lucifer, 26 Mar 2012thanks for the feedback
so there's no way we can work around the bluetooth thing as u know it... moreJust like iphones, some carriers involved in the development of Windows phones, so it's no doubt that the phones' structure is being made to benefit the carriers greatly by encouraging(forcing) customers to online much more frequently. Bluetooth transmission obiviously is an obstacle to their profiting approach, abandoning it seems to be unavoidable.
If you're not bound to use the phone, I think there's no responsibility to feed the telephone companies.
hello..i just bought my nokia lumia 800..
and please please tell me how do i set my ringtone to a song ? err..i mean..such as i like 'party rock anthem' song, so i want to create it as my ringtone..how ??
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2012my Bluetooth does not recognize other Bluetooth but the phone works fine!!!! please helpWindows phone does not allows you to transfer files via bluetooth just like iPhone. You have to sync from pc if you want to load songs.
how does one load music from my computer loaded music.The phone requies software that is not available in the package.
my Bluetooth does not recognize other Bluetooth but the phone works fine!!!! please help
I bought this phone as i work offshore so SKYDRIVE is NOT AN OPTION,and my company has a data restriction clause on classified material so no data can be transfered by a unauthourised third party.
so again Skydrive is NOT AN OPTION.
my PC does not see the phone as an external component so file transfers are NOT AN OPTION.
The Blue tooth function is resticted to such an extent that I can't even connect to my car, other phones unless its another lumia, so BLUE TOOTH is NOT AN OPTION.
When I saw this phone came with MS OFFICE I thought great well the only thing that i can do with this is use it a day to day diary but that means putting it in manually every time and as a spread sheet for my expenses oh and making a note. As I don't game well from a business point of view its not at all flexible
anyone want a phone!
thanks for the feedback
so there's no way we can work around the bluetooth thing as u know its one of the integral part of using a cell?
lucifer, 26 Mar 2012i have been doing some R&D on this phone.i like the way nokia has presented windows mango ... moreI've used a lumia 800 for about a month, base on what I know..
1. Basically yes, we can't. The lumia 800's bluetooth only support for transferring contacts between cells and conecting some peripheral devices like headphones. However we could still transfer musics and photos cell-to-laptop via USB cables(only musics and photos, no USB massive storage mode). Other documents like Words and Excels need to be tranferred through the Skydrive service(alternatively, it's a bit trouble in transferring the documents)
2. It does heat up slightly when charging and playing games like Spinter Cell, but acceptable, not serious.
3. Seems not bad in web browsing, it provides Desktop view and Mobile view for us to choose. However, it lacks Flash and Silverlight support. So games on Facebook couldn't be played in the browser;
just like the homepage of the Gears Of Wars 3, http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/ , it's no problem in viewing the HTML version page (Mobile view) but the Silverlight version page (Desktop view) couldn't be played;
in viewing the Fish IE Tank page, http://ie.microsoft.com/testdr...Default.html , it gets 4x fps in Mobile view, 2x fps in Desktop view.
4. Seems no different with Iphone.
5. A similar question has already been posted to Nokia's discussion forum months ago, but nobody answered (rumors said can't).
6. Although there's an option called 'theme' in the setting menu, it just provide 11 colors (magenta, purple, teal, lime, brown, pink, mango, blue, red, green and nokia blue, no custom color) for us to change the tiles' accent and 2 colors for backgrounds (black and white, no custom background). It couldn't be compared with android's. However the picture gallery app would randomly choose one of stored photos as its background when opening it.
Hope that helps. It''s always better to experience it detaily in the shops before buying one, the sales won't show the whole picture.
i have been doing some R&D on this phone.i like the way nokia has presented windows mango 7.5 on lumia 800.
just wanted to know few more things
1.i've read that it doesnt support Bluetooth so is it that we cant transfer data from cell to cell or cell to laptop?
2.does it heat up the body in use or while charging?
3.does web browsing has any hassles
4.video streaming quality?
5.can we upgrade the OS if windows 8 arrives in the near future?
6.lastly...are there any themes?
thanks a lot
rabbit, 25 Mar 2012hi guys the lumia is a nice phone with some apps but it is not user friendly when it comes to ... moreThe bluetooth problem is one of the limitations of windows phones, nothing we could do by now.
There's a coming update would fix the battery issue, need to wait..
However, I found that the battery life would be saved more after a reboot..I don't know why, but guess the CPU keeps running at a high speed even closed all the running applications, so powering off and then on again would slow it down..
[deleted post]available data plan 2499 with globe. available april 16,2012
does anyone here know's when is the availability this phone in the philippines? yeah were waiting this for 5mos now.
hi guys the lumia is a nice phone with some apps but it is not user friendly when it comes to the bluetooth caus it does not want to connect to any other phone to transfer pics or music . i tried it with my laptop and it does connect but doesnt want to receive anythin from it.and the battery life is not that good only lasts 1 day. so am i doin somethin wrong here or what can somebody comment on thia.
Abadi, 25 Mar 2012Hi All,
i have couple of question for the owners of this phone
1) how is the phone aft... morethe lumia 800 not support arabic until now .
also not work good with 3g network (freeze + body heats)
also freeze after 30% when I make out calls
not recommanded for you >
باخت&#1589;ار الجه&#1575;ز زبال&#1577;
Android phones far better to use. no memory card. u can not transfer word, excel, and other files to the memory of phone.
The zune is damn difficult to use.R & D required. I tried. Failed. Sold the fone.