Nokia Lumia 800 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.4
7.6

Does the Lumia 800 OR 710 support file xfers via bluetooth????... very imp. for me. please reply

• 2011-11-27 09:09
  • sUwx

> In reply to Janardhan @ 2011-11-26 14:30 from rAR@ - click to readtry out npd store

• 2011-11-27 08:40
  • U@%9

only 512mb ram, no card slot, small screen size
the samsung galaxys are much better than thisssssss

sorry nokiaaaaa

• 2011-11-27 04:15
  • 2@x%

impressive

• 2011-11-27 03:37
  • PWDw

> In reply to th3D @ 2011-11-27 00:38 from nbbg - click to readIt may not be the exact same as what is on a PC but they are building up to synchronisation across PC, Xbox and phone. That's why everything is starting to look similar. Nobody wants a PC on their phone. If they do, the whole concept of a phone is lost on them. It's supposed to be portable and user friendly with the features that keep it low cost. If every phone had the same top spec features there would be no variation in the market and people who don't want a piece of technology that does everything apart from wipe their back-side would be spending a lot of money for a lot of features they don't use.

• 2011-11-27 03:23
  • myEx

how can we replace extra battery once the inbuilt battery is dead during a long journey and if power station is not nearby?
Coz, my profession is such that I have to travel long distance frequently.
Also, this days most youths carried extra charged battery in their pocket for enjoying uninterrupted net browsing, photography,music,
video even on picnic party,
journey etc.etc........

• 2011-11-27 03:02
  • XufN

how can we replace extra battery once the inbuilt battery is dead during a long journey or if power station is not nearby?
Most youths carried extra charged battery in pocket for enjoying uninterrupted net browsing, photography,music, video even on picnic party, journey etc.

• 2011-11-27 02:55
  • XufN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-26 09:56 from vGux - click to readexcuse me .... google bought moto not moto bought google
so Android will still b there

the nokia lumia is a good phone not the best the os is kind of lame
i dislike the ios but the wp os is better

• 2011-11-27 00:48
  • mI6I

> In reply to Steve CHOPS! @ 2011-11-25 17:57 from K5g% - click to readN9 has been spotted in Glorietta (makati). If i remember correctly you'll find the nokia store in Digital Exchange in Glorietta 4.

• 2011-11-27 00:41
  • nbbg

> In reply to Hrid @ 2011-11-26 10:00 from U%{9 - click to readahaha. U think its windows like on ur pc?? Never gonna happen man, windows phone is NOT windows, and even if it was you would need an EXE file and all the linked DLL files compiled for ARM instruction set, as Intel instruction set is not even remotely similar to ARM.

• 2011-11-27 00:38
  • nbbg

i find funnny how the n9 is more popular, but of course n9 is a better phone

• 2011-11-27 00:22
  • Pv9c

> In reply to Brandon @ 2011-11-26 20:46 from Nhf9 - click to readNokia need to get over it.......they never will sadly. I see Nokia up a creek without a paddle now. Actually, I see Nokia defunct if they carry on with this alliance.....Nokia Disconnecting People.....from their fan base.

• 2011-11-26 23:21
  • nUhK

> In reply to nidheee @ 2011-11-26 11:35 from Bx1c - click to readthey won't go for android because Nokia signed a deal with Microsoft to use there WP7, and also get over it, it's Nokia's first WP7.

• 2011-11-26 20:46
  • Nhf9

> In reply to nidheee @ 2011-11-26 11:35 from Bx1c - click to readAndroi fanboi. Did google or someone pay you to write this? While no front camera can be a small minus, the design is the best and far better than any other smartphones out there.

• 2011-11-26 20:45
  • 7E7K

I understand why Nokia went for Windows OS. As I've seen a lot of videos of this, windows OS is a very smooth OS compared to the android; probably in par with the IOS.

I use android(HTC Sensation XE), and whenever I see Windows OS or IOS I always wish that android would be as butter smooth as them. An EXAMPLE would be the transition of the message UI when you turn your phone on the side. On android, the transition would be like switching the lights on and off, and that's it; on IOS and windows it would be like the lights will dim first before it is turned off completely. I guess they're aiming for the user interface exp rather than the specs.

• 2011-11-26 19:59
  • Kg%F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-26 09:56 from vGux - click to readGuy, you re right.
me too really love Nokia lumia 800 design but it's useless to me ,
as I always made video call to my children in London from Mumbai.
regular video conference among our family members is common and lively inspite of blank long fone chatting over the sea.

• 2011-11-26 17:42
  • 7q58

Nokia please wake up.. we loved u.. you are not understanding our needs. please go for android..

• 2011-11-26 17:27
  • gICh

> In reply to nidheee @ 2011-11-26 11:35 from Bx1c - click to readWindows Phone Mango does not support video call - so why should one put a front camera ?
Windows Phone Mango does not support two user mass memories - so if one already have 16GB eMMC built inside the phone, one cannot put a uSD-card slot.
So it is not Nokia's fault that Windows Phone Mango is so unmature OS.

• 2011-11-26 16:37
  • mhTZ

Hi all,

Just got my Lumia for the last 2 days and I LOVE IT. Before you ask I had an iPhone 3gs (stolen) before and were currently windows phone 6 on HTC HD 2 (which I was generally happy with).
Since I got it I managed to :
- create all my email accounts + facebook and linkedIn in 5min top. Fact. No need for apps
- transferred all my contacts from my old phone using bluetooth. That worked a treat.
- Managed to send 20 comments on facebook which I had never done it in 2years before. That is that simple.
what I like is the fact that you can link contacts together (e.g. a contact with his linkedId and facebook profile) and see all interactions with that contact from one place. So too to interact with them. The "people" hub as they call it is superb.

I know there is no front video (there was in my old phone but never used it) and the camera only records in 720px. And it has a "dearth of apps" as the papers call it. However it reminds me of the Macintosh in the 90s. They do had a dearth of apps compared to PC (very few games ,etc...) but that didn't make them any less good.
That's the same with the Lumia and Windows Phone. Market Share is tiny compared to Apple but the look & feel is different and being the small player they have been forced to do things differently. I.e. simple, clever and all integrated. I find it works perfectly.

I am now listening to Nokia music having connected my phone to my stereo. Again, no set-up/apps was required and music selection is good. It's a mix done for you and I chose the classic rock theme and have listened to Pulp, Stairway to Heaven, U2: The Joshua Tree, simon & Garfunkel, currently playing Sweet home alabama.

I think there is a few things that could be improved but I can't really say if it's part of the Apple or Android experience.

I would rate it 4.5 out of 5. Super design, super screen, intuitive navigation and ease of use. In 2 words : it simply works and looks awesome.

• 2011-11-26 16:10
  • mAn{

everything is OK except PRICE.
any discount?
n wishing to purchase on EMI with 0% interest?
please write...!

• 2011-11-26 14:30
  • rAR@
Total of 5584 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 800.