Nokia Lumia 920 - user opinions and reviews

vry nc color
yellow

• 2013-01-01 11:17
  • vGvG

> In reply to Kenswiss @ 2013-01-01 08:55 from fu$Z - click to readPardon my harsh response but "you have to exit the browser just to address the notification" is bulls##t!! Even my lumia800 on wp7.5 does it better i.e. the previous app simply goes to background rather exiting completely. I would advice pls first use the wp and you would clear many of your doubts. Thx

• 2013-01-01 10:31
  • 7j}{

> In reply to TheAgent @ 2013-01-01 00:36 from 6p6v - click to readI appreciate your response, I wish nokia could release a few symbian belle devices they could possibly outsell wp8, because from what you've told me wp8 will not give the symbian experience. I will have worse experience than the one I'm having with nokia belle fp2 I mean a phone is not all about smoothness, cores and apps because that's what wp8 has over belle fp2.

Is it true that windows phone will get an update that will bring pull down menus for notifications? I have heard it several times, I believe currently in wp8 if you get a text let's say when you are on the web you will have to exit the browser to read the text, or is there a key for minimising the current app? Thanks in advance bro

• 2013-01-01 08:55
  • fu$Z

Hai guys , i have this nokia lumia 920.its a amazing fone that i have ever been used.

• 2013-01-01 02:27
  • t1$F

> In reply to TheAgent @ 2013-01-01 00:36 from 6p6v - click to readCan you name the file manager apps? I want to install. TQ.

• 2013-01-01 01:56
  • KZ8x

> In reply to Kenswiss @ 2012-12-31 10:36 from fu$Z - click to read1. I am not sure about the file manager, but 3rd party apps are available to act as a file manager.

2.You can read GSMArena's battery test on Lumia 920

3. Windows Phone has a feature called DataSense (for Verizon network):

But you are able to suppress background tasks that might use data.

4. I don't think WP allows for a scenario in which an app shows a graphical representation on all screens all the time. There are apps to test connection speed though.

5. Windows Phone supports "Mass Storage Mode" (Not called USB OTG) which allows you to access the phone's memory without installing anything.

6. You should see if you need any special kind of multitasking for a specific scenario. WP's way of switching apps is very intuitive, but you may need to get used to it if you come from an OS which allows apps to run without any restrictions, in the background.

7. WP does not currently use LEDs to notify you of new events.

8. Lumia 920 has 1 gig of RAM, not 512 megs. But it is unlikely that the next major update would not install on devices with 512 megs of RAM, because the new NT core remains the same and as Windows 7 (PC) was less resource hungry than Vista (and Windows 8 is even more efficient) I think WP will follow the same path.

• 2013-01-01 00:36
  • 6p6v

> In reply to sachemrebel @ 2012-12-31 22:10 from 0It2 - click to readthere are other millions of people using the lumia 920 flawlesly without any issue. I switched from my S3 to lumia 920 cuz the S3's battery sucked and it used to get very very slow n stuck. Android is not a properly optomized OS nd I cnt keep waiting for hours fr apps to open. Lumia 920 is butter smooth and slick.

• 2013-01-01 00:27
  • 7tR7

It is well designed but not mature. There are so many bugs in operation system. The last bug that i faced up to http://www.wpcentral.com/how-f...after-reset. And I wasted two days to try to make Nokia Suite work correctly but there is no way. I setup 3 different operating system but problem is not about OS, problem is Nokia. Finally i sent my phone to technical service and at least 5 days to fix it :). Soooo i really miss my htc one x, i really miss my android.

• 2012-12-31 22:10
  • 0It2

Just got the Nokia lumia 920 so far so good am loving it!

• 2012-12-31 20:09
  • SeL1

happy 2013 folks.....
Its 00:36 here in India!

