Nokia Lumia won 12 awards, now dont tell me this isn't the best phone..
TheApprentice, 06 Jan 2013The Eco system that was started 2 yrs ago was of WP7. Which had a CE kernel. It was a desperat... moreGoogle has started stopping it's access on windows phone what do u say..??
I mean to say that the windows phone users will not be able to access ''GMAIL, GOOGLE MAPS, SEARCH ENGINE, YOU TUBE AND EVEN MORE'' in future.
Just be updated my fren..
What does Microsoft has for alternatives..??
tito73, 05 Jan 2013if nokia would have chosen android now it would have been in the position of Samsung ! the first!!Dear friend, although I use a dozen of android gadgets, I can far see that android days are now numbered IMHO - same fate as symbian. There will be better alternatives to take over soon, since open-source is now exposed for its flaws & shortcomings, especially the fragmentation nightmare it taught us to live with!
Anybody who badmouths MS/WP must first use WP for a few days (not at store for few minutes). Then if he/she returns disappointed with most of the stuff, he/she has full rights to bash WP for its flaws. Bashing WP without even first living with it is I would say plain stupid and mis-leading for other potential buyers. Remember - no OS can be perfect and moreover its about personal tastes/preferences! Thank you!
f9, 06 Jan 2013i feel shame on people who are saying android is best and try to compare the techno specs of n... moreThat's true, Android is so buggy. It always feel like beta version. Doesn't matter what Android phone you have from G1 to Nexus 4, they are much more buggy than iPhones and WP8
lumia 920, took too much time to come here in india, this late launch will cost a lot to nokia.
i feel shame on people who are saying android is best and try to compare the techno specs of nokia and android, you find that android is experimenting on mobie phones and most of its mobile phones are worst in operation and worst of it is that the system software and applications sucks data bundles every second,i think nokia world and apple are a better world.
Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreHigh end Android use quad-core Cpu and it still slow down after 2-3hours continuously... WP8 not lags or slowdown, yes it have reboots issues same as Android has for year long... but WP8 still 3months old and fix will coming in next 3months...
Also consider this:
- Windows Phone 8 OS is NOT less functional... it made for easy-to-use in best way... yes it need little polish for features and it will fixable with Apollo+ update... Yes it has one built in Web browser IE10 And it works fast and better than chrome in android... there is also had UC browser and Nokia Xpress web browser for WP8... WP8 Sync with any Windows Pc... it supports usb storage mood and also there is app for Windows 8 to make your WP8 and PC good buddies (Auto Sync everything)...
- Windows Phone is not open operating system like Android... but that not means it never have good functional apps... if it true than Android never copy WP app design in there Google play app on phone...
- Games : Yes Windows Phone 8 adds DirectX, That means developers have chance to port PC games to WP8 easily and no other phone os support it... Windows games do not work in Windows Phones as like Mac games do not work in iPhone or iPad... WP8 supports Cx codes (C+ or C++) that mean heavy games soon hit the WP8... WP8 also have Xbox live and it Sync between your WP8-PC-Tab-XBox...
- Android never integration with Windows PC, it only open folders in usb mass storage mode. and USB Mass Storage mode included in WP8 as well... only WP8 truly interget with Windows PC, That mean it allows auto sync of your music, video, photo, contacts, email, office files bad etc... XBox SmartGlass and MS Office app available for Android and ios but it less functional compare to WP8... and WP8 live with Windows ecosystem 24/7... and about PC market never ever shrinks... Yes tab and smart phone market growing fast but it never takes PC place... Android already feel pressure of WP8, So it taking step to avoid Google support for WP8...
- There is no true Android ecosystem... Less than 25% users have jelly bean on there phone... yes android in use in smartwatch, cameras, home electronics, TV's and it required it, cause when they loss smart phone market than the need alternative markets to make money... Yes Sony depending heavily on android, Just imagine Sony using WP8... Xbox and Play Station in one platform... ha ha haa, it only happens in dream...
At last my suggestion is use WP8 atleast 3-4 months before talk about it...
Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreWhich ecosystem? Only stupid games and apps? How about real and useful apps which we all want in tablets and even phones, like a good office (word, power point, excell), lightroom, corel, photoshop etc etc etc? Android will never give us such experience, because it's poor management of resources. So shut up. There are only two real ecosystems now on the market: MS and Apple. Maybe Ubuntu? Android for sure is a bad joke, nothing more.
