TheApprentice, 21 Apr 2013Go for 720. Yes they will help out. If they don't you can directly chat with Nokia executives ... moreThank you so much Sir.You are actually helping out people rather than whining like other trolls.Actually in INDIA there is a saying-when somebody does a good work there are lakhs of bad people trying to pull him down to his or her level.
majidshaheer, 21 Apr 2013Ha ha ha looking so many post by u mean u r the one who is defending Windows 8, but my dear if... moreHello! Friend
Haven't you done a single research about Window Phone 8 before purchasing this phone.
If you go blindly for any phone, then you will definitely face problem.
Atleast all users know about Apps,Filemanger,and UI limitation.
We discussed that limitation in past.(Before purchasing this phone)
Posting limitation here will not solve your problem(unless problem is some kind of bug or issue which is not related to WP limitation).
TheApprentice, 22 Apr 20131) Why did MS release the OS prematurely? :- Well I am not sure, but here is what I think. It ... moreTheApprentice =1 vs majidshaheer=0 (Point Scored)
"typed and pasted this entire thing on Nokia 620, pretty cool isn't it!!!." Super-like for the "Finish him" punch :-p
TheApprentice, 22 Apr 20131) Why did MS release the OS prematurely? :- Well I am not sure, but here is what I think. It ... moreHonestly, i think GSMArena should award him a plaque. "Best Commenter for 2013" perhaps. Hahaha. :)
majidshaheer, 21 Apr 2013Ha ha ha looking so many post by u mean u r the one who is defending Windows 8, but my dear if... more1) Why did MS release the OS prematurely? :- Well I am not sure, but here is what I think. It was desperate step, to save Nokia. Everyone knows the quality of hardware Nokia provides and everyone is well acquainted with the glorious past of Nokia. It would have been a shame if such a company disappears from the market. Nokia still had the hardware but a modern software was missing and since Elop was already acquainted with the progress of WP he suggested using that. The choice was whether Android or WP? The reason WP was chosen is simple. Samsung was already the king, leaving Samsung no other company was making profit from Android, chances were even Nokia wouldn't have made it. And anyways if you are making an android devices you have to MS loyalty fees, so it was decided that Nokia will go for WP. So out desperation WP7 was released to somewhat save Nokia and buy some more time for the release of WP8. But time is not what they had as Nokia's shares were dipping. Therefore they released WP8 with whatever they had. But have to agree WP8 is not a bad job. I hope you got the scenario.
2) Customization and Widget: - I think this the matter of personal preference, I like chocolate, you like vanilla. You like widgets, i like tiles. I will tell why I think Tiles are better than widgets. They are clean and simple, keeping the UI light and not putting unnecessary load on the processor. Productivity is the focus here not customizations and whats wrong with that thinking? What is the basic function of widgets? To provide extra info than icons but less than that of main app. Tiles do the same, but even the smallest tiles give you a notification of the missed events, so its just not a static icon. Any app can have its tile, that tile can be set as an icon or the same tile can be converted to a widget by increasing its size. Android has a icon for each app and widget for some, why to complicate? Keep it simple.
3) UI and tiles cannot be changed: - Why do you change something? Either your are not satisfied with it or simply bored. But what if I am satisfied by the UI? Then there is no need to change it, right? But then what if I am bored? Then check this website out http://mytil.es. You will know what I mean. :).
4) Missing features like file manager and vpn hotspot and others as compared to Android: - As I mentioned before the push of premature WP was an act of desperation. So its bound to miss some features which will be added over time. But my question is why are comparing a 8 yrs old Android to 8 month old WP8? Tell what features cupcake had when it was released? It also didn't even had a file manger, no Bluetooth transfers, no vpn hotspots and it was laggy as hell. Play store didn't even existed back then, had to download a file manager from Android website which had hardly 100-150 apps and the files manager was so basic, it showed only pictures, videos and documents. There was not even a mass storage mode available, had too root it or use Linux to access the memory. My point is every thing starts from something basic to grow. A human being is always born a baby not a already grown man. Plus if MS had did what Android does, what difference would it remain between the two? If you have to survive you have to do something new. Like what Symbian did in days of java based OS. Like what iOS and Android did in Symbian days. They did something different and now look at them, where they are they have eaten up Symbian as well as your beloved WinMo. So relax and cut some slack on WP. If don't like, don't use, you have choices.
5) Facebook and call thingy: - I like the Facebook app on my WP, you don't like it that's your lookout. Have you tried Me Hub? The thing is people are so accustomed to Androids way of doing thing is that they are not prepared to accept something totally different and find ways around to do stuff. My gf who has never used an Android can easliy use FB app on WP. But have to accept that its still not that polished and needs some improvement, but hey, its not totally useless. As for calls yes it needs improvements too, like auto answer that you mentioned plus a blacklist option as well. For your scenarios there are work around that you can try, like siding the bike and then picking up the phone cause its illegal to talk on phone while driving even on headphone. You can put the phone on voice mail for the time while you are on bike. Let the phone ring and call back when you reach your destination the party can wait a few minutes i guess. Simply buy a cheap pair of headset with call button that you can use only while riding the bike, when you get down swap them for your usual ones.
