Nokia Lumia 620 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.9

> In reply to jackryan @ 2013-06-06 18:20 from t7Xr - click to readSorry u had a bad experience. But seriously no use crying here.

• 2013-06-06 19:17
  • fC5I

Bought a 620 in Malaysia about two months ago. Now it's worthless because of a heating/vibration problem at the bottom of the phone. Had it serviced at their Nokia Care center in Manila, which now wants me to pay about P2700 (USD67) to have some parts replaced. And they're not guaranteeing it will cure the problem, and will charge more if other parts need replacing!

Now I know why Nokia is biting the dust. A lousy two-month old fone suddenly overheating. Warranty that sucks. And they want to make me pay more? That's the last device I'm getting from Nokia.

• 2013-06-06 18:20
  • t7Xr

> In reply to lumia @ 2013-06-06 09:30 from ut64 - click to read1) Sorry, have no info about it
2) How will I know when its not even official.
3) Compare them side by side and decide it for yourself
4) Outdoor visibility of 520 is very poor.
5) Depends completely upon you, if find any phone better in black. Again keep their pics side by side and decide, else visit a Nokia Gallery get a live hands on experience and demo and then decide.
6) Battery life of 520 is better than 620 in all kinds of scenario

• 2013-06-06 18:12
  • tt1M

> In reply to wp8 lvr @ 2013-06-06 16:58 from Hkqr - click to readA Sony fanboy. huh

wp8 lvr don't say anything thing bad to him. Sony fanboy are very rarest (endanger species).

I am glad I found one.

• 2013-06-06 17:57
  • bCX$

> In reply to nokiafan77 @ 2013-06-06 14:38 from PUsP - click to readso i cannot read epub files on the 620? Plz tell mi cz i read novels in that format online bt wsh to hv a fon that supports that format so i can dwnload and read

• 2013-06-06 17:51
  • 0wqR

> In reply to x nokia user @ 2013-06-06 08:03 from Ns8Q - click to readTell me what sony gives u in ths price range

• 2013-06-06 16:58
  • Hkqr

> In reply to Resonance @ 2013-06-06 13:56 from v{RR - click to readThe other storage is is purely blown out of proportion here. Other storage is kind of temp files that your system maintains. The OS will take care of it automatically if it finds that the space on the device is getting low, it will automatically clear that. Beside we now have an app called as a Storage Check to clear most of the temp files. I have been using this device from 3 months, and have installed and uninstalled many apps, but I never faced a problem with the size of other storage. Ignore that folder and you will have a happy experience. As for that space lost after removal of the app, when you install an app, you change its settings or add some information to it. So when you remove that app, those settings and information are stored in temp files, so that next time if you plan to reinstall that app, your settings are still there. Its a mix of a cache and temp files on windows desktop. Leave it to its own, only pay attention to it when your system gives an error that there is a low space.

• 2013-06-06 14:53
  • fC{T

• 2013-06-06 14:44
  • fC{T

> In reply to Resonance @ 2013-06-06 13:56 from v{RR - click to readIt is quite true and quite annoying related to the "Other" storage problem. I think Microsoft has alr known that problem as wp8 user everywhere report this. but don't know when they fix it. There r some other cases related to this storage problem too when i download file from internet or email. I download epub file(eBook) from internet, and my phone can't open it. I realize that the "other" storage size increase with that downloaded file size, but cannot find that file although after I install an app to read epub file. Another case is that when i download a pdf file and I don't open it after the downloading complete, I have no way to find that file and the "other" storage size also increase as the above case.

• 2013-06-06 14:38
  • PUsP

i read one review in flipcart! is this true????

Why you should not buy windows phone.

Before I tell you why I don't recommend Windows Phone, I must tell you that I have been using lumia 520 for last 45 days. Phone is quite good in all aspects be it Call Quality, be it UI . Display is super good and touchscreen is awesome. People keep on complaining about apps, but trust me we have all the useful apps in Windows Phone which we need for daily use. Some are even better than Android. So these are the best parts of my review. By this time I am sure, you must have read the Review title atleast 2 times that why I don't recommend windows phone.
So here it goes. lumia has 7.1 GB internal memory in which we can install apps. Mind that, we can install apps only in internal memory not on SD card. out of 7.1 GB, 4 GB is user accessible which is quite enough for installing apps. Assuming that an average app takes up 20 MB of space, we can install 200 apps. Even the most addicted phone users dont need that many apps , so memory is not a problem. But wait. when we see the breakup of the memory, it is divided into 4 sections.
1.Apps
2.System
3. Music ,Photos and all
4. Others.