• 2012-12-31 20:07
  • TL5a

> In reply to [deleted post]hey,what rubbish.the 920 is gaining to be a trend these days......show a child,or a common person the yellow colour,he replies lumia 920,in most cases!
The yellow colour has become the hallmark of the 920,just like the same way people awe at iphone(even galaxy s3 never gained that awe trend,and 920 did it fantastic).....and its damn hot!

• 2012-12-31 18:36
  • TL5a

@Kenswiss
M an n8 user for past 1 year...n i too hav da same fear u mentioned ...
I will rather go for 808 pv
ur post is a kinda eye opener to me.

• 2012-12-31 17:56
  • 6iRP

> In reply to Kenswiss @ 2012-12-31 10:36 from fu$Z - click to readall of your doubts were mine too but believe me wp8 is much of a mature os as symbian belle is
So you may feel free to have one and I'm sure you're going to love it

• 2012-12-31 16:18
  • fCyW

> In reply to [deleted post]gosh, u seriously have no idea of what's trending these days and what's cool. Lumia 920 is the most happening device globally and is being considered very posh with top celebs also using it. Christ!

• 2012-12-31 15:58
  • 7tR7

Got news from inside sources. Lumia 920 availability in India confirmed for January 2nd week at price of around 33K and available in six colors in India, i.e. red, Cyan, Yellow, Black, White & Grey.

Pre-orders started at 3000 rs at Nokia priority stores. I have booked the yellow color. looks hawwt.

• 2012-12-31 15:19
  • 7tR7

Hello all, i am planning to buy this phone. I see most of the review are based on 3G performance. I wanted to know if any one has checked the battery performance and everything on a 2g network. 3G in India is yet to be fully developed in terms of network facility. My basic requirements are:
1) surfing the browser
2) battery life while watching any video
3) also will it be still dependent on Zune for file transfer
4) bluetooth compatiility with other phones ?
5) i hear no radio as well , but i get that from all mixd opininons
6) call rejection with sms?
7) is there an option to record calls ?

thanks and regards
Wish you all Happy and prosperous new year.

• 2012-12-31 13:09
  • jJYI

GUys.. Happy news for india.. Nokia to launch this on jan 15...

• 2012-12-31 11:06
  • PV{Z

best touchscreen smart phone with puremotion hd+
worlds best imaging experiences with pure view camera
worlds best navigation experience with turn by turn voice guidance
world most advanced os windows8& bt,nfc sharing

• 2012-12-31 11:03
  • vGkP

Week 9. Still best phone going. Beats my other half's gn2. On speed. Clarity. . Well its just a better mob.

• 2012-12-31 10:37
  • m5fC

MY FEAR(S) OF MOVING FROM BELLE TO
WP8

1.will I get a file manager that will
enable me interact with my files fully? I
have heard of FILE BRICK APP but I
doubt it's capability

2.I'm sure wp8 phone won't get me
same internet/browsing time, I mean
with my belle phone I can stay on the
web for as long as I can remember and
the batt level remains ok no sudden
drops

3.now my biggest fear...I am afraid wp8
might be data hungry if not like android
somewhere near android, I once read
an article that many network operators
eg verizon,at&t(av just named the
famous ones) dislike symbian phones because they don't consume much data
it will mean less profit to them..this says
it all..as I said I stay in the net for a long
time, and advise me to subscribe to
unlimited data plans because in my
country they are expensive as hell

4.do we have traffic bar to show the
speed that one is browsing/
downloading at...or is there netqin for
wp8 ,as it provides traffic bar on the
screen

5.will I connect to any computer without installing a kind of software? I
guess it is call USB OTG

6.multi-tasking will never be the same,
atleast not anytime soon

7.is there notification led in wp8
phones? All smartphones I have used have had it..i hope the home key in wp8
blinks to notify of something

8.Im fearing in the next major update
they will say devices with 512MB of RAM
will not get full update but a light
one!!!!

You can clear some of my fears and
make my decision easier as some of you have experienced wp8

• 2012-12-31 10:36
  • fu$Z
Total of 10882 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 920.