TheApprentice, 19 Jul 201334% Android devices still stuck on gingerbread and you call that update? Numerous malware, vi... moreandroid Gingerbread released at end 2010 and not cosider old os cause it has alot branch update the final update for gingerbread on june 2012 and most phone andrid work with Jelly Bean now . about virus you can downlad anti virus from play store like avg avast with out any problem coz android have modren system windows phone not infect with virus cos it have poor system specifications like old java phone.andrid exceed on wp .and there is no superiority piont of wp over android
Hi, want to buy smartphone, confused to choose lumia 520 or lumia 620. Pls help
love this phone verry good and the apps are usefull not useless like iphone never had an issue love the phone
Hi, I want to purchase new smartphone, but confused which to buy, lumia 520 or 620?
zzeenn, 19 Jul 2013Can the lm 620 support videocall . Or wich is gOod 620 or 720 ??? Please an thanks in advanceNo idea about the video call. I personally never saw that option, so I am not sure why? Whether my operator doesnt allow it, or the os doesnt allow it or something else. 720 is better.
TheApprentice, 19 Jul 201334% Android devices still stuck on gingerbread and you call that update? Numerous malware, vi... moreCan the lm 620 support videocall . Or wich is gOod 620 or 720 ??? Please an thanks in advance
timur, 19 Jul 2013i agree with you undertaker i do mistake when i bought windos phone wp is very underdeveloped ... more34% Android devices still stuck on gingerbread and you call that update?
Numerous malware, virus and security issues is your definition of awesome OS then I am not gonna stop you. LOL. Then you are absolutely right 100% marks for Android for being the most insecure OS.
N500, 19 Jul 2013Anyone plz tell me is nokia lumia 620 best for buy smartphone....coz i want to buy it.hav it a... moreWhat are your requirements? The battery of the device is not upto the mark if your into gaming. Have no idea about cellular video calling. But I guess WP doesn't support it.
undertaker, 18 Jul 2013guys i wont say "dont buy this phone" but i'll say you have to adjust many many thin... morei agree with you undertaker i do mistake when i bought windos phone wp is very underdeveloped and there is no comparision point with great android.and windos phone not considered smart phone.and there is no Continuously update the system like android i give 0 point to windos phone and on the other hand android 100 point
Anyone plz tell me is nokia lumia 620 best for buy smartphone....coz i want to buy it.hav it any problem so,tell me abut it, and l620 hav a font camera so do u use dis cam for vdo calling without Skype.
Thankx in adv.
sreekanth, 19 Jul 2013completely agreeing with undertaker.. i own 620 for last two months and i feel i lost my mone... moreThen I request you to help people like undertaker in solving the problems they are facing, many can't be fixed, but some are fixable. So instead of writing I agree and starting to rant, why not lend a helping hand?
undertaker, 18 Jul 2013guys i wont say "dont buy this phone" but i'll say you have to adjust many many thin... morecompletely agreeing with undertaker..
i own 620 for last two months and i feel i lost my money.. my personel opinion: stay away from windows phones and lumia series..
BVKM, 19 Jul 2013now my lumia 620 is not reponding for charging also. my money 13000/- was gone to garbage. you... moreYou should have known before hand or at least should have consulted when buying a phone from different country, or shifting to different country. As I mentioned no company not even Samsung, sony, lg, huawei, no one will provide you cross country warranty. So I don't understand why are you blaming only Nokia? Its the same everywhere, with every company. On the other hand if you had communicated with Nokia about your shifting, they might have provided you some assistance with a International Warranty. I am really sorry you landed with a defective piece. But there is nothing anyone can do. You can contact the Nokia care of Quatar and ask for guidance. Contact Stephen Elop, his email id is available for general public. This was the very reason why I didn't bough the Nexus 4 in first place.
TheApprentice, 19 Jul 2013First of all, No one faked any one. If you feel, you have been faked, you can easily file a re... moreFirstly i would thank you for your kind reply : ) and i wish GSMarena gives you a kind of medal or award for best commentator..! :)
but bro , you havent answered all of my problems as there are no answers to all of them. and MANY MANY problems are missing in my previous comment, (ofcourse it is hard to find all problems and post in one comment) I bet no one can solve all the problems i listed above , but then too i thank you for giving me your precious time.
1. here maps cant be downloaded via mobile network.. and i am unable to find a free wifi nearby :( it would be helpful if i could download it via PC. after facing so many issues with this phone i think , here map MUST MUST have some major problems :(
2. camera + flash not working and i am not getting time to visit service centre... have to take it to service centre so early , feels awkward.