The fourth section 'Others' is inaccessible by users and we cant delete anything in that. When you purchase a new phone , the size is around 50 MB. But as you keep on using it , its size will grow bigger and bigger. It is like the %temp% folder in our computer which keeps some random data. and is of no use to us. I will give an example how this memory gets consumed.
Assume you have 500 MB of memory left in your phone. You install an app of 30 MB. Remaining is 470 MB. But you will get only 465 MB. This extra 5 MB got consumed in Other section. Now you uninstall the app. You should get 495 MB. But you will get only 490 MB. So, there is effectively no change in the contents of phone because you installed and uninstalled an app and net is zero. But what we lost is 10 MB without any reason. This kind of memory consumption will happen every time whatever you do in your phone. SO , right now in my phone , the 'Other' section is consuming as much as 2.6 gb of space without any reason. and you can not delete it. Now if I watch any youtube video or anything which requires phone space, it says that your phone memory is low. And this consumption will keep on increasing. I checked Windows forum and hundreds of people are facing this problem. I will have to reset the phone if I want to delete that Others section. You will lose all data in your phone if you do that.
So guys, initial experience is going to be awesome with windows phone , but trust me , after 50 -60 days , you will find yourself in the same situation as I am in right now.
Rest is your choice.

plss tell?

• 2013-06-06 13:56
  • v{RR

> In reply to MasterMind @ 2013-06-06 08:15 from NQ{2 - click to readwhy is it so that when i try to download English (indian) in speech, it shows downloading file and after some time it fails??

• 2013-06-06 13:06
  • U{KZ

> In reply to MasterMind @ 2013-06-06 08:15 from NQ{2 - click to readNo problem.

• 2013-06-06 10:51
  • fC{G

Skype don't work, call dropped problem, so many times restart d phone

• 2013-06-06 09:48
  • tY@T

Hello Apperentice.
I have a few questions regarding lumia 520 and i think you are the only person out there to answer me correctly although you use 620:
i am thinking of buying Lumia 520. i have some queries:
1.I am hearing that dual sim versions of lumias are coming. Any news when it is coming and will it be priced higher?
2.Will the lumia 515 be worth a shot or should i settle for 520?
3.Most important question:
Is the 520 more value for money than 620? I am not too keen to spend more money unless required.
4.How about the display of 520? 520 lacks clear black, but is it good enough like 620? I want crystal clear display and decent outdoor visibility.
5.Which phone looks better in black colour, 520 or 620 ? I prefer the 520 for its sharp edges, but the 620 looks good enough with its black bar like rounded form factor.
6.How about battery life? Please compare it to the 620 with exact figures of battery life.My requirements are 1 hour gaming,15-30 mins browsing,45 mins-1 hour of music and multimedia,20-30 mins calling and texting.
Please answer my above 6 questions.
Thanks in advance.

• 2013-06-06 09:30
  • ut64

> In reply to [deleted post]Worst internet.no file manager

• 2013-06-06 09:11
  • Xu6x

No file manager.can't download mp3 or video by internet explorer.look is good but borring in function.

• 2013-06-06 09:09
  • XuB@

No file manager.can't download mp3 or video by internet explorer

• 2013-06-06 09:08
  • XuI@

> In reply to MasterMind @ 2013-06-06 08:15 from NQ{2 - click to readMastermind, I agree with you on this.

• 2013-06-06 09:05
  • UqXP

I can't download mp3 and video through internet explorer and shows block the web side

• 2013-06-06 09:00
  • 7qyV

> In reply to TheApprentice @ 2013-05-30 15:42 from n19A - click to readI reverted to English(Indian) as the speech recognition fared badly in the US settings. I can forego the Text and Note commands for now. BTW, I have 99.9% success with most the contact search through voice. And its pretty fast too.

• 2013-06-06 08:15
  • NQ{2
Total of 13520 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 620.