TheApprentice, 03 Jul 2013I am not sure, never used any, you can check on www.windowsphone.comGud day!
Thanks Bro... Il chk it.. If u come across any apps, please notify me.. Thanks in advance.
My email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Malak, 03 Jul 2013helo ppl, i'm using dis phone since a month, nd i was an andriod user previously, so nw i hav... moreIf you have documents .docx files on phone memory, you can edit it, but if the format is .doc, you can't edit yet. Microsoft Office can edit 2007 or 2010 or newer (maybe) format extension.
Hey TheApprentice.. !! Just 1 question .. Can we store multiple numbers under a single name in contacts ??
Thanks in advance .. :-D
Hello, i've been reading a lot of reviews about this phone and the most dominant problem with this phone is its battery. For we know that there are lot of possibilities why the battery is draining too fast and that can also be solved for some solution which may or may not be effective in a short or long period of time. Nevertheless, i love the display of this phone and now i refer this one than lumia 520 as it has more functions.
I've read in a review that the Lumia 620 has poor call quality. Has anyone been using this phone frequently for calls - or know what the call quality is like?
Thanks for your time.
Malak, 03 Jul 2013helo ppl, i'm using dis phone since a month, nd i was an andriod user previously, so nw i hav... moreVideos can only be saved inside the app. Where are your docs located? Phone memory or sd card?
Guys i hav heard that almost all gud apps in wp8 are paid apps...is it true?
i'm using dis phone since a month, nd i was an andriod user previously, so nw i hav few question:-
1- where cn i see my videos which i hav downloaded from you-tube downloader?? I hav connected my mob to my laptop bt it doesnt shoe doe videos.
2- How to edit office document in device??
3- wht is office 365?? nd is it free?? Actually im gonna use dis device fr my ofice wrk bt i cn't edit ne doc. It says cn't edit dis wrkbok nd whereas i cn edit dos sample wrkbok which is inbuilt in dis device.
Kindly ne1 knw dhn plzzz give me ur feedback. it wil b highly appreciated.
SuperNexus, 03 Jul 2013Today's smartphones Bluetooth(3.0 and 4.0) transfer speed are much faster than previous Blueto... morei know about 3.0 & 4.0 .....but how much fast....only a2dp profile works fast(needed both device a2dp supported for fast transfer)....and edr is not supported in maximum devices....
Anonymous999, 03 Jul 2013resetting the phone will clear all installed apps on my device?Soft reset won't. Hard reset will.
Sreekanth V, 03 Jul 2013I am using Nokia Lumia 620 for the past one month. I sadly admit that it was a wrong decision ... moreFor the start I would like to say WP is new, specially WP8 its just an year old, even Android didn't had a file manager when it was released, you had to root it to install a file manager, the file manager itself was also very limited only photos, docs, videos and temp files. It too didn't had a search function. Point is things start from somewhere and then they grow, Usain Bolt didn't break the world record when he was born neither did he break it when he learned to run. Hard work, patience, sacrifices are to be made. Also every OS has its own way of doing things, you certainly can't expect every OS to be same.
1. We don't have a file manager built in on the phone. It is very difficult to store our photos and videos on the phone. Sometimes videos goes to photos section. We don't have an option to view the filename so how can we search a file if the number of photos are very huge. - My point of view is I never searched photos by names, I search photos by their thumbnails, I know recent photos end up at bottom so I can start my search there. I currently have 594 photos in my phone, never had a problem searching for them. For some videos ending in photo section, those are the videos that you got from other sources or your own recorded, since they are content free, they can be shared without restrictions and only way for videos to have share option is when they are pictures folder. I do a small trick for my photo sharing and searching. My autoback up of photos is on. My photos automatically get uploaded to the Skydrive. My Skydrive is synced to my PC. So whenever I click a photo it gets uploaded to my Skydrive and at the same moment downloaded to my PC. Even when I delete my pics from the phone, they remain in my Skydrive and in PC. From PC I can easily search, select, and transfer them.
2. We can't transfer video files through bluetooth to any other mobile(even to Windows phone)!! - Yes, you can. You will have to pair the devices first, then only it will give you the option to share via bluetooth.
3. Most of the video formats are not supporting like flv.. - Yes, currently the video support is limited, VLC is said to be coming and it will bring the codec support with it. Till then you can use Format Factory to convert your videos to compatible format.
