Nokia Lumia 800 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.4
7.6

i want to buy! what should i do?

• 2012-04-03 22:59
  • bCHe

My motorola razr is best really

• 2012-04-03 15:12
  • v$DE

i have to say its amazing what this phone can do but on the other hand the battery life makes me hate it. if you lumia 800 dies it wont work until u connect it to the laptop for some odd reason. ive stopped using it from today or date of this post.

• 2012-04-03 14:13
  • 0CjJ

I own a lumia 800..but i am not able to find out call waiting facility...currently i am using idea network...can anyone suggests how to activate it as in vodafone it can be activated after dialling some code...

• 2012-04-03 05:17
  • ut{w

> In reply to muthu @ 2012-04-02 18:47 from P@T{ - click to readHey it's not a bad phone.it's really amazing.but the main probleam is you can't download any files from internet.

• 2012-04-03 04:32
  • up7S

> In reply to nokia 'o' holic @ 2012-04-02 20:35 from 3J68 - click to readI liked this. General and not too picky.
I did thought about the apps but yes, Apple and Android have Millions, but I only have about 20 on my iPod, and they are also available on Windows Mktplace or whatever it's called.

Can't wait to get my paws on it! :D

• 2012-04-03 00:25
  • 8ZMB

well i have so much comments. so i will base my findings on fact and not hear say and guessing.

firstly i have had many phones since the analogue days. so i have a lot of knowledge.

the lumia 800 has an awesome design. i got bored with my iphone 4. first thing i have found how quick lumia is. for a single core 1.4ghz chip its quick. smooth at going through the menus. the screen is crisp i have a HD 720p video on it. and well looks awesome. sound is very good. battery life is ok. but then iphone 4 charged every day so thats normal really for a smart phone.

camera is good. not outstanding, but good and works well. up until the nokia 808 the N8 was the best camera phone. except for speed.

excellent choice of apps. granted not as much itunes or android. but it will get better.

so all in all. a brilliant phone and well worth it. so if nokia comes out with a phone for the first attempt. they will be awesome when they bring out new ones. cant wait.

• 2012-04-02 20:35
  • 3J68

*sigh* I -knew- i shouldn't have come here to read opinions right before buying the phone.

Backstory: I'm a MacBoy, not a Macboy Fanboy; but I do use an iMac, MacBookPro and iPod Touch on a daily basis. My main concern is that after having an iPod touch for 1.5 years... will I resent the usability on the WP on the Lumia 800?

I've waited for a while to enter the Smartphone world, I have a Nokia 6212 and I still could do with it, but I'm finally fallen to the need of Whatsapp and other social networks.

I heard about the Lumia 800 last year and decided to wait. Now it's finally arrived to Mexico and just days before its release I got here and I'm not sure if the haters are just Nokia/WP detractors, or Apple/Symbian/Meego fanboys.

I give a damn about the bluetooth. So, aside from that, and on a very general aspect, does it work nice and smooth? I'll pay $200 dollars for it on a 24month contract, or I can get the Lumia 710 for free, but I like 800 more (the material and the overall look).

• 2012-04-02 19:44
  • 8ZMB

Nokia Lumia 800 is v bad battery don't get

• 2012-04-02 18:47
  • P@T{

> In reply to in9013 @ 2012-04-02 17:35 from vG05 - click to readYou can keep the "ignorant" word for your own usage in future, have you go down to the street & do a spot the lumia quest, i am sure you hardly found any one using it, while i well trying out the lumia 800 at Nokia Store guest how many customer i seen there ? Answer : '0' yes zero, there isn't a single customer in the store, 20 foot away Samsung store was packed with peope trying out their phone, 2 months after the initial launch of lumia 800, Nokia slashed 12% off the price tag, never have i seen nokia did that, infact 701 which launched 5 months ago is still selling the same price, this shown how bad the sales is, if you insist believe what you want believe then be my guest, i wouldn't hold my breath on it if i well you.

• 2012-04-02 18:26
  • u7ma

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-02 17:22 from vV5y - click to readDamn..I thought you had less knowlege..But you are ignorant and to make it worse you think everyone around you are dumb..Get well soon..Nokia will do just fine,dont worry but its about you,you should be bothered about..And please learn some english.

• 2012-04-02 17:35
  • vG05

WP run even smoother than iOS.

• 2012-04-02 17:29
  • P%E2

> In reply to in9013 @ 2012-04-02 16:50 from vG05 - click to readGood then we should leave Nokia window phone for 4 years & come back after 2016, if Nokia didn't bankrupt by then, I have try out the this Lumia 800 all I can say it's absolute craps, Nokia need to wake up this is not 2005 where there are the sole supplier for smartphone, what make them consumer will wait for them to evolve, Nokia will share the same faith with RIM if there continue to waste time with Microsolf, your choice Nokia Elop or all your customer, you want Elop then prepare to go chapter 11 with him, you want your customer then ditch that idiot, even if Window would ever tuned into a success OS, why should I choose Nokia when there is Samsung, HTC which offer better hardware as they are Electronic Mfg.
Keep developing Symbian don't waste your time crapdow.

• 2012-04-02 17:22
  • vV5y

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-02 10:33 from n4y2 - click to readDont cry about the past and things which are not gona happen..And stop blaming and spreading foul about wp because you love symbian or something..Go to a near by showroom and test a windows phone for a while.Then you will know why nokia chose wp..I was also crying foul once about why nokia didnt choose android and all.But now i ended up buying a windows phone.And one more thing,wp has only been here for about 1-2 years..Android(4years),Symbian(almost about 10years).iphone is iphone.Just because you dont see anyone using doesnt mean you can talk crap about something..

• 2012-04-02 16:50
  • vG05

Battery very Weak

• 2012-04-02 15:04
  • YUMZ

> In reply to Ak92774 @ 2012-04-01 18:38 from U{Ru - click to readIf he had supported N9 moore insteed of killing it before It was released That one had sold many moore phones,and symbian as well..but all focus Is at Wp and they have to lower the estimate of sold phones every months,not a succes really..maybe when Wp gets Apollo there is a chans to even look at a Wp phone..none of them I know use one,only Iphone,Android or symbian ones..

• 2012-04-02 10:33
  • n4y2

> In reply to Hussain @ 2012-04-01 13:29 from utiZ - click to readDear Friend, please specify ver 7.10.8107 or latter mention later one or same. My problems of battery is same. Regards

• 2012-04-02 07:46
  • ITVW

is there any ways to change the message tone besides that tone which had given in lumia ?
and is there any key to increase the volume of the message..everytime i got the message, i don't even notice it bcoz it's too slow..thanks ;-)

• 2012-04-01 20:48
  • 25Jq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-01 18:05 from 3LWa - click to readFor ur info nokia has sold 3 million phones from jan-march 2012 n it is expected to sell another 0.5million by the time it comes out with quarterly results.

• 2012-04-01 18:38
  • U{Ru

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-01 18:05 from 3LWa - click to readFirst use windows phone n then comment... Windows phone is the most stable os which doesn require frequent rebooting, resets etc... Even Android lags when compared to wp7.5 these r not my words but test results of various tech blogs. Symbian is not stable n interms of synchronization it sucks.

Elop choosed windows because google didn allowed nokia to port nokia drive n maps in android n also google refused to pay nokia for pusing its OS sales. But Microsoft agreed for all the terms. For ur info Microsoft pays $250million to nokia every quarter.

• 2012-04-01 18:33
  • U{Ru
Total of 5496 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 800.