Nokia Lumia 928 - user opinions and reviews

7.7

hi I'm dhani from indonesia,
1st day using this phone, AMAZING & Smooth,
using gsm or CDMA (smartfren) all working, great phone,
my question, when its update to cyan ? now still using PFD, can I get OTA for cyan update ?

• 2014-07-25 05:30
  • PU08

> In reply to aadicoool @ 2014-06-30 14:55 from PB8Y - click to readHey.. I'm planning to get this phone from the US. Since it is on Verizon and US only, how do you update the phone? Does it have to update only when Verizon rolls out the update or we can still update if Nokia's firmware is out?

• 2014-07-21 13:46
  • utC4

I find the phones side buttons are a hinderence when holding for use as a phone, my wife frequently disconnects due to their position, other than that its fine

• 2014-07-12 15:43
  • qiQ8

> In reply to Tiwaash @ 2014-03-26 11:09 from rKHp - click to readIT doesn't even need to be unlocked. You see, the 928 is a verzion exclusive 4G phone. So due to this, the 2G and 3G GSM modules are completely unlocked and can be used very easily. I am using it in india on Vodafone's 3G+ NW and getting download speeds of upto 7Mbps.

• 2014-06-30 14:55
  • PB8Y

I faced the same issue. After searching a few forums, found that all you need to do is to delete the automatically created APN profile and then create a new one. That did the trick for me.

• 2014-06-30 14:52
  • PB8Y

i think it's a fine phone

• 2014-06-11 15:52
  • P%%v

I have just acquired this phone NOKIA 928, the problem I face is that when i switch on the "internet sharing option" and then search for wifi devices on my secondary phone and laptop, I can not find this phone to pair on on the wifi option to connect. I had my previous phone HTC mozart and never faced this problem, experts!! please guide. I have the internet connection from my service provider, and can browse on the NOKIA 928 only

• 2014-05-14 10:05
  • KI6T

> In reply to Sachin @ 2014-05-08 15:36 from Y}K$ - click to readno FM at all.. if u have plz mention which windows version u using?

• 2014-05-12 19:48
  • NvR$

does Nokia have free Wi-Fi

• 2014-05-12 01:45
  • ImfE

> In reply to abdul @ 2014-05-02 21:09 from NvR$ - click to readFM radio is no more in Music, swipe and search for FM radio in standard application list, you will see it

• 2014-05-08 15:36
  • Y}K$

hi. in gsmarena review its mentioned after gdr2 update lumia 928 does have fm radio.... but i cant see any fm radio in music hub even after updating to wp8.1????

• 2014-05-02 21:09
  • NvR$

How does one activate or down load whatsupp?

• 2014-04-22 09:53
  • ft8}

I have wp 8 black to my 928, and i'm from Romania, so yes, you can upgrade to wp black by OTA.

• 2014-04-20 09:00
  • 0Uv3

> In reply to songwoowan @ 2014-04-18 04:44 from 7XaF - click to readYes you can, infact every windows phone compatible with windows phone 8 can get the black update. even the Lumia 520

• 2014-04-19 12:33
  • ui8r

Can I upgrade this to Nokia Black or not?

• 2014-04-18 04:44
  • 7XaF

can i use cdma net in india after unlock it? pls give suggestion any budy

• 2014-04-10 18:13
  • U$j3

> In reply to Tiwaash @ 2014-03-26 11:11 from rKHp - click to readI think you should restart your phone whenever that issue occurs, then see if this could fix it or not.
And you can use some of these methods to prolong your battery life :D My Lumia 928 usually lasts 1 day to 1,5 days by using these:
Sometimes, there is an app could drain yr battery as drinking water, so you should check those newest apps that you just installed. then find out which one.
Or maybe you let so many apps that can run background tasks. For me, you could turn them all off.
3G (or LTE), wifi, NFC, bluetooth, connect to XBOX,auto sync photo,...those setting you shouldn't turn on all the time if you don't need to use.
Set "Brightness" to Auto or Low.
Yep, there are some more ways to help this issue but I think mainly these ways can already solve the problem.
Gudluck and Enjoy your Lumia 928.

• 2014-03-27 08:30
  • UL@f

Does anyone else face the issue of battery draining quickly ? It lasts hardly 12- 13 hours of moderate use for me.

• 2014-03-26 11:11
  • rKHp

> In reply to jp @ 2014-03-07 07:54 from 2WY8 - click to readYes u can use it, provided it is Unlocked, I use it here and its really good except the battery, it just drains off quickly.

• 2014-03-26 11:09
  • rKHp

This is a bad phone with a lot of faults. Mine does not recognise when headphones have been plugged in and sometimes apps open themselves without me even touching the phone. The battery life is terrible, only getting a few hours before battery saver kicks in. I would not recommend this phone.

• 2014-03-13 13:07
  • ptQX
Total of 514 user reviews and opinions for Nokia Lumia 928.