Nokia N8 - user opinions and reviews

Nokia

7.7
7.7
7.5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-13 17:12 from uvJ5 - click to readYes it supports pdf

• 2014-09-16 09:17
  • KAeL

> In reply to Rev @ 2014-09-08 11:54 from r0iA - click to readu have too open the phone and all u need to do is to open the shooter with ur bear hand. good luck....

• 2014-09-15 14:49
  • fs5G

Nokia shud release the refreshed N8

• 2014-09-15 12:48
  • Khwy

I love my N8 - Won it 4 years ago ... having issues with not being able to charge it with a USB in my vehicle - or Nokie charger in home .... can only use the original charger - kinda weirs as it was charging with both for a year now ... any ideas on the USB as I can't download on my PC now :(

• 2014-09-14 20:14
  • QZ1X

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-13 17:12 from uvJ5 - click to readYes, with Adobe Reader or Picsel Smart Office etc.

• 2014-09-14 00:57
  • B}QB

I am using this phone from 4 years, still i have no issues With this phone. I also used i phone 4s but when i compared the video quality iphone 4s with n8 i found n8 screen much better quality. This phone came down because of its app. Otherwise i love this phone

• 2014-09-13 20:41

nice 1 i love my n8

• 2014-09-13 10:21
  • 7wk%

> In reply to KK 1512 @ 2014-09-11 20:19 from fCx2 - click to readHello,
From what I know only Fring works for video calls. The only other voice call app I found is Nimbuzz, it works well but no video calls.

• 2014-09-11 22:19
  • B}QA

Hello every1. I still love my N8 even after owning it for 2 years. Each & every aspect is just awesome. But the fact that many things are leaving their way from this legendary smartphone, such as skype. Skype was the only app thru which i used to call the other person & got hd sound quality. But as skype decided to stop Its services, i need another app which serves my purpose of free calling. So plz suggest me the best alternative for skype for my N8. & is there any video calling app other than fring ??

• 2014-09-11 20:19
  • fCx2

Still the best. Real flash. Voice-dial with Nokia car-kit. Great pictures. Good widgets. They don't make them like this anymore.

• 2014-09-11 09:47
  • mj9u

Sept 2014 ....
Still the best phone available for me.
I upgraded to a Lumia last year, but sold it after 3 days & bought a new N8.
12MP camera, FM Radio, a T-9 predictive text keyboard & compatible with Nokia Suite.
The Lumia had none of the above features which are essential for me.
I hope I can still buy an N8 on Ebay when this eventually packs up.

• 2014-09-08 21:51
  • myUq

i forgot my keyguard

• 2014-09-08 15:25
  • MsNv

> In reply to Rev @ 2014-09-08 11:54 from r0iA - click to readTry factory reset. If it doesn't work, then flash your N8 with Belle Refresh firmware of your country by looking up your N8's product code by dialing *#0000# in your dialer using Dead USB flashing via Phoenix tool. If reinstalling the firmware doesn't get rid of the problem you are facing, then I guess the mechanism for opening the shutter might be broken. It's better to go to Nokia Care.

• 2014-09-08 15:05
  • t1$C

Hi fellow NOKIA N8 users, my concern is, my N8 that has been so helpful suddenly the camera has developed a problem. The camera shutter has refused to open when the camera is on to take photos. The flash light is working well. Only the shutter unworking. I have tried resetting camera settings, switching off the phone, etc... Nothing! Please give advise. Am distressed!

• 2014-09-08 11:54
  • r0iA

> In reply to enzyke @ 2014-08-30 15:12 from 7Xpr - click to readSure it is. And it leaves its direct competitors iPhone 4 and samsung galaxy S far behind.

• 2014-09-01 01:47
  • 0wxc

> In reply to gauchoh @ 2014-08-28 12:08 from r0bH - click to readI am not caroh, but I strongly suggest you look for other phone that supports skype than this. There are newer nokia symbian device if you're an all out symbianite. Otherwise, there are lower priced phones out there that can do better than this (windows phone or android). I still use my nokia n8 albeit I prefer my xperia mini pro even though it's smaller and lousy camera, unfortunately I broke my mini pro so I have to endure using N8 for now until I buy a new phone on December (holidays=discounts). I use my n8 primarily to make and answer gsm calls, text, camera still great. for actual skype and other IM apps, experience is not very great. Honestly. Many developers have stopped supporting symbian apps so buying an n8 today is not a very good investment.

• 2014-08-31 14:02
  • XMV$

> In reply to Sobisco @ 2014-08-30 11:00 from t1$B - click to readCompany execs = politicians. No difference. It would be naive to believe them all the time.

• 2014-08-31 09:13
  • t7Xk

heLLo guys, correct me if im wrong, n8 is STILL the highest hits on aLL nokia phones?

• 2014-08-30 15:12
  • 7Xpr
Total of 47907 user reviews and opinions for Nokia N8.