q

> In reply to SuperNexus @ 2013-07-20 03:39 from bCX$ - click to readWP is 3 year old, it doesn't matter WP 7 is a trash - I didnt say WP is trash, I said WP is "trashed"

Change in version and kernel doesn't make WP new. - Then you surely know nothing about it and no point in arguing with you on it.

WP 3% market share consist both WP8 and WP7.X. We as a consumer know WP since 2010. - Thats because WP7 people are getting converted to WP8 and I am pretty sure it is more than 3%. In UK WP8 has already gained 10%. And when has market share become a sign of anything? Ferraris have low market share, MAC's have low market share, but yet they are good. Everything starts from somewhere. Some grow fast, some start slow. How much market share Andorid had when after 3 years of it launch?

Google believe in openness, so it has its limitation security. I know Android is unsecured, so I can't argue with you in that but if you are little caution, then you never face this problem. - Googles belief is having major consquences, what is more important a belief of a company or the private data of the user.

And bout Samsung and Nokia. I don't know why you hate Samsung so much. - I don't hate, who told you that? I might have a disliking, but not hate. but I bought Samsung here, cause it is on the top.

But Samsung does have decent camera. No, expert till now ever told that samsung camera is bad. - as compared to Nokia 808, 920, 925. 928 and 1020, I guess even 720's camera is better than S4

But Nokia provide even better Camera.But I am not a Superman who need motion stabilizer or a Batman or vampire who want to take pics in night.Normally people take pics in normal condition and I think most of camera is more than enough for normal use and about Nokia camera - So only superheroes need those features?!? Childish comment. Do you even know what you are taking about? Many people go clubbing at night on fridays and saturdays. Normal conditions are also cloudy and low light in many countries through out most of the year. Chal even if they are not, but having a motion stabilizer and good low light imaging is still a plus point on one that doesn't have.

HTC One is even better than any Lumia in video recording - HTC One "was" good, cause it was using Nokia HAAC Mics, which Nokia slapped a case on HTC and HTC removed them. May be you need to update yourself.

Lumia is a better in taking pics , so I think it still not good enough to brag so much. - We got it we flaunt it, People are asking for it, and I am giving them. I am in a fanboy mode.

Samsung does provide decent phone, remember when I ask for a suggestion Android phone and you told me a Samsung phone. Because you know they provide most in less value and that is why they are number one. - Thats because there are no decent options in Android, So many OEM's but yet I have to settle for one company I dislike. I suggested out compulsion not out of will.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It has excellent battery backup(no matter how i use ,i never able to finish its battery in one day), awesome screen, good camera and I like to use its multi window function. I know most of features in Samsung are nothing more than a trash but some are very good and their phone for a normal use is very good. i have no complain about that. - Neither do I have complain about my 620 even though it is not much compared to Note 2, whats your point?

• 2013-07-20 07:00
  • tt1I

> In reply to SuperNexus @ 2013-07-20 03:39 from bCX$ - click to readOhh.. man.
what is ur problem..
if u dnt like wp8 os then its ur choice.. leave it..
its comon sence dude wp8 is still in development. lots of features are coming in near 6 months gdr2,gdr3 n wp8.1 blue.
r u comparing fully matured os with wp.
just take a break man.

n u comparing l620 low end phones camra with htc flagship device htc 1.. r u creazy dude. just compare it with l920, 925 or recent l1020.
lots of ppl likes these diff. varients phones.
if u dnt like these flagships then its ur problem. no 1 cares.

i also hate samsung coz 8k n 45k phones looks same. no any innovation. just make same hardware with same design n put android os in that..
samsung uses cheap plastic.. even s4 also made by cheap plastic. what the hell dude.
i compair xperia sp 24k phone with s4 45k.. xperia xp air guester is far better than s4. Seriously.
samsung is copycat..
he copy others innovations n Impliment fastly n launch in market..
bt sony, nokia, apple work hard on that then launch it..
just try 2 check..
at launching time what is price of samsung device and nokia, sony, apple. n check ther price after 6 months. samsung device price reduced more than half.. bt nokia, sony n apple products price not reduced or very least reduced.. now u decide what is actual cost of manufacturing device.

