Pre ordering on flipkart has already ended glad I ordered one ....hope for an early shipment as it is based in bangalore and I also stay there itself...
SuperNexus, 05 Mar 2013now let throw some light on specification....
Samsung Galaxy S advance processor(Cortex A9)... moreNot to mention that Galaxy S Advance has beautiful 4" Super AMOLED screen which is the best in the business :)
L620 has only 3.8" normal TFT display which every phone has...
Maaef, 05 Mar 2013First I really appreciate you writing skills! And the reasons you mentioned are showing per... moreYes yes, its completely my personal choice. I never forced any one to buy this phone except when they compared it with 8S. Because 620 is better than 8S. I am here only to answer any queries user might have with or while adopting WP nothing more. People are free to choose the phones they want after their queries are solved here. Its not the case that I get money or something with every WP phone sold, just that sometimes people spread false word of mouth only because their friend said so and they haven't actually tried it. I am lucky enough to have a 920 at my disposal to personally go and check out the solution to the queries posted by people here and that's the reason why I am here as WP is relatively new and people are reluctant to adopt, but if they have someone to help they can make a better decision whether to go with WP or not.
TheApprentice, 05 Mar 2013Frankly speaking, well I am bored. I am bored from seeing android every where. I am bored from... moreFirst I really appreciate you writing skills!
And the reasons you mentioned are showing personal choice.. So if you personally like this phone then its a different thing. What I said was in general, it was for everyone who are looking for a good phone with as many features as they can get!
Thanks! I understand and agree with you :)
Maaef, 05 Mar 2013Thanks for you reply!
Yes it might be a good phone if one just needs some extra features w... morenow let throw some light on specification....
Samsung Galaxy S advance processor(Cortex A9) is old and it is 40nm(according to my knowledge), which consume more power than Lumia 620 ARM 7 processor which is 28 nm.
In GPU...i think Adreno 305 is more powerful than mali 400(it is less powerful GPU compared to S 2 GPU)
Battery 1500mAH(S advance) Vs, 1300mAH (Lumia 620)
I think in this both phone doesn't have a decent battery.
But Samsung Galaxy S Advance have more RAM 768 vs 512 mb ram of Lumia 620 amd you know about screen. I think overall Galaxy S advance is very good phone and a good competitor of Lumia 620.
other than this
It is more about choosing Window phone 8 vs Android.....
Maaef, 05 Mar 2013Thanks for you reply!
Yes it might be a good phone if one just needs some extra features w... moreFrankly speaking, well I am bored. I am bored from seeing android every where. I am bored from samsungs cheap plastic, I am bored from custom launchers, I am bored from flashing my device every now and then with a custom rom, I am bored from malware fear and living in constant fear that my data is unsafe, I want something new, something fresh, something different, something that not many people have, something that will stand out, turn heads, get noticed, something that is not fully developed yet so that I can feel that I have contributed to it development. Android is old now, so is S advance. Agree it does many more features than 620. But I have a strong feeling for Nokia 620. It is my love at first sight.
And here is my technical take on WP. Please keep in mind this is my personal experience and not influenced with what others say: -
1) WP8 is more stable: - After the portico update WP8 has improved a lot. My gf is using a 920 and my other friends using S3's and notes. I have seen many app crashes on the androids which sometimes requiring a complete reboot as opposed to none of WP.
2) WP is more simple: - The interface of WP is simple and straight forward which some people find boring, but for me proper. You don't have multiple homescreens to constantly flip through, just one homescreen that can scroll up and down. I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace and Nokia 5233 and I have flashed n number of custom roms and fws on them, now I am bored. I wanted something simple and straight forward. Thats why I am choosing WP.
3) Tiles are better than widgets: - While widgets are more functional and display way more information than tiles, but I still prefer opening up the app and doing my stuff, expect for music player. Tiles act both as a short cut and as notifications centre and they are all right there on my homescreen.
4) UI is uniform throughout: - Each and every app you install on WP will carry the UI elements of WP into itself, except the games, but thats logical. So you don't have to fiddle where to find stuff. If you know where to find it in WP, you will know where to find it in the app you just installed.
5) You shall not touch the core: - MS doesn't let others modify the core layout of WP, which for others might be a limitation but I find it better since it provides the UI uniformity as I stated above, plus there are no heavy customizations that unnecessarily eat precious ram and on board storage.
6) Security: - Since WP is closed source, I feel its more secure than Android who was in between cursed with malware and viruses.
7) Seamless integration with Skydrive and Ability to edit Office documents: - My office is heavily dependent on MS office and being a back office for US clients we get mails with documents anytime even if we are not in the office. So if I receive such mail that needs some minor changes to be done, I just open that mail on my phone, edit it, save it and re attach it and send it again. Now you will say that android also does it. But there is a perk here, the moment I save it, the file gets synced to my skydrive account which I have shared with my boss, before I resend the edit mail, he gets a notification that a new document has been added, he opens it, reviews it, give me a confirmation and then I send it, it happens without me doing any extra step. I just saved the document. Simillarly your photos, contacts, calenders also get synced to the skydrive account, no more taking periodic backups.
Extremely light: - WP8 is extremely light on resources like ram, cpu, gpu and battery. A 1300 mAh battery can last a whole day for a mobile like 620. WP8 smoothness can be felt even in the lowest spec mobile phones
It will be the best mobile compared with lumia 510 610 & 710
it is more than samsung galaxy...
TheApprentice, 05 Mar 2013OMG! it does not have official Youtube, Gtalk and picasa???? - Right now google is not interes... moreThanks for you reply!
Yes it might be a good phone if one just needs some extra features with the PHONE.
BUT if I compare it with an Android Phone with the same price i.e. Galaxy S Advance. I will get all the things which I mentioned even more like that phone has Super AMOLED screen and Gorilla glass.
So if one can get lots of in-fact more then he can ask for features with a PHONE then why should one would buy this? my question is what this phone has that Galaxy Advance does not? except its a Windows phone which is still not as good and established as Android.
SuperNexus, 05 Mar 2013I think Lumia 620 launch and politician promises are same thing now. Nokia's new tag line: - Taking your imagination where you never thought you had. :P
fin 620 fan, 05 Mar 2013finally good news for finnish 620 fans,march 21 is official release dateI think Lumia 620 launch and politician promises are same thing now.
WPiOSAndroidfan, 05 Mar 2013Lumia 620 vs Lumia 920 performance wise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedd... more@TheApprentice.....I think it will be better if they show Indigo in action.
anyway Speaktoit is also available in WP, and it is very good voice app.
and lol TheApprentice....i was about to say these words - Please stop pissing us Nokia and release L 620 soon because now even my mom is making fun of me.
and @Athull ...about Maluba voice... is it already available on WP or about to launch?
fin 620 fan, 05 Mar 2013finally good news for finnish 620 fans,march 21 is official release dateSource?
finally good news for finnish 620 fans,march 21 is official release date
TheApprentice, 05 Mar 2013Nice to see option for WP are increasing. People are noticing it fast. :)Yep and the good news just keeps on coming check this one out http://wmpoweruser.com/8-of-mo...-phone-apps/
soon nobody will complain about lack of gaming options in windows.