Nokia Lumia 820 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.8
7.7
7.8

> In reply to ilu_dev @ 2013-05-30 15:10 from XugV - click to readNokia Lumia 820

• 2013-06-13 10:25
  • Hkqs

> In reply to Lumia820 @ 2013-06-10 11:54 from Rc0f - click to readeventhough i also chat in wats app FB and also 2-3hrs a day i will talk....
and thn hw abt wifi connections
hw abt file manager...tell sum idea

• 2013-06-12 21:32
  • uu25

hello everyone got 2 questions.
1)is the screen of 820 fragile? if I put a screen guard will it help?
2)what about the battery performance?

• 2013-06-12 13:48
  • H4sD

> In reply to Prazee @ 2013-05-20 09:09 from 5F{E - click to readgo for lumia...820...bettr then galaxy much more capacty

• 2013-06-12 04:59
  • wiwh

> In reply to vinay.s @ 2013-05-20 13:07 from t}X9 - click to readsame here.. i had lumia 610.now bought 820..its very nice..yes u can download songs..the gud thing is that u dont need zune software...just connect it to pc ..and same process as we use pen drives,,,,,ooohoooo

• 2013-06-12 04:57
  • wiwh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-22 11:49 from MfxZ - click to readsimple do the internet settings.. and go on

• 2013-06-12 04:54
  • wiwh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-23 08:24 from rK3b - click to readyes..just go to settings...in the list you wil find mobile netwrk ...data connection on off ..you wil find it there

• 2013-06-12 04:51
  • wiwh

i was using lumia 610,now bought 820.... it is nice phone compared to my android os phone...lumia is simple easy to use ,very smooth to operate...

• 2013-06-12 04:45
  • wiwh

Great phone!!! People are complaining about shortcuts to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - I have installed application called "Battery" and everything in one - I can watch my battery status and have comfortable shortcuts. Battery life - just switch to 2G - battery will last much longer. Applications list - how many apps You are installing in Your phones, people? 200-300 000? If "Yes' - OK, You can complain, but only to criticize WP for lack of apllications, when there are about 150 000 I think is not normal. FM Radio - ok, You will receive it shortly, but is that such big complaint-issue? Buy transistor! You are forgetting that this is phone - WP8 is great OS - very light, fluid and simple. Nokia 820 is great phone - big enough and comfortable to use and carry. GREAT JOB NOKIA!!! I WASN'T SO HAPPY WITH MY NEW PHONE FOR A LONG TIME, BUT NOW I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY AND SATISFIED!!!

• 2013-06-11 15:00
  • gy2U

> In reply to kgn @ 2013-06-10 14:52 from gJ0C - click to readU can download connectivity shortcuts on store..its very use full to phone users.u can on off wifi,data Bluetooth,location and flight mode.

• 2013-06-11 13:35
  • uvKP

> In reply to kgn @ 2013-06-10 14:52 from gJ0C - click to readhi....
there is fm radio support in almost all lumia devices. the thing is that it is not yet activated. nokia amber update is coming next month that will include fm radio activation along with many more features that are available in nokia lumia 925.
In the world of internet, i tkink very small number of people wants fm radio and especially who are above 80.
In the case of shortcuts for bluetooth and wifi, download a software called "hardware tests" from store. it is very useful software and can pin wifi, blutooth, cellular and many more things.
In case of file manager, i think everything is working perfect. In ios, there is no file manager but its working well. if u want a perfect file manager app then download "pocket file manager" from store.
At last, i can say, till date, wp os is least popular but most stable and secure os in the world.

• 2013-06-11 02:49
  • uvd@

Not sure why there are so many WP8 haters. I've had an iphone 4S before and i loved it. Then i bought a sony xperia acro s because i thought android was cool. I really regret doing that. Android was just an awful experience. So much lag in the apps, etc. I tried my friend's lumia 920 and it was just amazing how smooth everything was. Android is big because of the apps it has in store, but that's pretty much it. iOS is great because its user-friendly and almost everything is smooth. Windows phone 8 lacks apps, but that's all really. I'm pretty neutral with the 3 OS, but honestly i would go for WP. :)

• 2013-06-10 21:41
  • vaSe

I have used my HTC desire S and I switched to lumia 820 couple of months ago.

to summerize, I should have bought an iphone 5 or HTC one.

I feel lack of support from nokia, they're trying to enter the market again but their effort is not enough.

I do not feel like buy any nokia again.

+ pros
---
Screen is perfect
keyboard and dictionary is awesome (I have used swift key on android but I feel more comfortable and quick at 820)
Camera
Attractive user interface
changable body

- cons
---
No fm radio
No shortcuts for phone controls(Wi-fi, 3G on/off) I have to dive into menus every time.
No file manager
No led indicator
No fm radio support
Lots of limitations on software, for example I cannot continue my online chess game after I reply a call
Battery life is not OK

• 2013-06-10 14:52
  • gJ0C

> In reply to suseendar.d @ 2013-06-09 20:15 from uu25 - click to readI charge every 24 hours +. I do more text with whats app, viber, fb, than calls and play chess online for 1 hour at most. i do browsing also but very minimal bcos i refer my laptop. overall it depend on usage.

• 2013-06-10 11:54
  • Rc0f

My lumia 820 has call drop issue from the date of purchase, i gave it for service 3times, but the issue is not resolved. i hate this nokia phone.

• 2013-06-10 10:42
  • vwY7

> In reply to suseendar.d @ 2013-06-09 20:15 from uu25 - click to readBattery backup is not good enough....display is awesome.....yet no file manager supporting

• 2013-06-10 06:25
  • uv4F

hi guys i want to asking about the display protection, it is have a gorilla glass or scratch resistant glass?? pls explain.thanks.

• 2013-06-09 23:12
  • ib3S

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-08 20:07 from fk2t - click to read820 is better thn 720...bcoz it has 1GB ram 1.5ghz processer..8mp camera wifi direct is also there...

• 2013-06-09 20:24

have 2 leaarn about lumia 820:
hw is battery backup
hw is wifi conntections?

• 2013-06-09 20:15
  • uu25

JoikuShare, the popular cross-platform file transfer app is now available for Nokia Lumia WP8 smartphones over Windows Phones Store. The app allows you to wirelessly transfer your phone files and media between laptops, tablets, other phones and SmartTVs over WiFi.

• 2013-06-09 13:50
  • uvFU
Total of 3521 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 820.