• 2013-07-20 06:53
  • Hkqs

> In reply to mohsin @ 2013-07-19 22:39 from GQij - click to readUnless, battery drain is combined with over heating, you are in a good spot.

• 2013-07-20 06:42
  • tt1I

> In reply to Nova @ 2013-07-19 19:15 from IWUT - click to readNo, that game works for 1 GB RAM only.

• 2013-07-20 06:27
  • Kx5q

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-07-19 19:55 from tt1I - click to readHahaha.....
WP is 3 year old, it doesn't matter WP 7 is a trash, Change in version and kernel doesn't make WP new.WP 3% market share consist both WP8 and WP7.X. We as a consumer know WP since 2010.

And bout Samsung and Nokia. I don't know why you hate Samsung so much. But Samsung does have decent camera. No, expert till now ever told that samsung camera is bad. But Nokia provide even better Camera.But I am not a Superman who need motion stabilizer or a Batman or vampire who want to take pics in night.
Normally people take pics in normal condition and I think most of camera is more than enough for normal use and about Nokia camera, HTC One is even better than any Lumia in video recording, Lumia is a better in taking pics , so I think it still not good enough to brag so much.

• 2013-07-20 03:39
  • bCX$

I charged my lumia 620 overtime twice, as i kept it for charging and forgot to switch it off, will it be a problem ? Coz now it seems like battery doesn't stay for longer hours !

• 2013-07-19 22:39
  • GQij

hey apprentice
i got an connectivity error un whatsapp regarding push notifications....and it ask me to reboot the phone...how to do that????

• 2013-07-19 21:42
  • s8fD

> In reply to SuperNexus @ 2013-07-19 16:00 from bCX$ - click to read:D :D :D I was expecting you, I knew you would come out of the blue when I started to write that comment, to defend your precious little green bot. But today I am in fanboy mode. I respect Android, it made a revolution possible in the software side, what Nokia did with hardware, people have all the right to call Android awesome, but not at an expense of calling other OSes trash.

But Can you tell me what features you are missing on Android Jelly Beam. I think normal user doesn't miss any extra feature but where as WP still missing tones of features. - I agree, I also don't miss any features on WP, neither notification center, neither file manager, neither background downloading, neither real time multitasking, neither songs and video sharing, none. Seriously none at all. But yes an average user will miss those, but once he/she learns the way around and accept the way of doing things I pretty sure they won't miss it. But then again Android development is on 4 major version. WP8 hasn't even crossed 1 sub version. So of course the features will be missing. But still I am missing MS Office and OS level skydrive integration as my office and home are completely dependent on Skydrive. I miss the OS social network integration. I don't have twitter app, only FB that too beta, that too cause I am registered for the beta program to submit bugs and features.

matter of preference. - Exactly, then why did you even post this topic?

Well WP is now nearly 3 year old OS but still lacking many features and Microsoft has no intention to listening to their customer. - You very well know that is not true and what is current situation at MS Camp. WP8 is just 9 months old, whatever development they made for WP7 is trashed. With new kernel everything was started from fresh, nothing from WP7 carried on to WP8. So, no 3 years is invalid.

Android is unsecured but it has its protection(Antivirus). - If you have read the articles carefully that I have mentioned, you will clearly know that the Antivirus is not enough. Antivirus has also been on Windows since 95, but still you see computers getting infected and hacked, same goes for Android too.

I am also using Android phone and I can't even remember how many apps I have install in but never face any lag, virus and bug problem. - Even I can argue that I haven't got a single virus or malware from last three years on my PC, but that doesn't mean its not out there and others are not vulnerable. You and other 10% like you don't, but other 90% do, that why you have apps like memory cleaner, temp file cleaner, cache cleaner, memory optimizer, background task killer, that why there are 1000's pages on XDA complaining such issues, that why I see people suggesting to use light launchers, light themes, custom roms and what not just so that their device runs smoother. Google itself acknowledged the lag problem in this years I/O. The biggest proof is that Google had to launch a complete separate project aka Project Butter, just to make the UI smooth. Same goes for virus and bug problem, you didn't get it, doesn't mean its not out there and majority of user are not protected because they don't know the risks. This is why iOS and WP runs a tight ship when it comes to OS. Google can make changes to Android and make Android much more safer, but they are not doing it as it will mean a complete overhaul of the Android. They are choosing their own convienece over user privacy and security and they wouldn't mind, since users data is their source of income. The more they get they its better for them.

