Nokia Lumia 635 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.3
7.0
7.2

I wish I could actually play games like clash of clans or use snapchat but there is like nothing on here.

• 2015-04-15 23:17
  • 0g72

Skype in phone, no front camera, my Nokia C7 got 3g were I am the 635 is stuck on 2g, no address/contact list. Not impressed.

• 2015-04-15 22:22
  • Ibxf

I was the first person in my area to get a 635. I was impressed by some of the features but as I got to know it better, not so much. My first gripe was with a phone company installing Skype on a phone with no front camera, it just smacks of lack of attention to details.
I than found that the browser is very unstable, it freezes or will crash and return to the home screen. When going to the recent sites, the page I was on when it crashed is not in the history. Not a huge deal but frustrating.
I sent feedback to Nokia and when filling out the form they sent me for return, the browser crashed and I lost the page AND the email disappeared.
There is a proximity sensor but you have to jam the phone into your ear so hard it gets uncomfortable fast.
When I was setting up the 635 from my old phone, transferring contacts and such, the old phone had been erased and switched off, a day later I turned it back on to get some pictures transferred to my PC and the phones linked up, transferring the erased contacts to the new phone, overwriting the full list with an empty one.
I used my old phone to stream music to the radio in my car, I can't get the 635 to connect consistently, long enough to listen to a song. WiFi is iffy, my home connection is super strong and the phone looses the signal all the time.
I will never own another Nokia, I was an early adapter of the Windows Phone but am considering an Android after this phone.

• 2015-04-10 15:15
  • 4gC7

is there any way to understand whether it has 1GB RAM or not?

• 2015-04-09 20:30
  • X{q}

> In reply to Ulhaqpak @ 2015-01-15 16:16 from KIB2 - click to readI updated it to DENIM, and trust me, Audio got turned up big time, plue a lot of little tweaks with the UI.

• 2015-04-07 22:13
  • 4m}2

> In reply to reivax2004 @ 2015-03-28 20:13 from mTh4 - click to readthis phone doesnt have google

• 2015-04-02 15:02
  • A2r}

> In reply to lester @ 2015-03-25 23:42 from Ibxx - click to readi need help to disconnect my family safety

• 2015-03-31 15:32
  • FrqW

hi

i just bought the nokie in green but i cant login to facebook or activate google
but i can actually go on internet D:
PLS HELP ME

• 2015-03-28 20:13
  • mTh4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-16 04:41 from HsIE - click to readNo tap wake up , can buy the 532 then.

• 2015-03-28 04:43
  • vMfZ

cannot be activated :-(

• 2015-03-25 23:42
  • Ibxx

What if I say quad core cortex a7 is not faster than dual core krait.

• 2015-03-25 01:09
  • 7wjb

> In reply to Barbie @ 2015-03-20 12:43 from Iaax - click to readcan somebody help me I cannot connect on wifi in my work it always saying your phone couldn't connect to the wifi because there was no response from the network.please try again where do you think the problem on my phone??

• 2015-03-24 04:13
  • v0wb

The Nokia Lumia 365 is amazing. Usually my phone are so slow and annoying but this phone is amazingly fast, even after 9 months of being used. the battery life is amazing too as I do not have to charge the phone as much as I did with my old phones.

• 2015-03-20 12:43
  • Iaax

> In reply to awesomesauce @ 2015-03-02 20:30 from IDYN - click to readI agree totally with you.
Probably, young people (have a lot of free time) "plays" with apps (trying it all time).
Old people, like me, always use the same 20 apps in any phone.
But I am very impressed with windows phone 8.1, very good. (I am a Mac user that run windows inside it)

• 2015-03-20 00:02
  • L5eQ

> In reply to Nukemaster @ 2015-03-17 03:43 from 47Yj - click to readyou have youtube through your web browser, if you sign it remember your favorites, etc

• 2015-03-19 23:34
  • L5eQ

I am a teenager right now so i put heavy use on my 635. My 635 on 8.1 is way better than i bought it. I am coming from a HTC MyTouch 4G (2010 SWEG). It is blazing fast, Even faster than my mom's Nexus 5 or my dads Moto X 2. I love this phone but i have no youtube or selfie cam

• 2015-03-17 03:43
  • 47Yj

I like Nokia phones, they used to make such good phones. I still have a working 6310i, it powers up with a happy tune and 5 seconds later it is ready to use. So I decided to try the Nokia 635, it is well made and very high spec; 4G, quad core, gorilla glass all for less than the price of a tank full of petrol!!!

But there is a fly in the ointment, a great big Jumbo Jet sized festering fly: cue the Sci-fi B Movie spooky music: Windows Mobile 8!!!

I powered the phone up and after answering a ton of questions, I am sure it even asked for my inside leg measurement, it finally came to life as a phone. Time to explore the apps, oh dear it wants to update the apps app, I canít go any further without updating so say yes! Big mistake, Ďerror, canít update app, error code 06487643 may be usefulí it says, then it restarts itself, then another error, noooooooo! Itís Windows 95 all over again, run for the hills ma!!!!

After a couple of hours, several restarts, multiple errors (I stopped counting) and with beads of sweat visible on the wifi router the phone thinks itís finished and ready to go.

Great! Lets install Snapchat to show my chums the sweaty router, what no Snapchat thatís daft! Ah well lets install Sky Go that hugely successful app for watching Sky TV, oh dear thatís not here either, better check on the Sky website. Aha! Sky Go requires Microsoft Silverlight and that isnít supported on Windows Mobile 8. ARE YOU FREEKIN KIDDING ME!!! So Microsoft Silverlight, developed by Microsoft isnít supported on Microsoft Windows Mobile 8 also developed by Microsoft?! Are there two Microsofts? Is one in a different universe to the other?
What idiotic, warped Excel spreadsheet business plan did they come up with?

Fortunately for me the phone sensed my disappointment and when I got up this morning it had died in the night, I wrapped it up and rather than flush it down the loo I rushed it back to the shop before it could change itís mind, it is Microsoft after all, and claimed my refund that is now residing in the fuel tank of my car!

• 2015-03-16 22:14
  • nUis

PROS: fast, stable, CHEAP, 4G LTE, can delete useless, build in apps (not like Android)
CONS: does not have flash for the camera, no front camera, does not come with headphones (although it has FM stereo tuner).

Generally speaking, it is a decent cheap phone, to use as second or business phone.

• 2015-03-16 10:11
  • 3Afh

> In reply to ss @ 2015-02-27 15:28 from rJ94 - click to readPefect for the money. Go ahead and buy it.

• 2015-03-16 09:47
  • 3Afh
Total of 412 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 635.