Anonymous, 01 Oct 2012hey GSMARENA why didn't you add the "super-sensitive" capability in the display deta... moreThe tech is called "PureMotionHD+" which is mentioned in the specs.
"Super-sensitive" sounds like some random hype :P
hail nokia..., 01 Oct 2012The price of this phone is set as expected... if you want quality, you have to pay for it. ... moreEuropeanbuilt? Where do you get that from.factory in Salo was closed down.wake up. It has happened many things over the year we have had Mr Elop in charge
hail nokia..., 01 Oct 2012The price of this phone is set as expected... if you want quality, you have to pay for it.
... moreWhile I mostly agree, but a few things:
1) Yes, Lumia 920 is/will be a better built product than SGS3 for example, however to claim SGS3 is garbage is a ridicilous biased comment
2) No Lumia (or I believe any Nokia phone) will be manufactured in Finland anymore. They are designed here, but the manufacturing is done elsewhere. In the case of a value-phone (Nokia has value and volume phones) such as a Lumia 920, most likely in China, Beijing. The city where I live in used to have the only factory in Finland that made flagshp phones, but the factory was shut down like last month and we only have R&D and the HQ in Finland now.
3) Build quality isnt necessary tied to the country of manufacturing as much as it's tied to quality assurance/control. And European countries are more likely to have high QA/QC than Asian countries. Most of the "high quality stuff from Europe" isnt even halfly manufactured here. Like for example for a long time now (before the factory shut down), only the final assembly was done in Finland, the engines and other components came from much "cheaper countries". A phone totally made in China can and will be of highest quality (as will be the case with Lumia 920 most likely) if and when the company behind the products makes sure the quality levels are met.
The price of this phone is set as expected... if you want quality, you have to pay for it.
DONT compare this phone's pricing to the SG3. SG3 is a piece of plastic garbage compared to the construction of this phone. This phone has a superior screen, superior camera, superior body (plastic and ceramic), superior speaker, AND is Finish.. NOT korean.
And for those of you who may take offense to that, its a general rule that all european-built things are far better quality than asian-built things. period.
o yea... and this is nokia... the company with the best reputation for quality hardware designs.
and dont forget, the phone's price will drop within a few months... so if you can't afford it right away, just wait it out. No one complains about the iphone 5 being so expensive, so why do poeple complain about this? if its too expensive, then get something else. This phone is for elite windows users and for people who want the best of the best.
jackandjill, 01 Oct 2012is this phone available at this moment?? Not at the moment. At earliest in certain areas by the end of this month.
hey GSMARENA why didn't you add the "super-sensitive" capability in the display details? i think it is quite remarkable
Adi, 28 Sep 2012Hi Nokia ,
I dont Understand one thing .
How can you price your phone above S3 ?
1. Yours ... moreFirst thing, I agree that even its pre-order price shouldn't be around 40K. Indian market is not ready for that yet unless it's an iphone. i am talking about majority of smartphone user market.But reasons are wrong,
1. Quad core is not even required for windows else nokia would have had no problem to use quad core. Even Android doesn't use all 4 cores. So simply dumping unnecessary hardware doesn't make phone good.
2. Reputation of Nokia cannot be questioned as they set the standards in this industry. Be it build quality, Signal Reception, Photography, hell even concept of smartphone OS brought by Symbian Nokia. So please don't use that word even by mistake when you are talking about Nokia. And we all know Samsung's reputation in copying iphone and ipad so don't tell reputation of samsung, at least not in this market.
3. Android may be good but 'everyone' is certainly not the word for Android fan base. No. of apps in ecosystem doesn't make OS great, and if you are getting whatever you do on regular basis on a symbian Device , symbian it self is sufficient for you coz nobody is gonna use all 700000 apps in that ecosystem. At max you'll end up using 15-20 apps on a regular basis (that too a heavy app user) in the entire lifespan of that mobile. So i can't understand how symbian Belle FP1 is inferior to android if it does all the functions that android does? Comparing with symbian coz people consider it a stone age OS(i don't), and windows 8 is just born baby so it has a scope of huge improvement and it may even surpass android since google already tried Chrome OS in Desktop field and they failed. so if Microsoft puts a lot of efforts which they are putting now, i don't think surpassing android would be difficult for them.
Trends do change. Telling android is popular now doesn't require any brains as it's fact in front of us at current situation. Try to think of ahead. I think Windows 8 is gonna be replacing Blackberry as professional phone coz of its integration with Desktop version of windows 8. I think it's the right gamble Microsoft is playing and i won't be surprised if 2 years down the line we see Windows eating up mobile phone market.
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2012yes and even moore closed than ios.what a laugh.since when iphone had Radio and micro SD slot? if i am not wrong it's 6th incarnation of iOS and with only 2nd incarnation of revamped Windows Phone OS, Microsoft had brought support to external memory card slot.... I hope next big upgrade brings both Windows Explorer and Bluetooth FTP as well considering the speed at which they are bringing changes.
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2012History has proved mobile windows to be failures, again and again. Degrading speed and stabili... moreit could have been understandable if you would have said windows mobile os.... i think one must be terribly drunk to say their Windows on PC rot!!! especially in light of the fact that it's a unanimously used OS both at individual and organizational levels......
Anonymous, 30 Sep 2012History has proved mobile windows to be failures, again and again. Degrading speed and stabili... moredude... U not getting it.it was nokia's symbian that ruined wp.there was no nokia and nothing like wp8 for windows phones.
And Nokia lost the battle as they announce their price. You can't sell this phone at sgs3 price. Nokia had to place this device under sgs and iphone5, in order to get back to market. Sadly at the price of sgs3 i dont buy this phone even if i want to have one.
Wheez, 30 Sep 2012I know very well neither 900 or 800 will get WP8, but at those prices it would've been quite l... moreIt's not wise.
U re just fooling yourself by comparing already outdated OS N8, lumia 800 or lumia 900 against the latest wdp8 smartpone.
Dear all, it is true that black colour will me mate not glossy as others colours? Thank you in advance:)