I already told you that Android is leader in OS, so that is why 92% hackers are targeting Android(Same reason why PC Window OS has so many virus). - iOS is also a leader in mobile OS, its even has more vulnerabilities than Android yet the reason why hackers are targetting Android is cause its way too easy, Java had and has a history of being vulnerable to security holes, Google knew this, yet it went with Dalvik. If Windows situation is the example, Google should make appropriate changes to the OS. You just can't sit there and say, since we are number one, its oks that hackers hack our system and your data. Specially for a mobile device that stores high level of sensitive data. That why you don't see any securities agencies picking up Android for their workers, that why BB was famous and now they are being replaced by iOS and WP.

Where is WP is now almost 3 year old and still at 3% global market share. So, that is why Hackers aren't interested in WP. I also thought that at first, but if you are hacker, you don't care about the market share, you just want to the data. So, for me its just a stupid excuse and no its not same as desktop cause phones store much more sensitive data than desktops.

True Nokia L520 is the best phone in its price range but what about high end phone. I think Nokia has nothing to offer in high end except camera(which they always brag about). - What does Samsung have? They don't even have a decent camera, Camera of 925 can easily beat that of S4, it also has HAAC mics. All they have is a raw power of core, gigs and inches, that is required purely for the OS to run smooth. Even cheap chinese companies are today have quad cores, gigs and inches, what does Samsung have over them?

You are over reacting on Android OS security. It is completely safe as long you download apps from Play store but torrents and other sites are very risky. You must be knowing Google Bouncer, you know how much it has managed till now? Google says it was able to clean 40% of the Play store. So rest 60% is still there. Average user downloads from play store itself, they hardly know about side loading, yet they suffer from virus and malware attacks. So no, even the play store is not safe. Read those articles carefully again.

• 2013-07-19 19:55
  • tt1I

Guys, can you please tell me modern combat 4 is plable in this mobile??

• 2013-07-19 19:15
  • IWUT

Those confused between lumia 620 & 520 ..i must say first see your budget...
if u r tight in terms of price go for 520...its best in its own price range...
but if u r ready to spend some extra bucks for extra features...than i must say that u should undoubtedly buy lumia 620...
Lumia 620 display is quite better than that of 520(dont go after size-3.8 of 620 vs 4.0 of 520)..(features like Sunlight readability are really felt essential during use)..also camera flash is really worth having...

rest is ur choice guys...cheers..

• 2013-07-19 19:06
  • vb8n

Hi all, I can't seem to download anything from the store of lately. It gives me a 'Microsoft account services are not available at the moment'. Although I can check my mails and everything. And yes, i've tried changing the date settings... So please Help! Apprentice??

• 2013-07-19 17:58
  • U@FD

> In reply to N500 @ 2013-07-19 16:33 from t}T2 - click to readNothing is best.
L620 is better than Canvas(my personal opinion). If you are looking for Android phone then look for some better brand like Sony, Samsung, Over priced phone of HTC, under rated LG etc....

• 2013-07-19 16:38
  • bCX$

Can tell me plz which one is best wp or android...os n which phon is best l620 or canvas HD

• 2013-07-19 16:33
  • t}T2

> In reply to 800 @ 2013-07-19 12:43 from t}dC - click to readGo for 620 if you are not a heavy user. It gives you a more complete win phone experience and has a much better screen than the 520

• 2013-07-19 16:25
  • vb8k

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-07-19 13:38 from fCLC - click to readI share little different view point than you.

Yeah! Android lack(specially Budget Phone)when it come to software update.
So, Who you will choose, the one where you get all features or the one who giving you in installment(update) or may be you never going to get it. I think its a matter of preference.

Android is unsecured but it has its protection(Antivirus). I am also using Android phone and I can't even remember how many apps I have install in but never face any lag, virus and bug problem.

1. Android - Most Unsecured Platform
2. iOS- Most Vulnerable Platform
3. WP - Most Buggiest Platform

• 2013-07-19 16:00
  • bCX$

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-07-19 12:36 from n1tU - click to readThanks you . I'm gonna but lm 720 today :)

• 2013-07-19 15:08
  • HHHH
Total of 13321 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 620.