6) About me being WP defender, nokia or ms employee, fake, using anonymous ids and all that jargon: - I don't play cheap tactics those are for weak, pointing fingers and whining. I am not here to defend WP, I am here to help people ease into WP as its a new platform and people will have question, and its a godly feeling when someone answers them properly. I am using my knowledge of WP to a better use, frankly because I like to help people, I know what it feels like when you have questions and you have no one to answer, I have suffered that, so I try not many people go through that same thing by helping as many as possible in the in which I am best at. Not only here I have a dedicated Facebook page as well where i help people with their day to day tech related questions, from ovens to phones and cameras to laptop, I have a vast amount of troubleshooting info in my head and there is no point keeping it in there so I spread it without earning a single penny from it. Because pointing fingers and whining about a problem is easy, lending a hand, trying to help and solving the problem is the real deal. You are free to come into my life anytime you want and shadow me to verify what I said, you can ask all my friends and even my enemies about this. You said you loved WinMo but WP is having problems, so what did you do find the solutions and work arounds? What did you do when a thought came to your mind that like me many people would also be suffering from the same problem? Let me guess, you did nothing, but point fingers and whine about about like a kid. Do you know there is a dedicated site for user suggestions for future features that users want to see in the next release of WP? Show me Android or iOS doing the same, i.e. Actually listening to users and not only taking their feedback bit also sharing it with the world so that others can voice their concerns as well.
You must be probably wondering why I gave the above point the least priority? Because I am still going to do what I have been doing, helping people even if people like call me names. Because that's what i do.
So now you have two choices keeping whining and go back to Android or voice your concern at the below website.
All the best my friend :) FYI, typed and pasted this entire thing on Nokia 620, pretty cool isn't it!!!.
Nikkhil, 21 Apr 2013for The Apperentice Hi techies, I hv saved my hard earned money to buy a phone and windows... moreGo for 720. Yes they will help out. If they don't you can directly chat with Nokia executives on Nokia's website and explain them the problems you are facing with the phone as well as with the service center.
HyperTech, 21 Apr 2013hi guys, anyone here tried using the BL-5J battery for lumia 620? i heard its comptible and l... moreSkype video chat n games are good go ahead and buy u will not regret good mobile
majidshaheer, 21 Apr 2013Ha ha ha looking so many post by u mean u r the one who is defending Windows 8, but my dear if... morewhat the hell are you talking about? Are you mad? The things you raise are already discuss in the past ..go pack your bag and leave us alone..
Saad Modi, 21 Apr 2013in lumia 620 there r some applications which are not working like tango, voxer and viber free call..For me viber free calling works fantastic via 3G as well as WiFi.
majidshaheer, 21 Apr 2013Ha ha ha looking so many post by u mean u r the one who is defending Windows 8, but my dear if... moreVery well said so many important and useful features are missing in Lumia 620. Nokia was too good and Microsoft too, but the result not so good after both combined via Lumia. We expected much more but seriously disappointed.
majidshaheer, 21 Apr 2013Ha ha ha looking so many post by u mean u r the one who is defending Windows 8, but my dear if... moreare you possessed? have you realised that you have completely written nothing important....you should be busy customising your android phone
wp8 lvr, 21 Apr 2013Guys if any 1 wants audio equilizer and dolby enhancemen then this is official app just downl... moreBut its inbuilt in our phones right from the start. But still thanks for the link.
Anonymous, 21 Apr 2013how can i use the ring tones / SONGS to set as default ring tone saved in memory card? or how ... moreConnect your phone to pc copy paste your fav song in Music-Ringtone folder on your phone memory.
To view all the songs:- Open music app, swipe to left to go in Songs.
TheApprentice, 21 Apr 2013Too late my friend, we have already bought this phone and loving every pixel if it. May be you... moreHa ha ha looking so many post by u mean u r the one who is defending Windows 8, but my dear if u have read many user's complaint there are lots of flaws in windows phone 8. So I'm not fake but u r just trying to boost rating from anonymous IDs.
Ok. give me solution,
1. file manager?
2. TimeMe, (No auto time update until u connect it to wifi?
3. Windows phone interface can not be changed,(so boring) just looking tiles
4. no vpn hotsopot software as in android.
5. Even no proper Facebook application which give me
all the response, I have downloaded 3 FB apps. one share, 2nd run clips, 3rd gives me other options.
6. how can I received call through handfree when riding bike, because there is not call attend button in handfree neither I have found any auto call receiving setting in phone.
I'm sorry to say for ur behavior, I'm the person who was truly windows lover, from 2003 to 2009 I have used windows mobiles. windows 2003SE to windows 6.5, and it was fantastic, then I switched to android, Now I thought there would b good advancement in Windows 8 but sorry to say it's not fulfilling basic requirements.
Camera is Good, video recording marvelous, sound is good, music is good, If I would have bought it for this I should have bought some other cheep sets.
Yes Android is so easy to use and been making by many Chinese company. U have said u don't like its menue style and widgets, I'll say this is + points of Android over Windows 8. Windows 8 will be recovered by updates but my question is that why they launched it so early when there are many lacking. Apprentice I'm not fake but could u please tell me how much money u r taking from Nokia to defend there flaws.
for The Apperentice
I hv saved my hard earned money to buy a phone and windows has seriously got my attention.I dnt frequently change my phone so I need help-
620 or 720
Primary usage-Phone calls, texting (maybe whats app)
Secondary usage-Music and just music, Skype
Criteria-Seriously good battery and front cam
What are the problems with unibody designs do the service centres geniunely help out in case of problems with battery if I go with 720?
Guys if any 1 wants audio equilizer and dolby enhancemen then this is official app just download below app which is "Audio settings" which give u dolby enhancment and Equilizer option.. Enjoy :)
Hi., sorrry !! mi English is poooor
L620 is goog ph.
Next update correction Call HISTORY.(No Misss Cal icon, and if i dail number of times one person. Call history shows that dail long list r)
Lumia 620 is real worth for money. My daughter enjoys the games and videos, wife feels the camera is handy and easy to use and me having good time using the offline GPS (no data usage) plus HERE Maps to explore new places. Altogether it is a real fun for the entire family.