Marc, 05 Jan 2013WP ecosystem started 2 years ago. Plenty of time to make something bigger than 2-3% market sha... moreThe Eco system that was started 2 yrs ago was of WP7. Which had a CE kernel. It was a desperate attempt to save Nokia. Since MS and Nokia are a big names, it was certain that this step would somehow stabilize nokia's hardware and MS sfotware and it did. Now that both are stable. They are bringing a advanced NT kernel which is better, and that is kernel is extremely new. I also wish it would have been a good choice if Nokia had gone with Android or even given MeeGo a second chance. But oh well, lets hope this works out. For Nokia at least. Least cared about MS and WP. But its a good OS. It will get into good position soon. Its a wait and watch game.
Using android for 2 years and I'm not satisfied, but this time I'm going to WP8.
I agree with you about preferences and I hope Blackberry, Jolla, Tizen, Ubuntu will succeed. I can't wish the same for WP. Why? Because it is created by one of the worst company in last decades: no ethics, bribes, threats, smear campaigns, unfair competition whenever possible (look what they did to Nokia: killed all competing OS's and very possible that Nokia itself will soon join these OS's and for what? Microsoft ambitions?
Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreSome people like Android, other people prefer WP. Choices, preferences, no OS is better than the other, it's what people prefer! And when people prefer WP and Nokia, that's good. If the whole world would be Android, there wouldn't be any choice any more. Yes, there are people who prefer WP rather than IOS or Android, every OS has it's pro's and cons, just live with it. WP has potential, just the way it is. I have had several phones with different operating systems, so I know the pro's and cons of them. This time I will go for WP8, like many other people.
ethereal, 05 Jan 2013NOKIA will NEVER show up with an android phone. Reason? NOKIA is after an eco-system, which an... moreif nokia would have chosen android now it would have been in the position of Samsung ! the first!!
WP ecosystem started 2 years ago. Plenty of time to make something bigger than 2-3% market share (Samsung's Bada (similar age) did better last quarter without any new models for a long time and promised death. Remember that Microsoft is a huge software company and Samsung is not)
Marc, 05 Jan 2013DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC ... moreChill WP ecosystem has just started. Give it some time to mature. Neither iOS nor android was complete and perfect when it was launched. Just like these two did MS is trying to keep things simple at first. Though it won't be as open Android but it is never ment to be. So relax, take a chill pill. Get a vacation. Enjoy the world.
google now blocking wp8 access to maps.google.com
shame on u google!!
DO NOT FORGET that you must compare Lumia 920 to high-end Android smartphones (Galaxy S3, HTC One X+/DNA, Sony high-end phones, LG Optimus G and so on). These phones are very fast and stable (not like rebooting WP8).
Also consider this:
- Windows Phone 8 OS is less functional than Android (lack of personalization, worse multitasking, worse (and more buggy) data sync with windows PC than with PC-Android, only one (and not the best) web browser...).
- Windows Phone is less open than Android (that means WP apps will be less functional than Android)
- Games - only Windows Phone use DX (and this OS has less than 3% users worldwide) and no, Windows games do not work in Windows Phones. Android and iOS use OpenGL (as well as Play Station and Wii).
- Windows "integration"/ecosystem. This one is one of the funniest WP "advantages": Android has less buggy integration with Windows than Windows Phone :), XBOX integration with WP is incomplete and buggy (oh, and Android has "SmartGlass" too), MS Office "integration" with WP8 is very limited in functionality (and Office is coming to Android too, plus Android has many alternatives already). Remember that PC (notebook/desktop), where Microsoft has very strong position, sales are declining (even with Holiday season and Windows 8). Tablets and smartphones are growing very fast, but Microsoft has almost zero of tablet market (dominated by iPAD and Android) and less than 3% in smartphones (and almost zero growth). Microsoft ecosystem is SHRINKING.
- Now lets talk about Android ecosystem: smartphones (75-80% users worldwide), tablets (around 45% worldwide and growing fast), smartwatch, cameras, home electronics (washing mashines, freezers...), TV's. Linux (Android kernel) is used in personal/gaming (PS) computers, web servers and super computers. Sony is heavily investing in Android smartphones (Play Station and Android "ecosystem" if you like. Watch for PS4). Android ecosystem is GROWING.