Time to buy NOK and why (part 1):
Signs of NOK´s stock price recovery:
NOK stock had already moved back and forth many times between 2 and 3 dollars even before this better-than-expected 3Q announced; Because the stock have been already shorted heavily, bears could not go any much further.
Huge volumes of shares exchanged during days of dips, meaning there are happy big buyers out there, for example Swiss National Bank announced it has become Nokia´s 5th biggest shareholder.
NOK´s average target price will rise soon, because after 3Q results, Societe Generale, SEB, Kepler, Carnergie, Credit Suisse, BZ, RBC, Canaccord, Scotiabank, Baird, Northlands Securities, Wedbush Securities and so on have raised Nokia´s target price. Also Nordea has rated NOK from "buy" to "strong buy", Carnegie from "hold" to "buy" and so on.
There were still a couple of bears even lowered NOK´s target price after better-than-expected 3Q, for example Exane. Bernstein remains Underperform rating and 1.56 dollar target. On the other hand, as you know, these might have been the biggest NOK bears out there.
1. Now when the DOWS and S&P have almost hit all time highs, investors start to think more about cheap and potential value stocks. NOK is now only about 0,8x book value, and usually NYSE stocks are on an average about 2x book value (Apple 7x book value). Therefore, I think NOK is cheap enough for its values. Another reason is NOK has been already shorted massively about 16% of its total shares.
2. Nokia has not lost about 1 billion dollars a quarter like the media says, because Nokia has 5 business parts and 4 of them are profitable. Therefore, the exact number is much much smaller.
3. Nokia´s loss is only 17 million euros any more (compared to Reuters´s consensus 277 million and Nokia´s last two previous quarters about 290 million each), this was much better.
4. Nokia Siemens Networks is doing very strongly (over 300 million euros profit in 3Q. More business to come in the future: 3G in developing countries, 4G in developed and emerging countries)
5. NAVTEQ was also profitable, but NAVTEQ´s number will be better in 4Q, because of the deals with Amazon, Yahoo, Oracle and many car-companies.
6. Nokia´s feature-phone division is doing well, because of Asha phones.
7. Nokia´s patent portfolio earns about 500 million euros a year, and the number is still increasing.
8. Nokia has cut expenses (which saves about 1 billion euros a year) and in the future Nokia does not have to spend so much in R&D either, because it has teamed up with Microsoft.
syahriel, 22 Oct 2012thanks,for the reply, definitely i buy nokia...because nokia very durableYes Nokia never fails on build and durability. I think its a good set. I'm gonna get this one and make do for couple years. Other manufacturers make light cheap sets so you really do need a new set every contract end
Chicken, 22 Oct 2012Guy ! that is not possible ?
public are automatically developing more and more interested ... moreyou arc
jealous. . .
yes . lg optimus p is fast has quad-core s4 pro chipse. and you said AUSU brand phone . all people dont know this .
because sony has high 1080p display. 5 -6 inthes. and new cyber-shot exmor g lens camera far far far better lg optimu g and AUSU....
willboyce, 22 Oct 2012Vote for what you likethanks,for the reply, definitely i buy nokia...because nokia very durable
Why vote between lumia 920 and samsung note II. High lumia 920, but more qualified hardware samsung
lol bad english
Wheez, 22 Oct 2012Don't think you've got to hold one yet, but naturally this too is preference/opinion thing, bu... moreLike you, I wish these people who has a mouth-full to say about what they DON'T like about the 920(weight etc.) would go shoot their mouths off somewhere else. WE LIKE THE NOKIA LUMIA 920, so GO AWAY you nokia-haters!
Albert, 22 Oct 2012A real heavyweight champion, literally "heavyweight" championDon't think you've got to hold one yet, but naturally this too is preference/opinion thing, but I found the weight of the 920 to be frigging amazing. How is a 4,5" device going to give a sense of quality if it weights less than my nephews Fisher's Price-toy phone?
Chimeric, 22 Oct 2012 Wrong ! Desktop is always heavier than Laptop, but laptop value, quality, efficiency, porta... moreWell, it's trial OS by an OS manufacturer who's dominating computer market ever since int's first windows platform.... So they do know how to build an OS, and people can trust them with it. Plus Apple started making phones only 5 years ago, Nokia has been there since eternity now and do know how to manufacture a phone better..... that's why you'll never have to hold nokia device in a specific way to make reliable phone calls... That's why Nokia won't screw up with chipping issues or Defective camera lens or blundered Maps, Jeez, when apple released iOS, in its first 2 incarnations it was not even able to forward the text messages, it was that primitive.... So WP8 will always be a better experiment than Horrible iOS..
george, 22 Oct 2012920 is expensive. Huawei w1 work with windows 8 and cost only €230. sorry nokia, but this is a fact.If you don't mind cheap stuff its fine. There's alot to be said for cheap tat. If it doesn't satisfy go buy a new one. But for me its Nokia lumia
well....i m not sure to say within the next 5 yrs thr will be no fixed OS preloaded on a smartphone :P
they gonna give u a phone with no OS and we gonna install the OS which one we like.....
and i m confused if the NOKIA is gonna introduce it first to us ;)
920 is expensive. Huawei w1 work with windows 8 and cost only €230. sorry nokia, but this is a fact.
UFO, 22 Oct 2012this nokia lumia l920 is good phone. but if sony xperia "odin" "yuga" &quo... moreGuy ! that is not possible ?
public are automatically developing more and more interested on window 8 platform now.
Just watch, even top-end LG Optimus G or ASUS padfone 2 with the current fastest Chipset "S4 pro" launched ahead of Sony Odin, Yuga.... still fails to create public attention.
yes this phone is compatible with almost all of the frequencies used around the world, so an unlocked 920 from the US or Europe will work in India.
Ichimaru, 21 Oct 2012Pardon my ignorance, but can i use a Lumia 920 in India if I buy an UNLOCKED version from US? ... moreBut yea, find out what kinda frequencies etc your carrier in India uses. I dont know which one it usually is, but you might be better off with an unlocked Lumia 920 from Europe.
Ichimaru, 21 Oct 2012Pardon my ignorance, but can i use a Lumia 920 in India if I buy an UNLOCKED version from US? ... moreYou should be able to, but you should find out what GSM/3G/LTE bands/frequencies it uses and make sure you got at least some of the same available in India.