3. i cant blame on my internet connection , as same internet connection is fast in c5 03 and OPTIMUS BLACK... :( and i think there are very few apps running on internet in the background.. btw optimus black has more apps than l720 running in background but still it has faster internet :(
4.ANYWAYS 2G CONNECTION IS USELESS ON THIS PHONE.really it works for other android and symbian phones but not for 720... and yesterday after posting my comment i faced new problem >>> my IE is not at all opening web pages.. :( it says "refresh or try again later" why ? just why ? i tried restarting connection , restarting phone , etc but it didnt worked.
friends just tell me one basic function , and i'll tell you my major problem with it.. this phone is now working like walkie-talkie with some music player , image viewver and crap video player...
and really many points were missing in my previous comment i'll write it with some updates...
trivikram14, 19 Jul 2013Hi Bzinga, Ya its out of stock in flipkart. Homeshop 18 price is 1699 Rs. Well i can't do anything about it. But I would seriously recommend not to buy the shells at such a hefty price.
TheApprentice, 18 Jul 2013Sorry for the bad experience, you won't get cross country warranty from any company for any pr... morenow my lumia 620 is not reponding for charging also. my money 13000/- was gone to garbage. you mean to say again i need to spend my money 2000/-to send the same to qutar. what a great advice???
no one have that much time to go consumer court. already we had done one mistake to buy Nokia lumia, again we dont want to do the same.
nokia is not a global company, local mobile companies are far better in respect of quality and service.
undertaker, 18 Jul 2013guys i wont say "dont buy this phone" but i'll say you have to adjust many many thin... moreFirst of all, No one faked any one. If you feel, you have been faked, you can easily file a report in consumer court again Nokia and MS, if you think your points are valid.
Second you need to understand that this is a relatively new OS, hardly a year has gone in its development. It will take time for it mature and features to be added. Some will be added and some will not because of the architecture of the OS. So patience is the key.
Third I have answered a few of your questions: -
You should really do your home work. Here Maps are available for all WP phone including Here Drive. Even if they weren't. At least Here Maps are available for "all" the Lumias. Is that camera app of Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom officially available for "all" the Galaxy phones? No. - There I bought back my WP theory and blew away your logic out of water. Features and Apps are different things. All Apps available for iOS 7 are available for iOS6 as well and for all the devices that support iOS 6 and 7. So there I blew your iOS logic out of water too.
* i havent found way to copy all contacts (people + facebook) if there is plzz help me. - Where exactly do you want to copy them?
3. camera is awesome ! but dont know why my camera is NOT OPENING form last 2 weeks (i havent got time to visit care centre ) actually it opens and closses in 2 seconds.. well thats really embarrassing ...
*also my other camera apps are also not working :( - One of my friend had this issue, it was hardware related and it needs you to go to service center, no option.
* i have nokia c5 03 , and internet is much faster on it than lumia 720.. i understand about webpages but i apply cheap settings and try not to load much images , then too it is very slow.. :( - You must be having plethora of app running in the background, on top you must be running on 2G, that is why your bandwidth is being sucked more on 720 as opposed to C5, cause in C5 only 5-6 apps could effectively run in background
* and many times my phone says unable to connect store , why so ? and after pasting some apps , my store goes completely blank.. sad i tried pasting 2-3 apps and then install one by one but didnt worked.. :( - I am blaming this on your low connection speed. Try it on 3G or WiFi
5. Music + videos is ok ok but , we cannot send videos...
*i tried pasting videos in picture folder , but god knows why my videos dont show thumbnail right from the beginning :( - Yes thumbnail generation is a issue, clearly don't know why, but I guess, since you have copy pasted the video in the pictures folder, it is not reading the meta data correctly as oppposed to the ones that are directly created in videos folder
*and all songs and videos are not shown in "new".. - Only the ones that you have manually played will be shown in the new section
*the biggest of all is we cannot create playlist in phone ( we can do on pc though) - Yes we can,
1) Run a stop music app and stop all the music. - Its compulsory
2) Go to music+videos
4) Tap to left of any songs, you will the check boxes
5) Select the songs you want in the playlist
6) Tap on the three dots
7) Add to now playing
8) It will start to play the song showing you the now playing window
9) At the very bottom you will see three songs listed. Tap on them
10) You will see the entire list, again at the bottom you will see a save Icon
11) Tap on it, give the playlist a name. Done.
12) When you want to create a new playlist start from the begining of this tutorial.
13) If you want to add songs to any existing playlist, play that playlist first, go to your songs, select the songs, add to now playing, tap the song list and hit save. Make sure you recheck your selection, you cannot delete any songs from the created playlist, you will have to make new one in that case.
*and my NOW PLAYING function is not at all working , why so ? i tried formatting , reseting but it didnt worked.. :( if i add songs to now playing , they arnt added.. - Can you post a screen shot of that?
6. bluetooth - really complex to use , you have to turn on the bluetooth first and then you can sent pics / music... - Its is done for security measure as no should be able to hack your bluetooth and the devices are sure that they are sending data to intended devices and not to some other device.
7.live tiles dont work properly..they dont update fast.. - I am again blaming your data connection speed, which is low due to the reasons I have mentioned above.
*and ha the pages refresh when we switch between tabs... - Since WP utilizes pseudo multitasking, it doesn't save page information.