4. Battery life is very bad. If we put the phone idle with the internet on the battery drains very quickly. - If you have recently brought this phone, then give it a week or two to come to its optimum capacity. Todays batteries need a few recharge cycles to work to their full potential. With Internet on and idle I get 15-16 hrs of backup
5. We don't have enough useful apps in the app store for windows. For example you gave NewsHunt. We have Weave News Reader for that. Plus Flipboard is also coming. So its just a matter of waiting. You also have Collector. Which works with Pocket, in which you can store news via your pc browser and sync it to phone for your later reading.
6. The Nokia Map is a crap. It doesn't hold any useful info and the routes showing is not accurate compared to google map. - I won't say crap, Nokia's offline turn by turn Navigation is best in the world, but yes Nokia maps do lack info as compared to Google Maps. They are in the process of making it better. But you still can use the Google Maps on this phone as well, there is an app called gMaps.
7. The FB app is not good. We dont have an option to share any post which is posted by any other person. - You can share post, don't know how you came to this conclusion. Just tap on the right side pointing arrow below each post and share.
8. The default browser is Internet Explorer which is not that much good. Also the default search engine is Bing and it is not that much good as google. - Yes IE is very limited in terms of features, You can give UC browser a try. You can change the search engine to Google. Just open up IE - Options - Settings - Advance Settings - Default search provided - Google.
Totally I disappointed with the mobile and am now looking to sell it and try any Android set in the same range like Samsung S3 mini or Sony Xperia P. - Completely your choice, but as far as I can say, you lack the knowledge of using this OS and hence you are dissapointed, the OS itself has nothing to do your inability
Please don't buy this crap.. I lost my money.. :( - Calling this a crap shows you have not done your research properly, you lack understanding and patience. Instead of calling it names, if you had asked questions here, we would have solved your problems like I just did. But No, all the guys like you just know how to whine about it and blame on others. I say give WP another month and ask your questions here, then you can decide if you want to stay or sell
sazan, 03 Jul 2013You are right android is better too much than windos also old symbian better than windos phone... moreWindows is way better than android, more smooth, fluid, secure and fast. Just because some third party app did not work, it does not mean android is better.
Anonymous999, 03 Jul 2013What's your phone's current firmware version? and i have another problem with my handset i.e.,... moreMine is 1030.6407.1308.0001
Your storage check will keep on running if your phone is connected to the PC. If the phone is not connected. Try the following.
1) Do a soft reset while holding Volume down+Lock Key for 10 secs
2) Try the Lumia Storage check beta
3) Take a backup and hard reset your phone
subhi, 03 Jul 2013The apprentice plz tell me main basic app in window phone store which is useful and best app..... moreI use both wechat as well as talk.to as they serve different functions wechat is mobile contacts messenger while talk.to is for Google and FB chat.
neeraj.rathore, 03 Jul 20131. How can you say like this. It is the most useful way to store the files and all other stuff... moreYou are right android is better too much than windos also old symbian better than windos phone you can use sygic application on android in sygic map you can see all things and site in your city i do mistake when i get windows phone my advice no one loss money to buy windos phone
Sreekanth V, 03 Jul 20131. "File manager and such ancient insecure crap should not be there in a modern os."... more1. How can you say like this. It is the most useful way to store the files and all other stuffs. Suppose if you have a 1000 photos. How can you find a particular photo from this. You can't say modern OS doesnt support this. We need convenience not just dialogues. If the OS treats the video as a photo then what is the use of it. -> This shows your knowledge is limited. A file manager has NOTHING to do with search. Search is not dependant on file manager. As I said use the app 'Kirik Search'.
2. In android there is no problem of this crap "copy right protected". We need to transfer videos with our friends. Actually I am isolated from my friends phones due to this problem. Damn it. -> Yes in android you can send and receive pirated content, create losses to some company etc. But in WP you can't.
3.Is it possible to download different app for different video format. Not convenient. -> You can download an app which supports all formats. Example YXPlayer. VLC player is upcoming.
4. Apps like NewsHunt are missing. Also youtube app is only a train version. -> NewsHunt is one app. There maybe few others. Overall situation looks good in recent days. By the way MS gave a proper youtube app, google complained and pulled it out. The two are jointly working on a new app. There are so many third party apps like Metrotube (no match even in android), supertube, tube pro etc. There is simply no shortage for youtube apps, that is for sure.
5. Nokia map gave a more distant rout when i tried along with google map -> You can still use google maps, use the apps gMaps.
Best of luck with s3 mini, with a buggy, laggy, insecure OS.
TheApprentice, 03 Jul 2013It varies with country region and carrier but as far I am concerned there are two current vers... moreWhat's your phone's current firmware version? and i have another problem with my handset i.e., storage check is not working. it keeps on running but doesn't display any results. help me out to overcome this problem.